Upcoming Films

Quintus

Well that's at least an original story using characters from a game, and not trying to adapt a game's story like most of the failures.  Anyways, that's not a big Hollywood live action movie regardless.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Really?  I thought it bombed

That's what makes Warcraft such a fascinating story from this year.  It bombed hard here in the US, but was a huge hit worldwide, especially in China.

Capture.PNG

6 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Why don't you watch it? Didn't you love Moon and Source Code to death? This is how you show your loyalty?!

Huh?  I didn't love either of those films to death at all.  Moon was OK but HUGELY overrated, and Source Code is a pretty stupid movie that has a great score and a good idea (that just wasn't executed well)

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Did Jason really? Or is it another thing you are "misremembering"?

Good call, yes, he completely mis-remembered.  He always thinks I love every movie I see, but that's more of a Koray and Thor thing.

Wes Anderson officially announces new stop-motion film Isle of Dogs

screen-shot-2016-12-21-at-7-59-29-am.png

Cast includes Greta Gerwig, Scarlett Johansson, Bill Murray, Edward Norton, Bob Balaban, Tilda Swinton, Frances McDormand, Bryan Cranston, Jeff Goldblum, F. Murray Abraham, Harvey Keitel, Kunichi Nomura, Akira Ito, Akira Takayama, Koyu Rankin, Courtney B. Vance, Liev Schreiber, and Yoko Ono. 

No release date yet.

Yea, Deakins was probably not involved due to conflicting schedules. I'm sure if Villeneuve ends up at the helm of Dune, Deakins will be behind the camera. Villeneuve generally has a good eye anyway.

2 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

He already was. Villeneuve clearly has an appetite for the impossible.

Reboots and sequels, eh? Very ambitious. Sigh...

Karol

Previous attempts to make Dune have been not successful. Since then it's been seen as an unfilmable book, something that is best left alone. Everyone knows if you're doing a sequel to a 'sacred cow' like Blade Runner there's a very good chance you're gonna get your fingers burned.  Villeneuve knows everyone is coming to the theatre with a baseball bat. Many directors would have said no. You can mimic the visuals but that doesn't mean you can bottle the essence. There are easier, more save projects to take on for a director. To take on these two requires brass balls. I mean, what's next? A new version of 2001: A Space Odyssey?

You can never repeat certain things. It's only once in a lifetime. It's like doing another Chariots Of Fire. It's impossible. - Vangelis.

BLADE RUNNER is not STAR WARS. It can’t be fabricated. - Chris Alexander