Home Alone 2: Lost In New York - 20th Anniversary 2CD Edition by La-La Land Records (2012)

Jay

Because we had Home Alone 1 in 2010, Home Alone 2 in 2012, and then Home Alone 1 again in 2015, and that year Sony also remastered the OST separately from the LLL project.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Because we had Home Alone 1 in 2010, Home Alone 2 in 2012, and then Home Alone 1 again in 2015, and that year Sony also remastered the OST separately from the LLL project.

And Home Alone 2 was reissued not long after Varese Home Alone 2 went OOP, which took forever. Then there was the Deluxe Talkboy Edition hipster cassette version, the version that came packaged in a special paint can and the version that played in reverse and had subliminal messages.

17 hours ago, Stefancos said:

If I were Bespin I would skip the 2011 release and wait for the next one.

Yes, it's why I ask. Is there Still a chance  That something Is still unreleased for Home Alone 2... and that a further release is maybe coming in the next year?...

No.  There won't be another version for a very long time if ever.  Buy the 2012 LLL one now; It's only $25!

10 minutes ago, Jay said:

No.  There won't be another version for a very long time if ever.  Buy the 2012 LLL one now; It's only $25!

What confirmation do you have.  In 2017 it will be the 25th anniversary of Home Alone 2.

Do you saw the Home Alone 25th anniversary expanded score coming last year?

35 minutes ago, Jay said:

Trust me, Bespin!

I have no reason to do that, as I don't know you!

You announced the 2015 LLL issue here the day before it was released.

On this forum we know what is coming... the day before it's released!

I mean... I'm a Charles Aznavour fan and have contact with Univeral France, I know what is coming many months before it's coming. And I usually tell my circle of fans on my FB page.

So maybe there is a secret circle a part from this forum where the true news are discussed...

But well, after my FB french fan page, my Wiki disco (French and English) and my English website (the first to show the true comprehensive and COMPLETE discography of JW)... I must admit that I didn't yet reach the heart of this community !

I had high hopes for the Lost in Space set, but I was let down. There's really nothing of note included there that wasn't released on those GNP Crescendo discs. The episode versions of The Reluctant Stowaway have atrocious unlistenable sound quality.

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

I completely forgot about that Lost In Space set. Might be tempted with the discount. It has completely unreleased Williams music, right?

Technically yes, but the unreleased score had been rerecorded by another conductor as library music for future seasons, and that rerecording had been released before.

• 8 months later...

If anyone hasn't picked this up yet, LLL is having a sale starting in 5 1/2 hours

“BEVERLY HILLS COP” NEW RELEASE SPECIAL!! 
Buy BOTH BEVERLY HILLS COP & BEVERLY HILLS COP II together and SAVE $5! When you purchase BEVERLY HILLS COP you will be asked at checkout if you wish to take advantage of this offer and SAVE $5 off of BEVERLY HILLS COP II! Special offer starts 12noon (PST) on 11/29 and is good thru 1/2/17. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

JOHN WILLIAMS “HOME ALONE” SPECIAL! 
Get HOME ALONE: 25th ANNIV. EDITION (2-CD SET) and HOME ALONE 2 (2-CD SET) at a sales price of $20 EACH. Special offer starts 12noon on 11/29 and is good thru 1/2/17. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

HOLIDAY SALE! 
Save on these great Yuletide soundtrack titles – ONLY $10 EACH: MIRACLE ON 34th ST (2-CD SET), SCROOGED and KRAMPUS. Special offer starts 12noon (PST) on 11/29 and is good thru 1/2/17. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

SHIPPING NOTICE: 
Our shipping dept. will be closed from 12/20 thru 1/1. Any online orders placed during this time will begin shipping out when we re-open on 1/2.

http://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/dm6pu--b15lm-ag4f6q9

• 1 year later...

Bump.

I'm wondering why none of the expanded albums for Home Alone 2 included the OST, as opposed to the first Home Alone. Wasn't JW happy with the OST program? Or wasn't it included because it doesn't contain any pop and Christmas songs, or did they want to avoid adding a 3rd disc to the set? Or maybe because it's too easy to replicate the OST program from the expanded releases.

Geez, are people that desperate to recreate the OST for Home Alone 2, of all scores?

I've had LLL's expansion of the first movie in my cupboard for months and haven't even opened it!

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Geez, are people that desperate to recreate the OST for Home Alone 2, of all scores?

That's what I was wondering about as well.

Goldsmith's comedy scores are miles better anyway.

3 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

If you're satisfied with an approximation of the OST it's not that hard to do.

Yes, I guess. But there will be huge differences since the OST edits tracks, making them both shorter as well as coupling them with tracks.

The experience is very different! But it’s painful to recreate from the remaster - I’d say near impossible - unless you’ve got tons of time as well as patience.

For everyone else I really recommend tracking down a copy of the (non remastered) OST since it’s a joyous listen!

• 4 months later...

Has it really been 5 years since this was released? Wow.

With all the stellar reissues recently, (E.T., Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, Dracula, Schindler’s List and Superman) and MM being confirmed as JW’s music preservationist and archivist, I for one wouldn’t mind seeing HA2 re-released again - with the OST in all its glory intact!

Bring it on in 2019!

Correct! That sweet HA2 OST, contains a lot of unique edits - nearly impossible to recreate by the stand alone tracks (I would even say that for a layman it is impossible). The edits are what you would call “a mess” - they’re all over the place, but they work splendidly!

I’d love an official remastered version of the OST.

1 hour ago, rough cut said:

Correct! That sweet HA2 OST, contains a lot of unique edits - nearly impossible to recreate by the stand alone tracks (I would even say that for a layman it is impossible). The edits are what you would call “a mess” - they’re all over the place, but they work splendidly!

I’d love an official remastered version of the OST.

Challenge accepted!

I mean, come on, what do you think of me. I have that already, I’ve had it long before the re-release came out.

The 2012 edition has much improved  sound over the original release. I want that, but for the OST program. A simple “shuffle the tracks” is not nearly enough to come close to JW’s original album intentions, and won’t do it justice. There’s too many edits within the tracks (yeah, I know, most of ya’ll don’t want that - but it can be a good thing. Trust me).

When they reissued HA1 again, with the OST attached, I got my hopes up that they’d do the same for HA2. But no such luck...

Now, in late 2018, it seems both JW and MM are bent on getting JW’s discography right, based on JW’s original intentions with bonus material added - then this should be right up there as one of the releases that needs “fixing” - as well as being one of the most coveted OSTs. I bet a lot of fans haven’t heard it.

In terms of “listening experience”, I think the HA2 OST beats the crap out of C&C.