What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Survivor Season Finale tonight . Another classic TV night.

Russell doesn't deserve to win as much as he did last time, he's gone too far out off his way to piss of the jury. But I can't help but root for him again.

I'm rooting for Parvati!

(I would have loved Amanda to still be there though)

EDIT:OMG How did Parv manage to stay? Russell just screwed himself

Like Prison Break, which should have ended after one season.....when they did a ...prison break.

It would have worked best as a mini-series, I think. Didn't they break in and out of prison like 5 times?

I loved seasons 1 and 2. Once they'd broken out, it felt like the continued plan to freedom needed to be told, and the fact was that Michael's tattoo had more in it than just the escape.

3 and 4 could be re-edited into a couple of really long feature length TV movies. With no very clear direction, it seemer the writers were coming up with one ludicrous scenario after another, and T-Bag started to get very annoying. However, once it got near the end and they knew it was ending, they had something to aim for, and I'd say the last couple of episodes and the swansong special were outstanding.

• 2 months later...

Star Trek: TOS - "Friday's Child." This was just the worst thing ever. I'm determined to watch all of TOS, but sometimes it's hard.

Star Trek: TOS - "Friday's Child." This was just the worst thing ever. I'm determined to watch all of TOS, but sometimes it's hard.

Worse than "Spock's Brain"? Worse than "And the Children Shall Lead"? Or have you not seen those yet?

Worse than "Spock's Brain"? Worse than "And the Children Shall Lead"? Or have you not seen those yet?

I've seen "Spock's Brain." I don't think it's quite as awful as general consensus paints it to be. The plot is ridiculous, but at least it's shot fairly competently. "Friday's Child" is just so slow, clunky and confusing that I was really tempted to stop watching several times. Now, I just saw "Journey to Babel." This is more like it! Strong characters, an engaging mystery plot, a decent fight in which Kirk is actually wounded. It's exciting! At first I thought it was going to be another display of laughably dated sexism, with Amanda being referred to only as "wife" or "Mrs. Sarek," but the sexism turned out to be a part of the story and she was a very interesting character when she actually spoke. I liked how faithful to this episode Star Trek '09 was.

Babel is one of the best classic Trek eps. There's enough there that if it was made today you could probably build a whole season arc out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody watch the new show "Louie" on FX? I just watched the first 3 episodes and goddamn, its fucking terrible. Louie CK left Parks and Recreation for this?

Also I recently finished The IT Crowd Season 4. What happened? The first 3 seasons were so great! I don't get it.

Might watch the new BBC Sherlock tonight

Yea, I agree Season 3 was already a step down from 1 & 2, but it still had its moments. Season 4 was just kinda boring.

The show was the best with the original President from season 1; The new President from seasons 2-4 wasn't a quarter as good.

Might watch the new BBC Sherlock tonight

I'm really looking forward to seeing that. I'll probably track it down online my next day off.

Apparently former Cowboys coach and Fox NFL analyst Jimmy Johnson will be participating in the next Survivor.

• 1 month later...

So what new falls shows are people going to check out?

Last night Boardwalk Empire started, which I am about to watch in a few minutes.

Airing tonight for the first time are The Event, Lone Star, Mike & Molly, Chase, and Hawaii Five-0.

Returning tonight from previous years are How I Met Your Mother, House, Chuck, Two and a Half Men, Rules Of Engagement, and Castle

HIMYM is the only one I'm definitely watching; Most likely House as well stuck with it for 6 seasons, why stop now)? I will probably end up checking out The Event, but might wait for reviews first

The season premiere of Always Sunny was pretty good. Basically the show has remained around the same level of quality for its entire run. Sometimes they have standout episodes (Nightman, etc), but its mostly just consistantly very good. Love it.

Boardwalk Empire was OK. I'll keep watching. Interesting setting, unlike anything I've even seen a movie about. Hard to imagine prohibition was ever legal, let alone for 13 years! Crazy.

Anybody watching The Event? Can't decide if I should check it out or just go to bed lol

I'll check out The Event if the reviews are good. I keep thinking that one of these Lost-esque shows that come along will be able to match it in terms of quality, but it hasn't happened yet. I liked the Always Sunny premiere, it's a show that's still pretty much as good as it ever was.

