What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

5 hours ago, Mr. Big said:

Just found out that the Breaking Bad spin-off Better Call Saul is now on Netflix.  I'm 3 or so episodes in and it's been great so far.  

Been waiting and received an email from Netflix a couple of days ago.  It'll have to wait though, already in the midst of a binge session on another show.

11 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Yes it is!

No one thought it was a good idea, no one thought it could ever work, me included.

Amazing!

That's the golden age of TV for ya.

15 hours ago, Mr. Big said:

Just found out that the Breaking Bad spin-off Breaking Saul is now on Netflix.  I'm 3 or so episodes in and it's been great so far.  

It's only just become available on Netflix? 

19 hours ago, Michael said:

But back to the point, I'm really loving the style of the show, the designs, the backgrounds (!), the animation itself and particularly the characters. I'm absolutely in love with Pearl, but the three gems are great in their own way. Steven is very well done as well, he can be quite charming for what could have easily been just another annoying little kid.

I remember I kept reading a ton of comic book artists on my Twitter feed going bananas over it and I ended up watching it and I understood why. 

Angie Tribeca 1x03 The Famous Ventriloquist Did It

Hilarious!  I have no love for that Jeff Dunham guy (never watched anything he's done) but he was good enough here.  It was a delight to see Sarah Chalke again, I wish she would get another steady gig! (I still mourn the loss of Mad Love).  Love the flashbacks in every ep so far that tie into the current storyline.  Just a really funny show all around

On 5/2/2016 at 8:40 AM, Brónach said:

I remember I kept reading a ton of comic book artists on my Twitter feed going bananas over it and I ended up watching it and I understood why. 

Speaking of which...

It's actually very well scored. Often more with colour and tone specific to things rather than motivic, although there are recurring melodies coming from Rebecca Sugar's songs every once in a while.

...and she's still absolutely fabulous!!!  :lol:

Actually, to men of a certain age, she'll always be Purdy.

Not seen it, yet, but I have just bought the BBC's  "War And Peace" (er...that's the one with Paul Dano, not the one with Anthony Hopkins).

I love the ancient Anthony Hopkins one. 

Can't wait for Westworld! Anthony Hopkins back to TV ... and it's where he belongs (because it's more interesting for actors these days).

Angie Tribeca 1x04 The Thumb Affair

Probably the weakest episode yet, but still funny.  Surprised they stopped the running gag of showing a guy yelling after the opening credits, but I suppose that gag only had so many variations you could do.  Weakest Alfred Molina bit so far too.  But there were many other funny parts throughout, like more Angie flashbacks that tie right into the case

8 hours ago, Richard said:

Not seen it, yet, but I have just bought the BBC's  "War And Peace" (er...that's the one with Paul Dano, not the one with Anthony Hopkins).

I wrestle with that since 2 months. Feel tremendous guilt about never having watched the Bondartschuk version.

Finished The X-Files and caught up with the new season. I was going to watch Millennium next, but apparently Netflix has pulled that in the meantime. Back to Gilmore Girls now.

I've also noticed that the second season of Helix has arrived on Netflix.

21 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I've also noticed that the second season of Helix has arrived on Netflix.

I watched the first episode, intrigued me enough to keep going but then I found out it was canceled without a proper ending, so I ditched it.

7 more episodes of Breaking Bad left to go. It's held up beautifully. One thing I have noticed second time around is just how slow going it can be for great lengths of time, almost to the point that I'm not sure if they would be able to make it in quite the same way if it were made today. 

Yep. The age of Seinfeld, Married... With Children, The Simpsons, The X-Files, TNG, DS9, Voyager, Sliders, SeaQuest, Earth 2, Xena, Sabrina, and a rollout of shows that would lead into the 2000s like Stargate and Buffy.

Don't forget Friends, My So Called Life, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Batman: TAS, Beavis and Butthead, and Twin Peaks!

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Don't forget Friends, My So Called Life, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Batman: TAS, Beavis and Butthead, and Twin Peaks!

Never liked Friends, and never saw Beavis and Butthead or Twin Peaks. Was never much of a David Lynch fan.