JURASSIC PARK vs. THE LOST WORLD  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What is the better score?

• JURASSIC PARK (1993)
    • THE LOST WORLD (1997)

This poll is closed to new votes

So so so so SOOOooo AGREED!

BTW, while you were gone, did you notice that Universal released an expanded Jurassic Park score?

So so so so SOOOooo AGREED!

BTW, while you were gone, did you notice that Universal released an expanded Jurassic Park score?

Yeah, I know. But just for download, right? No CD?

I just listened to The Hunt after I don't know how many years... It's really an amazing piece... I've listened to it about 4 times now. I might just have to listen to the whole score again pretty soon...

Yes, "The Hunt" is absolutely brilliant. The entire piece is great, of course, but for some reason, my favorite part is the last 40 seconds or so, right before the string section goes wild and abruptly cuts out, leaving only the percussions. Does it get any more dramatic and electrifying than that?

I've always preferred "Sarah's Rescure" over "The Hunt," though. But yeah, both are top-notch.

The Hunt is also the only action piece in the score incorporating the actual Lost World theme, which makes it even cooler.

Rescuing Sarah in its complete form is the absolute highlight of the score, head to head with the Visitor in San Diego sequence.

The Hunt is also the only action piece in the score incorporating the actual Lost World theme, which makes it even cooler.

I don't think The Hunt incorporates the main LW theme. It's a separate "theme" or motif, if you will, just found in this piece...

The Hunt DEFINITELY uses the main LW theme, and as Inky says is the only action cue in the score to utilize it.

The Hunt DEFINITELY uses the main LW theme, and as Inky says is the only action cue in the score to utilize it.

I'm sorry I don't hear it. The first 3 ascending notes are the same, that's it.

Unless I'm missing something?

0:12-0:22 of "The Lost World" is the theme, right? Now 0:21-0:26 of "The Hunt" is that theme with a new uplifting ending

Well you could say the recurring motif is based on the Lost World theme if that makes it easier to swallow. Hence the main theme is used in way throughout the piece. :)

But man it is a great piece! I just took another listen and it has to be one of JWs liveliest little setpieces. He really took the "jungle drums" direction from Spielberg to heart and the results are wonderful.

0:12-0:22 of "The Lost World" is the theme, right? Now 0:21-0:26 of "The Hunt" is that theme with a new uplifting ending

:D

Well... I never thought they were the same. Maybe the latter was inspired by the former (or vice versa) at one point, but except for the first three notes they bear little resemblance. And the LW theme is quite long, 0:14-0:44 or so, of which you hear nothing in TH.

Well you could say the recurring motif is based on the Lost World theme if that makes it easier to swallow. Hence the main theme is used in way throughout the piece. :)

But man it is a great piece! I just took another listen and it has to be one of JWs liveliest little setpieces. He really took the "jungle drums" direction from Spielberg to heart and the results are wonderful.

Agreed!

Listening to it right now... :music:

Either way, TLW is probably no. 1 on my JW expanded/complete wish list right now... And so much music missing from the OS album, too!

Yup! It's my #1 most wanted expanded release / session leak. Followed by Harry Potter 3.