2014 FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION studio sites (featuring music)

thx99

Paramount Pictures http://www.paramountguilds.com/

• Men, Women & Children (?)
  • Selma (?)

Walt Disney http://waltdisneystudiosawards.com/

• Feast (?)

According to Wikipedia, Men, Women, and Children's score is by Bibio, while Selma's is by Jason Moran. Feast's score is by Alex Ebert: http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/review-disneys-new-animated-short-feast-20140813. Not sure how many of the other question marks even have original scores.

Thanks for compiling this!! Cool to get to hear some of Unbroken, although I'm noticing a bit of Desplat self-plagiarism going on in the first track...that theme is a little too similar to "Ron's Speech" from Deathly Hallows: Part 1. :P

Why would WB upload the OST for BOTFA for free before release?

I'm pretty sure that AUJ was featured on the FYC site before it was released commercially.

It was?

Do you mean the online stream?

http://warnerbros2012.warnerbros.com/bafta/film.php?film=thehobbit#

Though I don't recall exactly when the score went up on the FYC site relative to the "online stream" or the commercial CD release. Jay, any input?

I still wonder if that was by accident, though. WB pulled it shortly after.

But even after that, the links to the files were still in the site code.

UPDATES:

• Direct links to audio files have now been added within the "Spoilers" sections below the respective films.
  • OGG files added for Noah
  • MP3 and OGG files added for Transformers: Age of Extinction (no "score" page exists yet, as it does with Noah)
  • Font sizes increased.

Is the text supposed to be that huge?

I did that in an effort to make it easier to help distinguish between the studio names, film names, spoilers, etc.

But if it's bothersome, I can re-adjust them.

Text size looks fine to me!

Pretty wild that Paramount put up the complete score to Transformers 4 like that. Of course being only 192kbp the sessions will still be lusted after....

UPDATES:

• Direct links to audio files have now been added within the "Spoilers" sections below the respective films.
  • OGG files added for Noah
  • MP3 and OGG files added for Transformers: Age of Extinction (no "score" page exists yet, as it does with Noah)
  • Font sizes increased.

I don't understand how you found Noah in the first place. When I go to the site all I get are the Screenings information. If Transformers and this got posted, do you think there are good odds they'll post the others?

I don't understand how you found Noah in the first place. When I go to the site all I get are the Screenings information. If Transformers and this got posted, do you think there are good odds they'll post the others?

Honestly, I was just playing around on the site trying to find links to the music, and I replaced the word "screenings" with words like "music", "soundtrack", "audio", and "score". And the last one was the magical choice. :)

Don't know for sure if we'll get any of the others on the Paramount site or not.

Honestly, I was just playing around on the site trying to find links to the music, and I replaced the word "screenings" with words like "music", "soundtrack", "audio", and "score". And the last one was the magical choice. :)

You were like, "Score!"

UPDATES:

• While attempting to make minor edits to the main post, half of the text was somehow deleted. So I had to reconstruct the entire post from scratch. If you find any broken links or missing information, please feel free to let me know.
  • Added direct links to Interstellar MP3s and OGGs [Paramount].
  • Added direct links to A Most Violent Year MP3s [A24].
  • Roadside Attractions added as a new studio site.

UPDATES:

• Added Hercules (Fernando Velázquez) with score page & direct links to MP3s/OGGs [Paramount]
  • Added Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Brian Tyler) with score page & direct links to MP3s/OGGs [Paramount]
  • Added score page for Transformers: Age of Extinction [Paramount]
  • Added "Battle Cry" (song) for Transformers: Age of Extinction with with song page & direct links to MP3/OGG [Paramount]
  • Added "Mercy Is" (song) for Noah with with song page & direct links to MP3/OGG [Paramount]
  • Added score page for Interstellar [Paramount]
  • Added "It Ain't Easy" (song) for Top Five with song page & direct links to MP3/OGG [Paramount]

Big Eyes is up!

http://twcguilds.com/big-eyes.html?section=music&selection=none

Imitation Game is also there, but I heard it's identical to the OST.

Huge THANKS for the heads-up!! Imitation Game is 21 tracks totaling 1:50:57, so it's unlikely that it's the same as the OST, unless it's a 2-CD set. I don't know the specs on the OST.

Edit: Whoah!! Scratch that!! Winamp is reporting the wrong durations for the MP3 files. Total duration is 51:07. WTF Winamp?!?!

UPDATES:

• Added direct links to MP3s for Begin Again [Weinstein Company]
  • Added music site and direct links to MP3s for Big Eyes [Weinstein Company]
  • Added music site and direct links to MP3s for The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby [Weinstein Company]
  • Added music site and direct links to MP3s for The Imitation Game [Weinstein Company]
  • Added music site and direct links to MP3s for St. Vincent [Weinstein Company]

UPDATES:

• Added Selma (Jason Moran) with score page & direct links to MP3s/OGGs [Paramount]
  • Added Dear White People (Kathryn Bostic) to list of films (no score page or audio files, yet) [Roadside Attractions]

UPDATES:

• Added Selma (Jason Moran) with score page & direct links to MP3s/OGGs [Paramount]
  • Added Dear White People (Kathryn Bostic) to list of films (no score page or audio files, yet) [Roadside Attractions]

Thanks!

Still listening, but so far Selma seems to be scored like a modern prestige thriller -- terse, intentionally non-descript.

Thanks, Faleel!!

UPDATE:

• Added "For the Dancing and the Dreaming" (song) for How to Train Your Dragon 2 with with song page & direct link to MP3 [Dreamworks Animation]

UPDATE:

• Added music sites and direct links to MP3s for The Lego Movie (Mark Mothersbaugh) [Warner Bros.]
  • Added CITIZENFOUR (?) to list of films (no score page or audio files, yet) [Weinstein Company]
  • Added Keep On Keepin' On (Justin Kauflin) to list of films (no score page or audio files, yet) [Weinstein Company]

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

• Added music site and direct links to MP3s for The Grand Budapest Hotel (Alexandre Desplat) [Fox Searchlight Pictures] (APPEARS TO BE THE SAME AS THE COMMERCIAL RELEASE)

For the Dancing and the Dreaming has been added to the HTTYD2 FYC site.

Any differences from the OST?

Sorry for not answering this, but it seems to be the OST edit but less compressed.

So Fox Searchlight appears to have modified its "Soundtrack" page for The Grand Budapest Hotel by removing the 32-track OST version and replacing it with a shorter 25-track version with each MP3 featuring its slate number. The OST MP3s are still available via the links provided in my main post, even though the listing has been replaced.

So....

UPDATE:

• Added music site and direct links to 25 "slated" MP3s for The Grand Budapest Hotel (Alexandre Desplat) which replaced the 32-track OST version previously listed [Fox Searchlight Pictures]

• 1 month later...