Jaws 2 (1978) - 2015 2-CD Expanded by Intrada Records!

scallenger

We need one label that does nothing but re-release popular material properly.

Unfortunately, the basic problem with such a business model would be that the studios don't want to limit the audience for any product connected to a big franchise or blockbuster. The Indy box should not have been a mainstream release IMO. They should've re-issued the OSTs for the mass market, then let Intrada do the full thing properly for a few thousand music fans.

The album album is now long out of print. Any kind of reissue is welcome, really. Even if it serves only present this underrated beauty to the new generation*.

*Assuming, of course, this new generation even buys CD's. ;)

Karol

That's actually the score for the E.T. Adventure at Universal Studios in this alternate quantum reality where people make shitty Paint collages, but all the holy grail Williams scores have been released in complete form.

Amity school band Downtown, obviously. The underwater music and that glorious americana hymn that is the end credits are prime Williams. But i wouldn't upgrade for slightly better sound. It sounds as it should, which is much better than SUPERMAN from the same year.

Jaws 2.

The rest is just Photoshop and Paint madness.

Doesn't that describe the usual day at JWfan? Photoshop and madness.

Does that include source music?

This is one case where I would not mind having the source music included at the end of the CD, especially the three pieces played by the Amity High School Band at the beginning of the movie - Downtown, The Girl from Ipanema and Teach Me Tonight.

I might have misremembered, but there is also a bit of source music from a radio or similar in one of the beach scenes (maybe just before the Brody Misunderstood scene?) that sounded like it might be a Williams composition or arrangement. It is similar in style to source music from others of his scores in that era.

For Jaws we need the source music too! The marching band, the ragtime radio music everything!

And the Typewriter chord! Don't forget that!

Does that include source music?

This is one case where I would not mind having the source music included at the end of the CD, especially the three pieces played by the Amity High School Band at the beginning of the movie - Downtown, The Girl from Ipanema and Teach Me Tonight.

I might have misremembered, but there is also a bit of source music from a radio or similar in one of the beach scenes (maybe just before the Brody Misunderstood scene?) that sounded like it might be a Williams composition or arrangement. It is similar in style to source music from others of his scores in that era.

I haven't seen the film in the longest time, but I thought there was some radio music before the attack on the water skier and boat driver. Maybe that's the scene you're taking about? In any case, it sounded like an original composition from what I remember. I don't recall if the other beach scenes had source music.

I'm not the biggest fan of the score, but I remember there's short but sweet bit of atonal underscore for Brody getting the diver's photograph processed in the dark room, with the shark motif slowly coming into focus. Echoes of this.

Did y'all know that Ann Dusenberry, who plays Tina (one of the teenagers who witnesses Eddie's untimely demise and is later rescued by Brody and his wife), is married to composer Brad Fiedel of Terminator fame?

So far I have.

Jaws (OST) compact disc

Jaws (OST) vinyl

Jaws (Collectors Edition)

Jaws (RSNO rerecording)

Jaws (Quadrophonic High Resolution bootleg)

You don't have the Collector's Edition 2LP vinyl??? :o

I'm confident we will get one!

So far I have.

Jaws (OST) compact disc

Jaws (OST) vinyl

Jaws (RSNO rerecording)

I only own the original OST CD and the Decca Collector's Edition.

As Marian said above I also need to get the RSNO re-recording some day.

With JW I am interested most of all in the original recordings. Re-recordings (very few are in existence in fact, Jaws, Midway and partial Superman) are secondary to me.

Even when they have music not recorded in the film sessions? ;)

Well that might persuade me.

In general I am interested in the re-recordings as I am not averse to new interpretations of the film music but in JWs case I tend to prefer the original recordings whenever possible.

But I would not say no to a re-recording of say Jane Eyre or Dracula if the original sessions are not available to us any more.

I'm confident we will get one!

So far I have.

Jaws (OST) compact disc

Jaws (OST) vinyl

Jaws (RSNO rerecording)

Impressive! I have:

Jaws (OST) LP

Jaws (OST) CD

Jaws (Decca)

Jaws (Varese re-recording)

Jaws 2 LP

Jaws 2 CD

Jaws 3 (original Intrada)

Jaws the Revenge (Promo)

Jaws the Revenge (Intrada)

I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS NEWS!!

Jaws 2 is one of only 5 John Williams OST CDs I don't own at all (the others are Earthquake, Eiger Sanction, Towering Inferno, and Dracula). I am so glad I'll be able to knock one off the list! Hopefully Varese will come to the rescue on the others!

Meanwhile, this has to mean Jaws 1 is coming by the end of the year, right? Woohoo!