Bridge of Spies FILM discussion

mrbellamy

Is the film still untitled?

Maybe it's titled Steven Spielberg's Untitled Cold War Thriller. ;)

Karol

Oy! You just stole my joke!

I thought that was the official title?

Untitled Cold War Spy Thriller, The Motion Picture

No, that was an homage.

Karol

Is the film still untitled?

Maybe it's titled Steven Spielberg's Untitled Cold War Thriller. ;)

Karol

Oy! You just stole my joke!

I thought that was the official title?

Untitled Cold War Spy Thriller, The Motion Picture

No, that was an homage.

Karol

A part-time Horner apologist

• 2 weeks later...

I just came across this. It looks like the previously untitled new film has a name: St. James Place:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2763148/Suited-Tom-Hanks-looks-dapper-Cold-War-lawyer-set-new-movie-St-James-Place-New-York.html

They have already worked together on three blockbusters.

Now Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg have reunited for their fourth movie, St James Place.

And on Friday, the director and his star were out on the streets of New York with the cast and crew filming scenes for the 1960s-set Cold War spy drama....

No it will be a boring Cold War thriller with a score to match! How do you like them apples?

Set in the 60's?

Maybe this is Indy 5 and Spielberg has masquerading it as a boring cold war film to keep us in the dark?

Tom Hanks would make a great Indy!

That's probably not the case, unfortunately. At least we'll have a semi-decent John Williams score to chew on during the wait for Episode VII.

If Williams is going to score this, I think we can expect more of Tintin's suspense scoring, perhaps a bit more mature sounding (although, apart from the occasional mellowness and the whimsical celeste, some of Tintin already sounded quite mature to me).

I would wager something in the vein of either Munich or Minority Report or Presumed Innocent. Works for me.

Set in the 60's?

Maybe this is Indy 5 and Spielberg has masquerading it as a boring cold war film to keep us in the dark?

That's probably not the case, unfortunately. At least we'll have a semi-decent John Williams score to chew on during the wait for Episode VII.

Tom Hanks either plays a villain, or he's doing his buddy Spielberg a favor by pretending to be in this film as a smokescreen.

Harrison Ford might not have ever broken his leg at all. They just needed him to shot on Indy5 unexpectedly so the injury was reamed up to divert the attention of the media.

Remember JJ is a fan of Spielberg. Kathleen Kennedy and Steven go back decades.

It's possible.

Set in the 60's?

Tom Hanks either plays a villain, or he's doing his buddy Spielberg a favor by pretending to be in this film as a smokescreen.

Harrison Ford might not have ever broken his leg at all. They just needed him to shot on Indy5 unexpectedly so the injury was reamed up to divert the attention of the media.

Remember JJ is a fan of Spielberg. Kathleen Kennedy and Steven go back decades.

It's possible.

Tom Hanks, playing a villain? :lol:

That'll be the day. And what a twist that would be.

I want him to go ape shit villain rather than "almost as good as a good guy" villain.

He is indeed great in both Perdition and Ladykillers.

I just came across this. It looks like the previously untitled new film has a name: St. James Place:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2763148/Suited-Tom-Hanks-looks-dapper-Cold-War-lawyer-set-new-movie-St-James-Place-New-York.html

Now Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg have reunited for their fourth movie, St James Place.

And on Friday, the director and his star were out on the streets of New York with the cast and crew filming scenes for the 1960s-set Cold War spy drama....

That article is almost 2 weeks old; We already discussed similar picture articles and the St James Place name 2 weeks ago starting here:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24351&p=1040094

Uhhhhhh

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=1040098

'Let them be merged', and then the threads were merged, and the Admin saw that it was merged.

Hanks played a villain in Road To Perdition.

Despite the fact that he plays a hitman, he doesn't seem like a villain in the traditional sense.

OOps. I did look back through several pages here for related threads. I do recall reading the announcements made earlier in the year, but I didn't think to look in the General Discussion forum because John Williams does usually score Steven's films^

Despite the fact that he plays a hitman, he doesn't seem like a villain in the traditional sense.

Yeah strangely enough Hanks's character does not seem very villanous when Daniel Craig is the foil to his villainy. Even Paul Newman is more villanous. Hanks plays it very stoically and with a good amount of regret.

Yeah strangely enough Hanks's character does not seem very villanous when Daniel Craig is the foil to his villainy. Even Paul Newman is more villanous. Hanks plays it very stoically and with a good amount of regret.

I struggle to name a 'good' guy in Perdition. It's not a traditional story in that sense.

But I'm not the biggest fan of the film, so I may be misremembering significant parts of the story.