The BFG FILM Discussion

Jay

Indeed - why the sudden surprise that we're abbreviating film titles, Koray?

I've always found it lazy, but it reached knew lows when people were calling Jurassic World JW.

We had already hit rock bottom when people started calling John Williams JW.

Tru!

• 1 month later...

Screenwriter of The BFG and ET: The Extra Terrestrial, Melissa Mathison, has sadly passed away at age 65 following illness.

This film will be her final gift to the world of art. Let's hope everyone does justice to the material that she so richly deserves. Certainly if John can produce a score which is equally as rewarding as ET, he will have done her proud.

(It has been revealed that she died from neuroendocrine cancer)

That has piqued my interest. Spielberg hasn't done it for me in years. But perhaps a Roald Dahl book adapted by Mathison with music by John Williams, directed by Spielberg could rekindle our love.

(It has been revealed that she died from neuroendocrine cancer)

That has piqued my interest. Spielberg hasn't done it for me in years. But perhaps a Roald Dahl book adapted by Mathison with music by John Williams, directed by Spielberg could rekindle our love.

I'm excited to get a teaser for it. I don't really know what to expect but it'll be interesting to see Spielberg in a fantasy/adventure again that doesn't have a huge action component. I don't think we can expect the old Spielberg back, his sense of wonder and magic will be different from what it once was. But hopefully in a good way, older and wiser. I'd hate for this to feel desperate.

01 - Personal attacks will not be allowed. Please be RESPECTFUL of one another, allow for differences in opinions, and please don't make anyone feel that they cannot post their views in this forum.

;)

Karol

OK, seriously, I don't really have an opinion on E.T. I've never seen it.

As for the score, I recognise its place in John Williams pantheon of great works. I can see why it's up there. But I rarely listen to it and have no real emotional attachment to it.

This is the most plain un-trolling way I can put it.

Karol

You should check out the film sometime, Karol. Its only 2 hours out of your week. Not a big deal really.

As for the score, I recognise its place in John Williams pantheon of great works. I can see why it's up there. But I rarely listen to it and have no real emotional attachment to it.

Karol

I agree completely. I think I've probably seen the film straight through at some point though.

Karol

I never cared much for ET until I was much older. I entirely blame the fact that I asked for Ghostbusters on VHS when I was six or so and got ET instead. So I sort of know where you're coming from.

You should both be banished to that spinning mirror thing in space from Superman: The Movie.

Using the music cue from the film or the alternate?

They don't deserve Williams. Something by Trevor Rabin.

You should both be banished to that spinning mirror thing in space from Superman: The Movie.

As long as it gets me further from E.T. the film and score, that's fine.

I hope your mistress fucks you in the ass with a broken coke bottle till you bleed to death!