I'm also going to watch The Office and Community when comes back, and Parks & Recreation, whenever that is.

The only currently aired show I watch is It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, and I won't even be watching Season 6 since I have yet to see Season 5. TV died when the series finale of LOST aired.

Lost went out with a wimper. TV lives and there were/are better shows than Lost which is overrated.

There are some shows that I have interest in getting in to, but nothing so much that I'm willing to cough up some dollars to watch on DVD and catch up. Mad Men is probably #1. I hear Breaking Bad is good, and I'm slightly interested in Cougar Town, if only for Bill Lawrence. I miss Scrubs.

Usually the shows that I actually like get cancelled in an instant. Andy Barker P.I. and Better Off Ted are two recent examples.

Just watched CHASE, scored by Bruckheimer-vet Trevor Morris. Pretty standard cop fare; lead character and quirky team track down bad guys paint-by-number style. The score was good, but I'm sure we'll never hear it apart from the show.

I already miss Wipeout.

And not just for Jill Wagner. :sleepy:

I have zero interest in any of the new shows.

Still on my DVR: How I Met Your Mother, Castle, Modern Family, The Office, Family Guy. Oh, and stuff with Samantha Brown from the Travel Channel. And Stephen Fry In America which is on HDNet currently and which I missed a while back.

Samantha Brown is like the only person on Travel Channel I don't like :sleepy:

Andrew Zimmern is where it's at!

[Tenth Doctor mode]

What?

What?!?

WHAT?!?!?!

[/Tenth Doctor mode]

You don't like Samantha Brown? What's not to like??

Well I still haven't checked out The Event, but I saw the season premiere of HIMYM and it was the same old, same old. I would really like them to introduce the mother NOW, please. And I totally called that Ted's ex would be a lesbo with the blonde at the bar way before they revealed it.

Forgot to post last night, but new shows premiering last night were Raising Hope and Running Wilde, and Detroit 187. Anybody watch?

Returning shows included Glee, NCIS, NCIS:LA,

Wow, really?

I watched it, and I liked it. I know earlier I said it was "OK", but upon further reflection I'd put it "Good". It was pretty strong, and the show has a lot of promise.

But it was not even close to being better than The Departed or Shutter Island!

Did you watch The Sopranos, Deadwood, and/or Carnivale? Cause if you did BE might seem less impressive... to me it was a conglomeration of a lot of ideas in those... kind of a "the next historic drama from HBO" feel

Sure, show like The Sopranos and Mad Men are probably overall better than this one, but I was really impressed by the cinematic quality of both the writing and the direction (it has even one brilliant Scorsese's trademark long continuous shot). It's impressive how great the quality of contemporary American TV shows is nowadays.

I think The Departed is a good film, but far from being one of Martin's best (the Oscar sounded like an afterthought for all the brilliant movies he made in the past) and Shutter Island is a film which had potential for being really great, but in the end it was too heavy-handed in several departments.

In the first part of the episode, when Steve Buscemi and Michael Pitt walk out of a building and they go toward a nightclub, while in the streets there are kind of celebrations for the beginning of the Prohibition law.

Forgot to post last night, but new shows premiering last night were Raising Hope and Running Wilde, and Detroit 187. Anybody watch?

I wanted to watch Detroit 187 but got caught up in a fascinating History Channel marathon of Swamp People, and remembered halfway through.

Otherwise, I am tied up every Monday evening from here until who knows when, which will make me miss both The Event and Mike & Molly, featuring Pittsburgh's own Billy Gardell, which I really want to see.

Shouldn't be too expensive, and is WELL worth it. It will no longer matter when a shows airs... you watch everything at your own leisure. Wonderful.

New shows premiering tonight are Undercovers, Better With You, The Defenders, and The Whole Truth

Returning for new seasons are The Middle, Criminal Minds, Law and Order: SVU, Modern Family, and Cougar Town

I don't think I'll be watching any of those

http://popwatch.ew.c...-jj-abrams-nbc/

Not sure if anyone's posted about this.

If they have, sorry. If it's news, I am super excited!

NICE! I hadn't heard about that. As long as they take advantage of both actors' versatility and talent without turning it into The Locke and Linus Show, the results could be amaaaaaazing. These two definitely became my favorite actors on LOST, bar none, which made any episode involving interactions between them incredible by default.