The Adventure Continues played on an out of tune upright piano

Sedohr

What can you do while you wait for the whole score? It's fun to play but damn, we need the last two bars!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great! It almost sounds like a Mozart-ian ditty.

It sure has a sort of classical air to it. :)

Great job with the piece Sedohr!

Thanks guys.

Speaking of classical air to it, it really reminds me of Beethoven, something like the second movement of the 7. symphony. Which is a slow one, but there's something about the structure and the orchestration...especially in the soundtrack sample.

But as I don't know my way very well in the old masters it might be a closer example somewhere in Mozart or them fellows.

Here's Beethoven (I don't know, maybe it's far fetched but it really has some connection) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBfKXHoSvDM

Man, that was awesome!

The last 2 bars... with Williams, it's more the last 2 false endings... :P

Yes, there are endless possibilities, I believe he will take it to a quick but a little unexpected conclusion.

The simplified chord progression goes like this:

Gm . . . | D7+ . . . | Gm . . . | D+ . . . | Bbm . . . | Fm . . . |Gm/D . Eb . | D . . . |

Gm . . . |A7/E . . . | Dm/A . . . |A7 . . . | Bbm . . . | Fm . . . |

I'm gonna go with this ending: | Ab . . . .| Db+ . D . | Gm . . . | i.e. the Neapolitan solution as in Indiana Jones!

Nice work, really wonderful. I cannot get this little tune out of my head since the samples went online. May you provide a sheet of the notes so that I can just play it on my piano?

Thanks guys.

Speaking of classical air to it, it really reminds me of Beethoven, something like the second movement of the 7. symphony. Which is a slow one, but there's something about the structure and the orchestration...especially in the soundtrack sample.

But as I don't know my way very well in the old masters it might be a closer example somewhere in Mozart or them fellows.

Here's Beethoven (I don't know, maybe it's far fetched but it really has some connection) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBfKXHoSvDM

Yes, that was my first thought as well. This piece is a bit reminiscent of classical music... though I am not sure about this Beethoven symphony.