What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

I'd welcome a new Muppet Show.

Anyway... I'm only halfway though the third Doctor Who series, but... WOW. So far I rarely found it sub par, never bad, often great, with the first two Moffat scripted episodes being the clear highlights so far.

Today I saw Moffat's third, Blink. And it's easily one of the best things I've seen on TV, ever. One of the best time travel stories I've seen. Probably one of the best things I've seen in quite a while, anywhere. You could easily take this script, remove any specific references to the series, and turn it into a full, brilliant theatrical film. Moffat is a genius.

The only downside is... I can't imagine the rest of the series ever getting close to this again.

The Fall 2x05 The Fall

Creepy scene this week with Burns meeting with the pedophile priest. Yeesh. The police's insistence on not arrested Paul in hopes he'll lead them to Rose backfires big time this week, as he uses his time at home to destroy all the evidence he needs. The cops should have just arrested him and interrogated him until he talked about Rose! The babysitter continues to be a creepy accomplice. A love lock, lol. And she destroys more evidence in Spector's hotel room before finally getting arrested. Oi! And finally the reason they've been coming back to that patient of Specter's that lost a kid is clear: Him attacking Jimmy in an alley leads to him ultimately being arrested. How odd. Of course the guy gets away, though, and I liked how you think Spector is almost getting away again too, before the new cop arrested him. Watching the video footage of Rose on Spector's video recording was a turn off, they definitely lingered on that for way too long. At least the cops did goot interrogation work on Sally Ann and the babysitter, and the forensics team finds enough evidence to charge Spector for the other murders as well. I didn't really get the ending with the burned car. What was supposed to be in there and when did Spector burn it? Is that the mannequin inside or Rose?

The cops should have just arrested him and interrogated him until he talked about Rose!

Short of them using enhanced interrogation techniques, they probably had good reason to doubt that he would be forthcoming with the information they were seeking...

I dunno, I can't help but feel they've bungled most of this investigation so far

Modern Family 6x19 Grill, Interrupted

Funny episode, a nice bounce-back from last week's kinda dull one. The A story with Haley and Andy is the strongest and had some funny moments with her new boyfriend. Mitch and Claire paying back their dad much to Cam and Phil's chagrin was pretty funny, with Cam's fur coats and Phil's interactions with Jay. Though the running gag of his grill problems was too bad-sitcom-y. The tequila bit with Manny and Luke was pretty funny too. I really liked the Alex story too, especially the ending with her and Jay, that was a nice moment.

Community 6x04 Queer Studies & Advanced Waxing

31 minutes! That's how long this episode of Community is! And unlike the longer-than average prior episodes, this one feels like it. Actually, the A plot moves pretty briskly, its the B plot that suffers. The A plot involving the dean becoming a openly gay member of the school board is a pretty good one - its always a risk to turn a running gag about a character into the center of a storyline, but it more or less worked here. The B story of Chang acting in a Karate Kid play is a nice Community-style gag, and is going well for a while, but repeats one too many of the beats by the end of it. The C plot with Abed and the new guy taking care of the birds wasn't bad either. Thinking about it, this could be the best ep of the season yet... it was the first one that felt like it was just an episode of Community, and not a catch-up to a new season with new cast members type episode. Here's hoping things stay at least on this level!

One more episode to go of Homeland: The Years After Brody ... Up till now it was okay, suspenseful, but yesterday's episode (11) was pretty bad. It's as if all the good writers suddenly have left the show.

American Horror Story: Coven is getting worse too.

The quality is very inconsistent of these shows.

I've been watching Friends over the last month or so. Took me a while to get into it, but I definitely see the appeal. It's hard to fall in love with these characters, regardless of how stupid they can be, and the show definitely has its comical high points. I'm sure I'll be sad to see them go when I get to the end, but that's a long way off.

We're enjoying some classic Iron Chef tonight! God, back in the early/mid 90s, this was definitely one of the things that turned me on to Zimmer's music. Ridiculous, but so good.

Homeland S4 ended up being a waste of time

Serialised shows that go on for too long are prone to becoming stupid. I long for a return to more episodic shows.

Examples?

And like Drax, do you also want the serialized show to end? Just because Lost didn't know when to stop? Seems a bit extreme, especially when you know it's Koray's favorite TV show!

Alex

The last episode of Homeland: AB (pssst ... After Brody) was weirdly anti-climactic. I even fell asleep. Boohoo!

And so I wondered what series I should watch next, but lo and behold, Netflix has Mad Men Season 7! I'm such a lucky guy!

Alex

Marcy was interested in Outlander, so we started watching it together. After 2 or 3 episodes, I gave up and told her she could watch the rest without me. It's a chick show.

I gotta get back to watching Louie again. I liked the first season but haven't seen it since.

I gotta get back to watching Louie again. I liked the first season but haven't seen it since.

People seem divided on whether the later seasons are richer/deeper or simply unfunny/pretentious, but I've personally grown to like the series more as it's progressed. The show didn't really click for me until the third season.

Anyone seen OUTLANDER?

Only the first two episodes or so. Not enough to tell if it would become worthwhile. But then I was too slow and the downloads got taken down before I had a chance to watch it. I'll give it another try when I get the chance.

Please do so. I have a list for you to indulge in so that i mustn't start watching crap... ;)

Saw THE LAST MAN ON EARTH, first episode is funny, don't know where to go from there, though. The Ridley Scott/amazon thingie about what would happened if the germans won the war was utter shite, sadly.