The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

http://www.disneymusicemporium.com/rgshop/star-wars-the-force-awakens/

12/18 soundtrack release date. It's the perfect release date if you ask me. I might (probably won't) try and skip the samples and preview tracks to give the movie a "fresh" experience.

Is Disney releasing this?

Really happy about the soundtrack release date info. Makes sense to tie it in with the movie release date (as per normal).

Also I really like the designs for the film we have seen thusfar. Much more OT vibe than the Prequels as they seem to have taken OT as the aesthetic starting point but naturally developed it into a new direction.

I'm torn between wanting to hear the score as soon as I have the CD in hand and waiting to hear it with the film. I think I'll compromise by just listening to the Main Titles track, because I know all the Star Wars nerds will be cheering loudly in the theater as soon as the opening chord is sounded and STAR WARS jumps onto the screen. I want to hear a fresh recording of the main theme without the hooting and hollering, thank you very much.

I bet J.J. Abrams had input with the OST release day-and-date with the film. Usually the CD comes out Tuesday beforehand. (Even the KOTCS CD came out the day before the film's release.)

I can understand directors wanting to keep the film's secrets, but this is ridiculous.

I'll probably buy the record at my music store the day of it's release.

But wait till I saw the movie to listen to it (will I be that patient...). :blush2:

I bet J.J. Abrams had input with the OST release day-and-date with the film. Usually the CD comes out Tuesday beforehand. (Even the KOTCS CD came out the day before the film's release.)

I can understand directors wanting to keep the film's secrets, but this is ridiculous.

Nah, it's standard procedure now.

Starting this summer, albums will come out on Fridays

I'll probably buy the record at my music store the day of it's release.

But wait till I saw the movie to listen to it (will I be that patient...). :blush2:

You still have music stores?!!! :o

Nah, it's standard procedure now.

Starting this summer, albums will come out on Fridays

Weird. I haven't heard that change before.

I'm always used to new CDs and DVD/Blu-rays hitting stores on Tuesdays.

so, it's the standard 1 disk OST

I was hoping,just this once, we'd get a deluxe 2 c.d. set

It is Williams, what did expect. 2 disc complete score for the deluxe edition?

Yes!! Both movie and film come out the day before my birthday!

Probably gonna see the movie, then pop the CD into the car stereo for a first listen on the way home.

What's the difference between the standard and deluxe editions?

Standard jewel case vs. digipack.

A few more tracks on the deluxe?

Very unlikely...

How about some collectible covers, stickers, a foldout poster and more glossy pictures from the film?

The complete score from the legendary John Williams is now available for pre-order!

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-star-wars-the-force-awakens-soundtrack-arrives-december-18?linkId=16809341

Bullshit??

The complete score from the legendary John Williams is now available for pre-order!

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-star-wars-the-force-awakens-soundtrack-arrives-december-18?linkId=16809341

Bullshit??

Complete score on one disc (according to Amazon) and for only $13.98?