Grievous Travels to Utapau (No Choir)

Manakin Skywalker

I know that one of the video game rips contains this cue without choir, but I can't remember what game. I just got GAL Rage of the Wookiees today thinking that was it, but it's not in there (that I can find anyway). Anyone know what rip it was in?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, none of the video games contain this piece without choir. The video games use the 'final mixes' of the cues so the chorus is always there.

You may be thinking of the Reel 4 Deconstruction track, which features the music from the Kenobi/Grievous duel as edited in the film. It has that piece, but it's looped and chopped down.

Nope, none of the video games contain this piece without choir. The video games use the 'final mixes' of the cues so the chorus is always there.

You may be thinking of the Reel 4 Deconstruction track, which features the music from the Kenobi/Grievous duel as edited in the film. It has that piece, but it's looped and chopped down.

Ah ok that makes sense. I could have sworn I found a piece of it years ago, but I must have been mistaken. I'm also looking for the ending of "Shmi's Funeral" which supposedly is in the Rage of the Wookiees rip, but can't find any sign of it, or any part of the entire cue. (Unless I was thinking of TFU1 instead) :P

The end of Shmi's funeral is in several games. It's in SWBF2, TFU and TOR.

I mean the part where they take off in the ship after Obi-Wan is shot at by the droideka. I can't find it in SWBF2 or SWTOR... I *think* I heard someone say it might be in TFU 1 or 2, but if it is, I'm missing that file.

EDIT: Nevermind, after re-searching through my Battlefront 2 files I found it! :D

EDIT: Nevermind, after re-searching through my Battlefront 2 files I found it! :D

Really? You wouldn't happen to know how to extract music files from BF2 would you?

I don't know if he does, but I do, at least from the PS2 version. I used a program called MFAudio to rip the entire file into one big stream.

Really? You wouldn't happen to know how to extract music files from BF2 would you?
I do rip games, but I've not yet attempted to rip BF2. However, I do have a complete PC rip of it that I got several years ago. I have a collection of most Star Wars game rips (most of them I ripped myself).

I do rip games, but I've not yet attempted to rip BF2. However I do have a complete SWBF2 PC rip that I got from a friend several years ago. I also have rips from most Star Wars games, a lot of which I ripped myself.

The non choir version of "Grievous Travels To Sidious" what you're talking about in your initial post is from a piece that featured on the old Star Wars site (Hyperspace at the time) called "Reel 4 Deconstruction". Which had sfx, voices and music for the segment of when Obi-Wan faces off with Grievous in the lightsaber duel (with the tracked music) as each piece isolated from each other. I actually have just the music segment for that "Reel 4 Deconstruction". It does NOT contain the full ending, only bits but should be able to fill it in with the music from the OST. Although the quality is not that great...I think it was like 192 or something but saved in flac format so there would be no loss in quality. I'll drop you a PM...

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a real low-quality version (it's probably from the same source as Eblobulator's), but I don't know the origin. Anyway, it has some sound effects and the opening and ending of the cue are cut off.