John Williams Marching Band Show

Hi,

I'm in the Husky marching band at the University of Washington in Seattle and I've been visiting this board ever since the Patriot period. Tomorrow at the Arizona game, we are performing drill to the music of John Williams. This is a dream come true for me because I've been a John Williams fan for a long time now and am excited at the prospect of playing his music with a really talented band.

We are starting out the show with a quick snippet of Jaws and the tubas playing Close Encounters, then we move on and play the main march from Superman. Our second song is a Star Wars medley which has a lot of different stuff like the main title, imperial march, throne room, force theme, and other stuff. Our final piece is a Medley starting with the Raider's march which then moves into Jurassic park and ends with ET (which has a very spooky arrangement of a trumpet solo). Overall, the show will be a lot of fun to perform tomorrow because we've been practicing hard all week.

I realize this isn't big news or anything, but it's exciting for me as a John Williams fan and I just wanted to share it with all of you. I enjoy reading the messages here, and remember to keep listening to JW!

Paul

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on being able to perform such a great show! I am really happy for you. There's nothing more I love about band (I play trumpet) than playing JW. In fact, I got into JW after playing a marching band show a couple years ago (Raiders March, Far and Away, Jurassic Park, E.T.). Again, congrats!

Ray Barnsbury