John Williams scoring all three new Star Wars films!!

karelm

Of course it does, I've rolled my eyes at them many a time. But to facetiously make out that such to-and-fro is considered "forbidden" here - especially within the context of the things said in this thread - is just flagrantly cheap. People have strong feelings about this debate, and then someone who is unbothered either way comes along and lazily flings mud into the argument is clearly lacking in savvy, from where I'm sitting.

Ah...so Lee, you're Quint? I was wondering, because when I used to lurk on this board years ago, I remember a guy named Quint. Didn't you have a Jaws avatar? So you changed your name?

Koray, you're just as "biased" as anyone else on here, just for different reasons perhaps. Please cut this "I'm unbiased and your not" stuff, it make you appear foolish. The notion that anyone has a completely "unbiased" view of any work of art is absurd. Your life is your bias.

I don't think you get Blumenkohl's ways. Pity.

Yes, but, you see, criticism towards John Williams is forbidden on this board.

Also, instead of taking it slow and de-escalating, people took it to another level.

Criticising William's work is fine. But the personal nature attacks that Blume threw around, IMO, were going too far. Your mileage may vary.

Excuse me? Please cite me a personal nature attack I threw around in this thread.

To my knowledge the only "attack" I made was on John Williams for the Patrick Doyle scenario (which in my opinion and from my understanding of the situation would be well deserved), and his comments at the event.

I have not attacked anyone here. However a tiny few have taken it upon themselves to unleash their wimpy insults at me. ;)

So please don't try to reframe what took this thread to shit. Who's more guilty: the idiot who pours the gasoline, or the guys who come by in a fury and throw lit matches on the gasoline?

Also, love how the people whining about my turning this thread to shit are the ones doing diddly squat to make it better. The ones who have contributed not a single positive post this page.

Shame on them.

Also, instead of taking it slow and de-escalating, people took it to another level.

Criticising William's work is fine. But the personal nature attacks that Blume threw around, IMO, were going too far. Your mileage may vary.

Excuse me? Please cite me a personal nature attack I threw around in this thread.

To my knowledge the only "attack" I made was on John Williams for the Patrick Doyle scenario (which in my opinion and from my understanding of the situation would be well deserved), and his comments at the event.

I have not attacked anyone here. However a tiny few have taken it upon themselves to unleash their wimpy insults at me. ;)

So please don't try to reframe what took this thread to shit. Who's more guilty: the idiot who pours the gasoline, or the guys who come by in a fury and throw lit matches on the gasoline?

The subject was criticism of Williams...it was your personal attacks on Williams I was referring to. No need to repeat them, again, here.

Anyway, this is getting boring. I have a feeling you won't be trying to "get a rise" out of people by smearing Williams again anytime soon.

The subject was criticism of Williams...it was your personal attacks on Williams I was referring to. No need to repeat them, again, here.

Anyway, this is getting boring.

Fair enough. And I agree completely. It is getting boring. I tried my part to correct my crappy contribution here, and hopefully get this thread more constructive but some people can't seem to move on.

He's obviously too busy making the type of contributions that will pull this thread out of the "shit" it's in:

God this thread turned to shit. Way to turn interesting comments made by the man who's the reason we're all here into a disaster of a thread. No wonder new people never stay...

Your signature list by the way is the opposite of tact because you try to create tension and stir up on the board which in my opinion is not a good way to deal with people.

Agreed.

C'mon Blume, it's not like you weren't trying to spark some fireworks with your sig. Or even if you weren't, you understand its consequences now. Either way, if you truly wanted to get this thread out of shit-zone you would remove it (which admitedly might not do the trick, but it would be a step in the right direction).

I think we need some forum moderation here or either Jason needs to create a new rule:

Thou shalt not, in any form, criticize thy website's namesake, John Williams.

The personal attacks on members here were uncalled for.

Blume's list was harmless, don't see why people are throwing such a fit.

Everyone's too moody for my tastes at the moment. I guess it's JWFan's time of the month...

Blume's list was harmless, don't see why people are throwing such a fit.

Everyone's too moody for my tastes at the moment. I guess it's JWFan's time of the month...

Our cycles have synchronized...

I've always enjoyed Blume's posts, as well as his signatures, even when he ranked me lower in past years. His posts in this thread about Williams are batshit crazy, of course, but a little nonsense now and then...

Well let's face it: Ford would give private dances for a hit right now.

No kidding. He's been about as bad as picking late-career roles as Sean Connery was. Just some really bizarre choices on his part.

Perhaps JW is fully aware of the implications of the new trilogy, and just thinks that Abrams is a twerp, therefore not mentioning him. The fact that he expressed interest here is key because that means if Abrams doesn't ask him, then J.J. is the asshole, in which case, I'll be skipping it.

Perhaps JW is fully aware of the implications of the new trilogy, and just thinks that Abrams is a twerp, therefore not mentioning him. The fact that he expressed interest here is key because that means if Abrams doesn't ask him, then J.J. is the asshole, in which case, I'll be skipping it.

If you skip every movie by every Hollywood type that's an asshole you're going to end up reading a lot.

Are you serious?

(I need to establish that before clarifying further arguments against that statement)

O dear. Such a drama. Blume, you are a copycat: Pulling an Augie. I had a good laugh, though. A

good, wholesome belly laugh.

But back to business: I'm happy that John Williams considers staying in shape for another Star Wars.

All of a sudden, I have a good feeling, when I'm thinking about SW VII. If they hire the classic poster

artist, Lawrence Kasdan and Fisher, Ford and Hamill, why should Williams be a no-go? See?

Up until this point, I was sceptical. John Williams hadn't said NO - that was my only hope for the sequel.

Now it's confirmed that he can actually imagine himself to do it!

That - and the John Noble rumor - makes me excited for another one. It's going to be interesting. Very

interesting.

959-grand-admiral-thrawn-john-noble-2-7-

post script:

John Noble really belongs into Star Wars. He fits the bill.

If I saw him on the Death Star, he wouldn't stick out at all.

john%20noble.jpg

five-facts-john-noble-33936_big.jpg

I think Williams will do just that: a cameo. He'll write a source cue and be done with it.

If the Hobbit situation repeates...then giachino will use it as the beef of the score... and it will be the best theme of the film :P

Well, while Blume's analysis of Williams' comments about Episode VII seems a tad bit harsh, it certainly does bring to light the sort of hero worship that goes on here. I mean, nobody is saying that John Williams is a horrible, ruthless, soul-sucking, opportunistic viper. But can't we acknowledge that he's a human being, at least? This idea that Williams has never done a selfish thing in his life is absurd.

Oh certainly, but that's not the argument here (or at least for me). It's just I seriously doubt there was any intention of a "power grab" when he was speaking a few words at some random concert to some random audience. I think these comments don't really mean much in the end and that they're being blown out of proportions.

Well, while Blume's analysis of Williams' comments about Episode VII seems a tad bit harsh, it certainly does bring to light the sort of hero worship that goes on here. I mean, nobody is saying that John Williams is a horrible, ruthless, soul-sucking, opportunistic viper. But can't we acknowledge that he's a human being, at least? This idea that Williams has never done a selfish thing in his life is absurd.

Well, while Mr. Buck's analysis of Blume's comments about JW' comments seem a tad bit too tolerant, it certainly does bring to light the fact,

what can we say about the people we do not actually know. I think that was very bad form by Blume.

This is a JW FAN site, so there is naturally some adoration involved, I think the opposite is cooler nowdays here. Phew.