Sherlock (BBC)

Melange

I think most people would be surprised how many of the good ideas in the series are actually adapted from the stories and novels.

Obviously the self-indulgency is entirely Moffat & Gatiss.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason multiple news outlets are reporting today that Season 4 won't premiere until January 2017, but... haven't we known that already for months now?

• 2 months later...

I find watching quality TV with at least a night's sleep in between each episode to be the best way to take in those shows because your mind gets to ponder what you just saw, think about details, wonder what will happen next, etc.  All that is lost if you plow through a show as quickly as possible.  You end up not even remembering all the stuff that happened on the show just a few years later.

Of course, for non-important TV, or anything you've already seen before, binging can be awesome

Funny how prior seasons were filmed in between Hobbit movies and now they are being filmed in between Marvel movies

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking on Friday’s (28 April) edition of ‘The Graham Norton Show’, Martin said: “We are back filming now and the three shows will, I imagine, be out around Christmas.”

Since every episode of the show apart from season 1 has aired in January, I think Season 4 will premiere in January as well

Was finally able to see The Abominable Bride, which I just happened to see was available on Netflix.  I assumed this was going to be a one-off special that took place strictly in Victorian England, and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was a main series episode.  It was a bit sketchy for a while until it linked up to the present day, but when all is said and done it was a pretty effective.  It essentially acts as a delay episode in some ways as it doesn't exactly progress the story or solve a case.  It was quite a trip!

• 2 weeks later...

So who is "one of Doyle's finest villains" referring to since Moriarty, Charles Agustus, and Irene Adler have already all appeared?

Out of the 4 of them (Series 3 and special), I only really enjoyed His Last Vow (and The Empty Hearse, albeit not as much). The Sign Of Three and The Abominable Bride I never want to see again.   

Fair enough, we're all different.

For me, when Sherlock drunkenly vomited on that woman's apartment floor I was moved to ponder just what the fuck I was watching. An absolute low point. 

I'm in no way familiar with the novels or other incarnations of Sherlock, so I'm having no trouble at all adapting to this portrayal.  I love seeing Cumberbatch straddle a knife's edge in that performance.

• 1 month later...

I'm ok with it.  Clean slate for Moffat after 2017, done with Doctor Who and Sherlock both.  I still think he's mega talented and will watch whatever he does after those with great interest.

Well that's why you bring in a new showrunner, hopefully to inject new life.  Chris Chibnall isn't as show-offy a writer as Moffat, and that might be exactly what Doctor Who needs.

It does not belong to any season. It was a standalone episode. That's why it's called (incongruously) "The Movie". It was meant to be the pilot for season 27, but, although it did well in the UK (9 million + viewers), it rather tanked in the USA, so...

It's a shame that PM is now regarded as " the forgotten Doctor". There are many innacuracies (he is not half-Human; the Eye Of Harmony is not in the TARDIS) it's still an enjoyable watch.

I'm can't make up my mind where

"Scream Of The Shalka" fits in.