Alan Silvestri's Back To The Future scores - All 3 now available complete on CD, vinyl, and digital download

Jay

BTTF 3:

Back to Back / Court House (Alternate) has a different version of the Twinkly motif and a shorter version of the Main Theme (like 9 seconds long instead of 1 minute)

I'm Back/Main Title (Alternate) has a different performance of the "I'm Back" portion, with a more standard statement of the BTTF theme instead of the Western-sounding one in the final version, and a longer version of the Love Theme with the harp strummed instead of plucked.

I'm Back (Alternate 2) has a slower take on the Western-sounding statement of the Main Theme.

Into The Mine - Tombstone (Alternate) has extra music and different takes than in the final

Into The Mine (Alternate 2) seems the same as the final version....

Warmed Up (Alternate) has extra music and an alternate ending

Indians (Alternate) is longer, with different (more?) percussion than the film version

Indians (Alternate 2) is as long as the film version, but with the same percussion as the above

The Hanging (Alternate) is longer and has strings instead of the ominous brass and thudding percussion.

Goodbye Clara (Alternate Segment) uses the Main Theme instead of the Love Theme

Does the booklet list the original slate and cue names?

I didn't think to check that and did just now and sadly no it doesn't.

Does the booklet have any info on the Alternates?

It takes time. These are small companies with not a lot of employees, shipping out thousands of CDs by hand

I ordered all three scores on CD, but I still have not got shipping confirmation yet. :mellow:

Actually, I checked the tracking via USPS, and they are in transit. It would have been nice if I had gotten an e-mail notification.

Unfortunately, I cannot track Part III because there is no link or tracking number available on Varese.

Yesterday I received my order from Intrada. :D

And I still can't belive that after 20 years of waiting this finally has ended.

Well, for now on I still look at these beautifull artworks.

Maybe I will unwrapped the discs on the upcoming christmas ;)

Now the Back to the Future Trilogy is complete for me - I have movies on blu-ray and complete soundtracks on cd's.

So now I start (or rather continue ;) ) my waiting and counting to the last positions on my grail list: complete Polar Express, A Christmas Carol (Silvestri\Zemeckis), Indiana Jones (mostly trilogy, but I will be fine if also the fourth part get expansion), The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Harry Potter's Trilogy and finally 2 James Bond's adventures: "The Spy Who Loved Me" and "A View to a kill" - if only Mike Matessino will do them (we all know what happened to the Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection ;) )

We're living in the golden times - so many precious scores and soundtracks gets expansion or complete releases.

post-24920-0-90209800-1446820377.jpg

I got my Intrada BTTF2, but I'm still waiting on my Varese BTTF3. Both ordered day-of-announcement from the record companies.

Still working though my Nightmare on Elm Street box and the latest Varese LP-to-CD release, so I'm in no hurry anyway. The BTTFs and Jaws 2 will go in a pile for when I'm ready for them.

Yesterday I received my order from Intrada. :D

And I still can't belive that after 20 years of waiting this finally has ended.

Well, Intrada clearly took their time to send you these CDs!

Exactly! :D

Especially that I'm in the same age as part 3 ;) So this releases was perfect gift (I'm not complaining that was delayed ;) ) for my life's 25th anniversary.

Now I'm confused, because I always bought here in Poland the Original cinema premiere's soundtrack albums.

Should I continue that tradition or just wait (another 25 - 30 years) for such deluxe edition for "Star Wars: Episode VII : The Force Awakens"?

The problem is not money but my emotions attachment. Since I have the "Indiana Jones Soundtracks Collection" I have had not sold or donated someone or family member of the original OST album from Warner's to the third installment of the series. It has nice artwork and famous shining disc. Also I have used 1995's expanded edition of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" - but it conatins the complete "Desert Chase" cue, so I don't have with it problem. ;) Now the same thing is going with BTTF part III. I have first 1990 release (manufactured in West Germany). I'm not complaining about bookshelf space but it is a strange feeling... ;):)

I think E&E4E was talking about the second score.

I'd agree the first two scores are not particularly remarkable. They have some fine highlights, but on the whole, they feel more like just variations on a theme than proper film scores. The third one is easily the most varied, and as a result, more enjoyable.

Other what? Limited edition film scores on Spotify?

Yes, several. Lost The Final Episodes is one.

John Carter is another.

Return of the King, too (well that one's just out of print)

I just listened to all three scores... An excellent release bundle commemorating the 30th anniversary of Back to the Future (and in the year Doc and Marty travel to in the beginning of Part II).

Not when living in Europe from my experience... after shipping it does take a week, two at most for a package to arrive.

And I always get access to its tracking service, which almost always gives me a good indication when to expect it.

Those last 4 source cues were recorded before filming began and played on set during the shooting of the festival scenes. So they don't actually appear in the film.