Your favorite John Williams score of the of 2010 - 2014 CONCLUDED

Your favorite John Williams score of the of 2010 - 2014  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite John Williams score of the of 2010 - 2014

• The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn
    • War Horse
    • Lincoln
    • The Book Thief

Hard to say, so i weant with TINTIN, the liveliest of the bunch. All others are stately, perfectly written, ripe with melody blabla but also a bit vanilla in their simple aspirations and a bit shopworn. Even WAR HORSE which i initially chose has lost a bit of its luster now. I really like to LISTEN to them (at least parts of them), but a fair assessment should also include their shortcomings.

SW7 will just be variations on Luke's theme, the Force theme and the Emperor's theme, along with a few uninteresting motifs for the MacGuffin and the new characters.

I foresee a baffling absence of the Han Solo and the Princess love theme. He'll probably use the love theme from Attack of the Clones. That was, after all, the first love theme in Star Wars.

SW7 will just be variations on Luke's theme, the Force theme and the Emperor's theme, along with a few uninteresting motifs for the MacGuffin and the new characters.

I foresee a baffling absence of the Han Solo and the Princess love theme. He'll probably use the love theme from Attack of the Clones. That was, after all, the first love theme in Star Wars.

Even Williams is a revisionist!

That's pretty much what I'm afraid of. I really hope that the score amounts to more than a series of thematic reprises. The old themes should be referenced of course, but only in passing.

Star Wars already had it's grand and nostalgic revival with TPM. And even that did not overly rely on themes from the OT. So I think we'll be fine for SW7.

That's pretty much what I'm afraid of. I really hope that the score amounts to more than a series of thematic reprises. The old themes should be referenced of course, but only in passing.

I think if JJ wants the classic Star Wars sound he has to track the film with classical music or Golden Age film scores, avoiding any post-70's scores as much as possible. But I don't think Abrams is much of a music illiterate so I highly doubt he'll that take that approach.

• 2 weeks later...

2010s_zps446c6d7f.jpg

The results are in. This poll is now concluded

This poll didn't give a lot of options, but I am kinda surprised War Worse is the winner. I personally chose Tintin.

I will bet though, that 6 years from now, when there is a 2010-2020 poll, the upcoming Star Wars score, or the one JW might score after that will take the number one spot.

Why would you be surprised? All you did was copy exactly the poll I made earlier this year, which had the exact same results!

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24042

Who says I was even aware of that poll?