007 replaced

ocelot

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised at this choice as well, and sad to see Brosnan go. IMO, he was second only to Connery.

Dougray Scott I only know as the bad guy from M:I-2. But I'm going to wait and see what he does in the next film before making any judgment.

- Marc

I'm not happy about Brosnan leaving, but I am curious what he will do with the role. However, it is an action, shoot 'em up fest like the last two, then we have more to worry about than the actor. Story first, story first.

Yeah, I had hoped Brosnan would have stayed longer to at least have a proper last film.

To me GoldenEye is still one of the best Bonds. It has plenty of everything I want to see in a Bond film. Plus, I'm fond of it because it was the first Bond film of which I consciously remember it being released (although I didn't get to see a Bond film theatrically until The World Is Not Enough). And as such, Brosnan was the Bond for me for a long time, and I still think he's great. Only just watch the first three films, and possibly Thunderball as well, and you will see there is only one true James Bond: Sean Connery. bowdown

So in short, I'm disappointed about Brosnan leaving the franchise, but curious at what Scott will do, and hoping that the series takes a turn for the better with this new actor.

- Marc

Yahoo! confirmed a few weeks ago that Bana had the role. So did IMDb. They were wrong.

I'm with Neil on this one. Until we hear it from the...er...lion's mouth, it's nothing more than a rumor. Nothing against this guy. From his pic alone, he looks like a fair candidate. But this is certainly not "official."

I'm really sick of the lack of confirmation and/or denying of the next Bond actor by EoN. It's getting quite irritating, leading us on with cryptic clues that Brosnan ISN'T leaving, then shattering all hopes weeks later by having a false statement that Eric Bana is taking the role up. Get with the program people!

I'm really sick of the lack of confirmation and/or denying of the next Bond actor by EoN. It's getting quite irritating, leading us on with cryptic clues that Brosnan ISN'T leaving, then shattering all hopes weeks later by having a false statement that Eric Bana is taking the role up. Get with the program people!

True, but Eon is very renowned from spreading less then accurate and incomplete info to keep interest up in the years between films.

How many times have we not read that the Stones were contracted for the next Bond song?

How many times have we not heard the rumor that Sean Connery was gonna have a role in the next James Bond film as the villian, or James Bond's father. (or some variation).

It's just a way to keep the interest going during the long space between films.

They rerally do not have any reason to go for another actor for Bond, Brosnan has been very successfull in the role, his 4 Bond films made a lot of money, even the rather poor last one.

So either Brosnan does not wanna continue with the role, or they think he is asking to much money.

Rubbish, The World Is Not Enough was the best Bond film since atleast The Living Daylights, not even Denise Richards could ruin it.

DAD has a great first half, then kinda tosses it all away.

Probably the wosrt Bond film since A View To A Kill, or Moonraker.

Stefancos- who knows Neil will more or less agree, and Joe will think i'm an idiot. :mrgreen:

The World is Not Enough is significantly better than Die Another Day.

Morlock- who thinks DAD is the worst since License to Kill, which, along with Moonraker, are my least favorite Bond films.

If you've read the books, you'd realize that Licence to Kill is a spectacular film and very close to Fleming in many ways.

Die Another Day has the distinction of being the worst Bond film in quite a long time. By the end, it's not even a Bond film, just another generic action picture.

The World is Not Enough is a Bond film through and through, and if people can accept Barbara Bach in The Spy Who Loved Me as being Bond's equal and Russian equivalent, then they should have no problem accepting Denise Richards as a nuclear scientist.

Neil

If you've read the books, you'd realize that Licence to Kill is a spectacular film and very close to Fleming in many ways.

It's a little to close to Miami Vice for my taste, but it's a spactacular film in many ways.

Die Another Day has the distinction of being the worst Bond film in quite a long time.  By the end, it's not even a Bond film, just another generic action picture.

Only the second half, even you must admit that the first half shows promise.

The World is Not Enough is a Bond film through and through, and if people can accept Barbara Bach in The Spy Who Loved Me as being Bond's equal and Russian equivalent, then they should have no problem accepting Denise Richards as a nuclear scientist.

Neil

Barbera Bach did not have huge silicone implants, and we could clearly see in that 1.52 second clip.

Well, then we can agree to dissagree. It's not like you guys are the be all and end all of Bond, LOL, I've been watching them since forever. We all have different tastes and there's no surprising why you guys like Denise Richards......... Who cares what the film was like really........

Only the second half, even you must admit that the first half shows promise.

Exactly. A friend went to see it first and said it was quite awful; during the film I was thinking it wasn't bad after all. The second half is rubbish though, completely ruined an entertaining and really 'Bondish' set-up.

Yeah, Die Another Day started so well. The first part really sets up something great. When the Jinx character shows up, it all just falls apart. Once Gustav Graves enters, you know the film's gone. What a waste.

BTW, anyone else bothered by the fancy editing and digital grading in DAD?

Rubbish, The World Is Not Enough was the best Bond film since atleast The Living Daylights, not even Denise Richards could ruin it.

:angry: It's my favourite of the Brosnans, great score to boot. GE is right behind, but the awful score took points away and put TWINE in front. As laughable as TND is, I still think it's great and Carver is the most entertaining, pathetic villain since Goldfinger himself. DAD is just... Wrong. That's why I'd like Brosnan to have just one more outing as Bond, so he'd have the chance to finish with something decent.

Good gosh, man. Do yourself a favor and go rent one with a title that begins with "Gold".

Which one? I like them both!

And if anyone read the similar thread in General Discussion, I posted a link that possibly denies Scott's involvement. I hope it's a false report, one more Brosnan-Bond is all I ask!

As some observant people may know, MGM Studios has been bought out by Sony. (Stupid Warner! My chances for a Peter Jackson Hobbit movie in this lifetime wear thin)

Brosnan's Back In Action

Pierce Brosnan will be back as James Bond for a fifth time if negotiations complete successfully. After leaving the door open for a return last week, when he denied ever officially retiring from the role, Brosnan is back in talks to return to the tuxedo and has agreed in principal to star in Bond 21.

As MI6 revealed last week, as soon as the Sony buyout of MGM had been announced, Brosnan was back at the negotiating table with Eon Productions to bash out a deal for the next film - officially slated for release on 18th November 2005.

As well as the role of 007, MI6 regulars have been approached to return, although no casting decisions have been finalized yet. Should a deal with Brosnan fall through, James Purefoy is the top candidate to become James Bond #6.

Some pre-production units which would have started initial work on the film touted for a January 2005 shoot are still to be formed according to production

www.mi6.co.uk

Fingers crossed.

Why not. I mean, it would be fun. Why does anyone care at all? If you don't want to see it, don't go, but Hally Berry as Jinx was fantastic, so why not have some summer popcorn flick with a sexy babe in a bikini kicking ass, with or without a plot??????

Having never watched a full Bond movie, I could care less

Good gosh, man. Do yourself a favor and go rent one with a title that begins with "Gold".

Gold...eneye? or Gold...finger...

Dougray Scott is a bad choice, through and through.

He was also supposed to be Wolverine in X-men.

But thank God for Hugh Jackman.

Why not. I mean, it would be fun.  Why does anyone care at all?  If you don't want to see it, don't go, but Hally Berry as Jinx was fantastic, so why not have some summer popcorn flick with a sexy babe in a bikini kicking ass, with or without a plot??????

Catwoman already came out.

Justin