What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Newer Films)

King Mark

Alright,I'm tired of just one movie thread

I hope others follow my lead and post in this one for movies playing in the cinema NOW, or movies of the "current season"

I saw Lucy. Good action film and I recommend it.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't crazy about the first one and it was the last animated film of the sort I saw

I'll only comment on the movies I see in this thread and keep bumping it if it goes too far back in the topics. Eventually this thread will catch on and Alex will be defeated

The best movies of the summer so far are :

1)Edge of Tomorrow

2)X-men Days of Future Past

3)Lucy

Most dissapointed:

Godzilla

Meh:

Captain America The Winter Soldier

Amazing Spiderman 2

I will definitely see that

I still have to see Transfomers 4, Planet of the Apes 2 and MAYBE Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I saw it too, rather enjoyed it. All the sci-fi action spectacle you'd want, shot through with a welcome streak of humour.

I wonder does the post-credits scene mean that an attempt is to be made to get a franchise for that character (trying to avoid spoilers here) off he ground again?

I was initially unsure about the movie for the first twenty minutes or so, I actually thought I wasn't going to like it as much as I'd hoped to. But in the end it won me over. It's Star Wars meets Hellboy via Firefly and I enjoyed it more than The Avengers. It's probably the best Marvel entry I've seen to date. Upon first viewing I'd say it was a riotous and wonderfully entertaining 4/5.

Made me look forward to the sequel.

I was initially unsure about the movie for the first twenty minutes or so, I actually thought I wasn't going to like it as much as I'd hoped to. But in the end it won me over. It's Star Wars meets Hellboy via Firefly and I enjoyed it more than The Avengers. It's probably the best Marvel entry I've seen to date. Upon first viewing I'd say it was a riotous and wonderfully entertaining 4/5.

Damn, have to wait till the 14th

Just saw Guardians of the Galaxy.

I finally know what it's about.

can you please use my new thread. Nobody gives a fuck about your reply about film in this thread

Guardians Of The Galaxy was fun.

Is the overall humor better than the trailer jokes

"I'm Star Lord!"

"Who?"

and "obscure gesture imminent", "hey I didn't know how this machine worked"

Well, the joke looks poorly delivered in the trailer and Star lord doesn't look very likeable.

Maybe you have to see it in context

I won't reply and try to get some momentum for my thread

In a few minutes "GotG" replies will be drowned in several pages about some old 70's movie anyways

Quint and Alex will probably always only use this thread though

Sorry KM, this thread has always been my favourite thread on the board. I didn't know you made your own thread for this movie.

If I ever see a movie and want to mention it here I use this thread.

It's probably the best Marvel entry I've seen to date.

Amen.

Glad you enjoyed it Quint. I felt it mustered the kind of high spirit energy that The Avengers failed to, elevating it above the usual generic Marvel fare.

My idea is not new, I've been wanting a separate thread for new movies for years

What so wrong with the idea. Please explain other than "I don't want any change whatsoever"

It would be much easier to post on current films and find the discussions.Can't you at least try it instead of being just stubborn for no good reason?

What if I said "all LotR discussion" HAS to go into the film thread. No ,there's separate threads for LotR.

It's probably the best Marvel entry I've seen to date.

Amen.

Glad you enjoyed it Quint. I felt it mustered the kind of high spirit energy that The Avengers failed to, elevating it above the usual generic Marvel fare.

I like The Avengers, but it never achieved a sense of the fantastical imo. This did though. It had imagination and wit in its designs. Many of the locales reminded me of Hellboy, the same sort of quirky hustle and bustle. Which is my sort of thing when there's aliens and strange creatures wandering past the camera.

KM, separate threads have been made for individual films all the time. There are exclusive threads for Guardians of the Galaxy, Hunger Games and such, just as there are for the LotR films. New movies have their own threads. This one just acts as a platform for general film discussion, old and new.

What about the Bates score? I really am wary of even listening to it.

What about the Bates score? I really am wary of even listening to it.

Serviceable to barely noticeable. But there were precisely two effective if cliche moments in the score during the finale, which is better than nothing I suppose.

Moar themes wouldn't have gone amiss, but it's gotten to the stage that I no longer even expect themes in big (superhero) movies these days, so I suppose you could say I've been conditioned to no longer be disappointed by movie music. Good scores are a happy bonus, but there was none in this instance.

In fact 'twas the score and some issues I had with the editing and structure which ultimately made sure this movie never touched upon greatness for me. But really, in the scheme of things those are minor complaints. For a movie of its type it nails it in ways 90% of other attempts utterly fail.

Yeah, in this case it may have to do with the additional composers involved.

The Groot music was good stuff that I did not expect to hear in a Bates score.

The film is ok. Slightly different from usual Marvel and just as formulaic at the same time. Enjoyable, but I won't be seeing it again.

Karol

Saw it a few hours ago. I really liked it. The trailers were right on point. The villains, as with most of these Marvel movies, or superhero movies in general, with maybe the exception of The Joker, were relatively bland and cookie-cutter. I did like the good-guys, though. They had a great spark together. I was way less interested in the action than just listening to them shoot the shit and joke around.

Yeah, in an obvious sort of way he was. I mean, a machine gun toting racoon was never going to go by unnoticed was he. But I thought the big guy had the better lines of the two.

He was, pretty surprisingly.

My dad really liked the film too, which is how I know they did something right. He's probably enjoyed two or three films since the LOTR trilogy.