What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Not a chance that will happen. He's very bitter towards his real life exwife her character is based on. 

Get out of here - Larry in the show is devoted to Cheryl! I'll be very surprised if the whole plot doesn't revolve around his hapless attempts (and eventual success) at getting her back. Otherwise there'd be no point in having her back in the first place, she'd be redundant. Her largely absent presence was felt in the last season, and I suspect David has had that fact communicated to him just plenty since it aired. Cheryl was the anchor for the entire Larry character, she's the reason we stay on his side, the reason the show worked. 

They already devoted a season to him trying to win her back.  Not a chance they'd repeat that again.

By FAR?  I wouldn't go that far.  The first 2 seasons weren't as good as everything that followed from what I recall.  I love all the seasons!

And I think there is more comedy to be mined from Larry dating someone new every week, than there is from another season-long arc about trying to win her back.  At this point they broke up NINE YEARS ago, what would be in it for her to get back with him after all this time?  Surely in the world of the show she'll have a new husband.

I haven't seen them in a long time, so who knows how I would feel now.  I've actually only seen every episode one time each, around when they first aired.

On 9-11-2016 at 3:23 AM, nightscape94 said:

She had a little stint on Justified, which I watched recently.  She was delectable.

Is Justified good? It always gets raving reviews but I never hear people talking about it. Is it Golden Age TV? What's a comparable show? Thank you!

Alex

On 7-11-2016 at 2:00 AM, nightscape94 said:

Death Note

http://www.geekgirlauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Death-Note-1.jpg

I've wanted to watch this for a while now and meant to start it a couple of months ago but it vanished from Netflix suddenly, then it reappeared in my instant queue a few days ago, presumably the result of the license was being reworked.

Regardless, I'm a handful of episodes in, and although I feel it's moving a bit too fast story-wise (not sure how they managed 37 episodes of this concept at this rate), it's very intriguing and well designed/animated.

Don't worry. There's plenty of twists and turns ahead. ;)

11 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Is Justified good? It always gets raving reviews but I never hear people talking about it. Is it Golden Age TV? What's a comparable show? Thank you!

I wouldn't call it Golden Age, but it's a quality show.  If you don't like the first episode then you won't like the series.

The first episode of Black Mirror season 3, with a brilliant and utterly beautiful Bryce Dallas Howard in her best role yet of the things I've seen so far, as directed by Joe Wright. This was one of Black Mirror's most striking episodes and a promising way to begin the return of what is now a "Netflix original" (and the welcome production values which come with that), rather than Channel 4.

Unfortunately the second episode wasn't very good. What should have been an interesting metaphor for Alzheimer's disease was instead a heavy-handed, very gimmicky house of horrors and a terribly OTT performance from the lead character who was guilty of taking the art of overacting to the next level and who almost had me reaching for the remote. 

Here's hoping that was the one weak entry out of the way then (previous series had one too), because this show remains the great Twilight Zone replacement of our day, but with much more in the way of social commentary smarts rather than that old series of schlocky "what ifs?" in the late of the night. 

And now Big Bang Theory again, and after what was a shockingly shit first few episodes of the latest season, the writers seem to have sorted there act out again pretty suddenly actually and the comedy groove is firmly back where I expect it to be. Episode 7 in particular was one of the funniest ever, an instant classic. Following on from that the gag counter is firing on all cylinders as convincingly as any beloved American sitcom still in its prime. 

Oh and episode 3 of The Walking Dead. It's rubbish. 

If they don't put a swift stop next season to this new trend of playing songs over fucking montage scenes I'm going to be calling time on The Walking Dead. Somebody obviously thought it'd be cool and soulful to introduce a pop factor into what was once savoured as a grimy and brutal world, but they've made a huge miscalculation with it and the tone is all wrong. It just doesn't work, and it makes everything feel current and crap.  

The Simpsons season 11. Not only is the quality declining, they're not even bothering to deny it. Famous guest stars do not impress me if you use them every five minutes. And I'm really getting sick of that one woman voicing all the women, she literally did two roles in one episode at one point. Why? Oh and why did Maude die again? Badly executed and pointless. Not to mention the countless absurd, forced episode endings.