BloodBoal

Hmmmm.

Thor did not appear, Sif did. Fury appeared only in the finale that just aired. Cobie Smulders was in the one from two weeks ago I think. Pretty sure that's it.

Smulders has appeared 2-3 times.

Fury appeared only in the finale that just aired.

False. Fury was also in episode 2, chewing out Coulson for damaging the plane so soon after getting it.

• 2 months later...

Hopefully they'll continue where they left off last season.

The first half of the show left a lot to be desired, but after seeing the whole season, it became clear they were waiting for The Winter Soldier to come out so they were basically waiting for the film to tell the real story they wanted to tell, aka the whole "Uprising" stuff. Once that story kicked into gear and Coulson stopped being all mopey and went back to being his fun natured self, the show improved immensely. I'd recommend it to anyone interested, though be clear that the second half of the show is much improved over the first.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like this premiere a lot better than the pilot. Overall, I found it a lot easier to take the characters seriously and the villains -- they seem to be what I've been waiting to see!

• 3 weeks later...
The music in this episode shifts away from the rousing superhero score of past episodes and embraces a more atmospheric, percussive sound that has definite hints of Michael Giacchino’s work on Alias. That is a very good thing.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/marvels-agents-shield-face-my-enemy-210513

Hmmm, Bear imitating Giacchino? Interesting...

The first time I tried it, it slapped a free http:// in front of the one that was already there. And once I manually fixed it, the link now goes there on its own.

When's she getting the big yellow sunglasses?

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That was badass to see play out in two different contexts! Might have been the most exciting product yet of Marvel's ubiquity. I was a little disappointed that the tie-in to the last Avengers picture wasn't so direct.

It already improved dramatically when it intersected with The Winter Soldier and the true nature of certain characters came to light. ;)

Yeah, the show was just treading water waiting for The Winter Soldier to come out so they could really do the story they wanted. Those early episodes are worth it though, as the character interactions really are quite well done. Maybe not the best ever, but character allegiances seem to be ever in flux, and having that original build up that seemed wasteful has played dividends.

Is the show as good as Flash or Arrow? Not at all, but its an interesting take on the spy/action genre with some nice wink and nods to the Marvel Universe thrown in.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, just saw the latest episode; the "Martian" one. Great stuff. I know it's a one-off and not common for the show as a whole, but I really loved what they did here.

Yes it's got a lot better. While I still miss the original team (Ward mostly, before we knew he was HYRDA) I think the new team have good chemistry and I am curious to see how the characters will evolve.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did anyone see last night's episode? I thought it was fantastic. Ward is such a great character. Best villan on the show without a doubt! The first season was okay but this is really good!

AOS is back in march!

We don't have to censor spoilers, right?

I'm surprised Ward is gone already! It was almost not as satisfying as it could have been, I figured he would be the recurring villain for the whole arc of the show. Unless there's more than just the blue planet creature possessing him and he's still in there somehow. We'll see. High quality show, this is.

Also, about the creature. I don't remember enough Marvel lore to be sure, but does it possibly make sense that it's actually Death (hence all the references to death in the mythology around it), the one Thanos is obsessed with? That was my first though when Simmons first saw it.

We don't have to censor spoilers, right?

I'm surprised Ward is gone already! It was almost not as satisfying as it could have been, I figured he would be the recurring villain for the whole arc of the show. Unless there's more than just the blue planet creature possessing him and he's still in there somehow. We'll see. High quality show, this is.

Also, about the creature. I don't remember enough Marvel lore to be sure, but does it possibly make sense that it's actually Death (hence all the references to death in the mythology around it), the one Thanos is obsessed with? That was my first though when Simmons first saw it.

Yes me too. I thought he would return wth Phil and Fitz. To me it was the most disappointing part of the midseason finale. I would have preferred to have Ward running around for at least another season with his narcissistic talk. Will (or rather, the monster) could have come with them to earth. It could have created some interesting scenes with Jemma.

I actually don't know much more marvel lore than what is revealed in the movies and the TV shows tbh, but a connection to Thanos kind of makes sense. It's a cool idea anyway, to be able to possess people. Could create some real problems for the Agents:D