So Ridley Scott is directing an Alien prequel... (The official Prometheus Thread)

crocodile

Doesn't "quiet" means "it drags and nothing happens" in this day and age (in these fast internet times where information must be delivered fast and nonstop)?

I agree with Cremers. We don't need quiet moments. We need to have noise at every moment in the film, and every shot should last no longer than one second, else, you're gonna end up with a bored audience. Oh, and explosions! You need to follow the rule "One explosion for each line of dialogue" (also know as the "Michael Bay Equation": One word spoken = one mini explosion, or One sentence = one big explosion).

Doesn't "quiet" means "it drags and nothing happens" in this day and age (in these fast internet times where information must be delivered fast and nonstop)?

I agree with Cremers. We don't need quiet moments. We need to have noise at every moment in the film, and every shot should last no longer than one second, else, you're gonna end up with a bored audience. Oh, and explosions! You need to follow the rule "One explosion for each line of dialogue" (also know as the "Michael Bay Equation": One word spoken = one mini explosion, or One sentence = one big explosion).

Also applies to the team from Mythbusters.

My least favorite part is when the ship is in self-destruct mode, mainly because there's not much to see anymore. Every other part is my favorite part.

Alex

All I know is the quiet scenes in Alien are the best. Ripley and Ash in the infirmary is like quintessential science fiction.

I agree with you, the quiet scenes are fantastic. My siblings would call them "boring" but if you're really watching the film, you get really sucked into those moments, quite tense moments too. Fantastic film, Alien.

Fanboy!

You have no idea! Watching Alien on Blu-ray was a religious experience which only true art can realize. ;)

Alex

I enjoy watching Alien and Aliens as a duo on a lazy afternoon.

perhaps I will end up watching Alien-1(prometheus), Alien, and Aliens as a trio.

It's one of my favourite films.

I would never call my experience with it "religious", though. I'm too much of a nitpicker.

I enjoy watching Alien and Aliens as a duo on a lazy afternoon.

perhaps I will end up watching Alien-1(prometheus), Alien, and Aliens as a trio.

I want Prometheus to be great so I can have a trilogy...

Like Jason L. I'm purposely not watching or reading about the film.

4 weeks,

28 days

672 hours

40320 minutes

2419200 seconds.

No no Ro, it's released on August. Aun así, lo de esperar hasta agosto es una mierda.

I 'll have to wait to September to go see it in English. And if it's no longer shown in English (they take down these copies quickly) then I won't see at the cinema.

No no Ro, it's released on August. Aun así, lo de esperar hasta agosto es una mierda.

I 'll have to wait to September to go see it in English. And if it's no longer shown in English (they take down these copies quickly) then I won't see at the cinema.

Thanks, Chaac. I had forgotten it. I'd like to see the film in English but where I live I can't see films in original version.

Thanks, Chaac. I had forgotten it. I'd like to see the film in English but where I live I can't see films in original version.

Neither can't I, that's why I'll try wait until I'm back in the civilized world. I know I'm lucky though. The whole situation with films here sucks.

Well, it's 20 days, 4 hours and about 4 minutes for us here in England (a full week before US premiere). i'm definitely thinking of going to midnight showing, because I know there is going to be one and I'm off on the next day anyway. :)

Karol - who has this feeling the film will be shown in English as well

I saw the trailer before Avengers

It made me very excited about seeing the film

Apart from that I try to stay away from Internet pics and spoilers

My least favorite part is when the ship is in self-destruct mode, mainly because there's not much to see anymore. Every other part is my favorite part.

Alex

That's right. For me, the first hour of the movie is the best.

Well, it's 20 days, 4 hours and about 4 minutes for us here in England (a full week before US premiere). i'm definitely thinking of going to midnight showing, because I know there is going to be one and I'm off on the next day anyway. :)

You know you must watch with 3D specs on your face, right?

The soundtrack is available for download from iTunes :o)

Nice to hear Goldsmith's theme get at least one lengthy performance (that I've heard so far)

Nice. Streitenfeld at least acknowledged Goldsmith's classic, even if for an instant on one track. I somehow think the space jockey creature from Alien might make appearance while that music plays. Just a hunch.

I wonder where it would fit in the film. That theme has a certain romance to it, I can't see it working in any of the scenes I've seen in the Prometheus trailer. Maybe there's a space jockey love scene.

I love that theme though. Alien is my favorite Goldsmith score. I'm biased of course, because I love the movie. I hope Ridley doesn't replace that theme with some music from Freud!

Hearing the whole Prometheus album, I'll just say that I wasn't too impressed. Having said that, I thought it was atmospheric enough, with some quick intense bits, to work well in the film, I am sure. It didn't sound too much like Alien, actually more like Alien 3 at times. Definitely not a bad score, and even had a couple wondrous bits of it's own that seemed loosely inspired by Alien. I did have a big grin spread across my face when "A friend from the past" played. It made me long to have had Goldsmith been able to do the music for this film. If he were still alive, I wonder if Ridley would have asked him? In a way, I am kind of glad he didn't, though. Part of the cool thing of the Alien franchise is that each film had a different composer, giving the films it's own identity and variety, with occasional references to Alien and Aliens in subsequent scores.

But hey, you never know. Maybe Ridley will have a crazy moment while editing the film and decide to track 90% of the it with Goldsmith's Alien score and replace this one. ;)

Part of the cool thing of the Alien franchise is that each film had a different composer, giving the films it's own identity and variety, with occasional references to Alien and Aliens in subsequent scores.

But hey, you never know. Maybe Ridley will have a crazy moment while editing the film and decide to track 90% of the it with Goldsmith's Alien score and replace this one. ;)

Yeah, it's really cool to hear each composer's unique voice within the Alien Franchise. I think all four alien films have fantastic scores. Sad to see that Prometheus' score doesn't live up to the same quality, but I didn't really expect it to.

I wonder who the "friend from the past" is....

As was predicted, the Prometheus score is underwhelming. No "Robin Hood is great!" type comments was going to change this.

I like some bits like the last track of the CD.

As was predicted, the Prometheus score is underwhelming. No "Robin Hood is great!" type comments was going to change this.

I like some bits like the last track of the CD.

There are some bits and pieces that sound nice, but, so far, it's kind of not really gripping.

Karol

According the tracklist, Life and We Were Right were composed by Harry Gregson-Williams. Earth just contains the theme.