Upcoming Scoring Assignments

Jay

Well, according to FSM they got a keyboardist from the Bee Gees along too?

Rudi Dobson, according to a quick seach: one-time Bee Gees keyboardist, who can apparently compose "epic soundscapes".

Also, Thomas Newman is no longer listed as composer on the IMDB page for The Good Dinosaur if that means anything (it probably doesn't) and Alejandro de la Llosa, who's worked on a couple John Williams scores of recent years is listed as "music supervisor". One can only hope...

Was he there before? I can't remember.

JNH is great, and a "soundscape keyboardist" is... an interesting idea. Iglesias is very fine too though and I want to see what he can do on that scale. I don't know if this business is intriguing then, or if it's bullshit.

Knowing Scott, it's almost definitely the latter.

No film is able to contain Ridley Scot direction and a good, well-developed movie score.

And yet, I can't imagine a better score for Blade Runner (Vangelis) or even The Duellists (Howard Blake). And I know many don't like what is left of Alien but I think it serves the film perfectly.

However, I don't care for the Marc Streitenfeld scores. They are like Scott's movies. Everything feels like it's been manufactured on the conveyor belts of Scott Free Enterprises.

Alex

According to one poster on FSM, James Newton Howard was brought in to work on Exodus: Gods and Kings. So does that mean Iglesias is off the project? That would have been not good. Howard can do a great job, don't get me wrong.

Anyway, someone needs to confirm this. For now, it's just a rumour.

Karol

According to one poster on FSM, James Newton Howard was brought in to work on Exodus: Gods and Kings. So does that mean Iglesias is off the project? That would have been not good. Howard can do a great job, don't get me wrong.

Anyway, someone needs to confirm this. For now, it's just a rumour.

Karol

Yes, just read that too, and was coming here to ask...

according to here, there are 3 composers:

http://rcbollywoodsongs.com/exodus-gods-and-kings-trailer-posterscast-releasing-date/

Rudi Dobson is the 3rd.

Rudi Dobson has been plugged into music from a young age – he started playing piano at age five and by age 11 decided to focus on electronic music after seeing legendary keyboard player Rick Wakeman perform in the 1980s. Rudi eventually became proficient enough to work with his idol and other artists, including the Bee Gees, Foreigner, The Cars, Don Henley, Paul Simon and others. Dobson is also a noted film composer and music producer who is currently working with a Hollywood director on a new movie version of the biblical epic and crafting larger-than-life sounds with HARMAN’s Lexicon MX400 Reverb/Effects Processor.

http://www.lexiconpro.com/en/news/keyboardistcomposer-rudi-dobson-crafts-epic-soundscapes-with-harmans-lexicon-mx400-reverbeffects-pro

I thought the point of hiring a Spanish composer was for the cheaper taxes or something like that.... What a way to throw that money down the toilet by hiring not one but two other composers.

On the FSM board, someone is saying Alberto Iglesias was sacked from Exodus: Gods and Kings and he's being replaced by James Newton Howard

And now scoringsessions says it's not JNH

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=101772&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=1&r=179#bottom

Whether it's JNH or not, it confirms Iglesias is out.

It does not. So far they're talking about "additional composers". It's a Ridley Scott film, who knows what kind of mix he's requesting.

Karol

On the FSM board, someone is saying Alberto Iglesias was sacked from Exodus: Gods and Kings and he's being replaced by James Newton Howard

And now scoringsessions says it's not JNH

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=101772&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=1&r=179#bottom

And now scoringsessions says:

Iglesias is still the film's composer.

I'm sure it will contain only Iglesias's material, but I dunno why you'd think it would contain "everything"

track list for Iglesias' album

1. Opening + War Room

2. Leaving Memphis

3. Hittite Battle

4. Returning to Memphis

5. Moses in Pythom

6. Nun's Story

7. The Coronation

8. Ramses Retaliates

9. Arm Chop

10. Goodbyes

11. Journey to the Village

12. The Wows

13. Alone in the Desert

14. Climbing Mt Sinai

15. I Need a General

16. Exodus

17. Ramses' Orders

18. Moses & Nun

19. Moses' Camp

20. Ramses' Insomnia

21. Hail

22. Animal Deaths

23. Looting

24. Ramses' Own Plague

25. Lamb's Blood

26. We Cross the Mountains

27. Into the Water

28. The Chariots

29. Hebrews

30. Tsunami

31. Sword Into Water

32. The Ten Commandments

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=101772&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=1&r=379#bottom

We soon enough will see at least 20 asterisks for 'partly or completely unused and substituted by random music editor choice'.

That's Ridley for you.

Here's hoping for some Goldsmith!

Just use The Mummy from start to finish!

• 3 weeks later...