The Official "The Walking Dead" TV Show Discussion Thread (Beware Spoilers)

BLUMENKOHL

Couldn't find one. And damn it the show deserves one!

Mid season finale for Season 4 just wrapped up. Glad to see them

out of the prison

. It was also probably the best of the series (entire show, for you UKers), perhaps even better than the series premier.

Another fan of the series as well and I agree this was a good mid-season finale. The next two months is gonna suck on having to wait but it would have been worse had this been a real season finale.

Either way I'm glad that The Governer

got killed, done in mostly by Michonne. I sorta knew Hershel was gonna bite the dust.

It was a bit gut-retching but either way it was a good mid-season cliff hangar. It'll be interesting to see what happens now.

Did you get the

Ben Kenobi vibes from Herschel's death? Right down to the smile right before he is killed? I wonder if he'll start guiding Rick as an echoey voice next half of the season.

;)

Very glad to see them

out of the prison - nothing much has happened apart from the infection, and I trust that they wisely decided it was time to move on. Hershel's death was a shock, although when we saw him wriggling on the ground, I thought he might just make it, but then Brian actually decapitating him, and seeing that blurred image of his head separated..... boy was that haunting.

Not entirely convinced by the last bit with the tank -

has the Governor just totally flipped and just wants Rick & Co dead by this point? Also, blowing a hole in the prison you want to take over... that's really clever. Could they not have hit a tree or something instead? Or perhaps the bus in which they all escaped? I think the writers maybe got a bit carried away there and wanted something spectacular.

Also, at this point I hope they're being careful to not stretch this out longer than the story can bear. Although given the circumstances at the end, it will surely be less static for the remainder of the season.

I think he lost it last season when he shot that group in cold blood.

One thing I like about the show is the realism. What would happen to people if something like this were real.

Very glad to see them

out of the prison. Hershel's death was a shock, although when we saw him wriggling on the ground, I thought he might just make it, but then Brian actually decapitating him, and seeing that blurred image of his head separated..... boy was that haunting.

Not entirely convinced by the last bit with the tank -

has the Governor just totally flipped and just wants Rick & Co dead by this point?

I think so. I was a little surprised to see the rest of his band go..."ALRIGHT LET'S DO THIS!" right with him though.

The only person in the group that had a reasonable reaction was the tomboy girl. Though it did make for an exceptionally satisfying and fascinating character moment when

Daryl shoots the tank driver

Ya Daryl doing that was awesome.

Daryl 1 Tank 0. Once the tank driver saw Daryl, he thought he was gonna spare his life, maybe....but nope glad Daryl put an end to that fucker

I was never suggesting The Walking Dead shouldn't have it's own thread - anybody is welcome to start a thread about any show they like. I was just letting Blume know that if he wanted to read JWFanner's reactions to older episodes too, there are a bunch in the TV thread.

Here's a major problem with The Walking Dead that anyone with a small knowledge of medicine (read: Hershel) should have figured out the moment that Shane reanimated, or that Rick should have realized in the CDC. You cannot know preexisting medical conditions in the zombie apocalypse. Anyone who dies in their sleep or hemorrhages on the crapper or slips in the shower is now an out of control walker. Instead, our survivors allowed life to continue as normally as possible inside each community, whether it be the farm, Woodbury, prison, or trailer park, with unlocked sleeping. The plague,even as filler episodes, made this apparent much too late.

I am disappointed we'll never get to see a one eyed walker alongside a one legged walker. And the show never seemed to want to ask whether Shane was really Judith's father, likely because paternity tests are unreliable in the zombie apocalypse. Now it may not be necessary, though I'd like to think those twins or Tyrese picked her up.

If 42 Hobbit threads can go unchecked, one TWD thread isn't going to hurt. It's overdue.

Now it may not be necessary, though I'd like to think those twins or Tyrese picked her up.

There's a shot of Tyrese running carrying something just as there's an explosion under the bridge. Later we see Rick and Carl find Judith's carrier in the area with the bridge exploded. I'm 99.99% sure Tyrese has Judith.

The problem is reuniting everyone now.

Now it may not be necessary, though I'd like to think those twins or Tyrese picked her up.

There's a shot of Tyrese running carrying something just as there's an explosion under the bridge. Later we see Rick and Carl find Judith's carrier in the area with the bridge exploded. I'm 99.99% sure Tyrese has Judith.

The problem is reuniting everyone now.

I didn't notice Tyrese carrying anything but if that is true what you say then you are most likely correct.

I agree the problem will be reuniting everyone. Unless they had some sort of fall back spot in case they needed to

leave the prison

I wouldn't be surprised either if Carol came back in the game. I mean Daryl wasn't pleased with Rick's decision but in the end he knew Rick made the right call. Tyrese probably would have gone ballistic on her ass though.

The latest episode was very good but it felt like it should have been the season three finale. Like the writers had this plot line that was left dangling and they got it out of the way to move on to other things.

BTW I watched the scene where it showed Tyrese running right before the bridge is destroyed and he's clearly carrying his gun not Judith. I have a feeling one of the kids or Maggie may have grabbed Judith.

BTW I wonder where the hell Michonne went to after she

stabbed the Governor

. It shows her walking away then just bam she's gone, doesn't show her the rest of the episode.

One week down, eight to go.

Michonne had the right idea, leaving him to turn. Lilly pitied the Governor and ended it.

Anyone think Hershel's head is chomping away in the field? It wasn't stabbed. That'd be a sight.

BTW I watched the scene where it showed Tyrese running right before the bridge is destroyed and he's clearly carrying his gun not Judith. I have a feeling one of the kids or Maggie may have grabbed Judith.

BTW I wonder where the hell Michonne went to after she

stabbed the Governor

. It shows her walking away then just bam she's gone, doesn't show her the rest of the episode.

Hmmm....just watched it again, the gun looks like it's on his back, not in his arms.

Bout time this got its own thread actually. Quality show which has gotten progressively better with each season (the comparatively rubbish first season seems like a distant memory). Yet to begin the fourth.

Rubbish first season? I beg to differ.

You're not one of those who didn't like the second season due to the lack of zombie action are you?

The fourth isn't really that different to the third, although it takes place only a few weeks later. It's a relatively good story, but it's definitely time for them to move on.

The second season was possibly my favourite so far, richuk. I seem to remember being the only one here who liked it at the time. Don't be judgemental!

I thought the first season began terrifically, and then took a nose dive soon after with silly BS plotting. The finale thankfully did just enough to swing it back into where it needed to be.

As thrilling as season 3 was I thought it veered off in the second half as well. It was still a very enjoyable watch for the most part, but strictly in terms of consistency I'd say the second season edges it.

Moreover, season 2 features the single best sequence of the whole thing: the bandits in the bar face-off.

So back on topic: Do you watch The Walking Dead, Jason? ;)

I watched the entire first season as a marathon with a group of friends a few years back, but haven't yet watched any further episodes.

BTW, I don't really get why you guys are spoiler tagging everything. Is there anyone in this board who isn't caught up yet will want to come into this thread and read all the posts? I think people know that for threads for currently airing shows, once an episode has aired it's free to discuss. People just spoiler block the previews of upcoming episodes cause not everyone watches those.

I thought season 4 was handled a lot better than season 3, which had a good first half and a not-so-good second.

I really enjoyed the mid-season finale. I'm glad that they've finally moved out of the prison and that the Governor

got the big finish we all wanted. What I really appreciated is the fact that it wasn't Michonne who directly killed him (even though she had her needed part in it). His death was great.

I still think the baby's alive by the way. Can't wait to see where the second half of the season will take us.

My spouse thinks that the alcoholic guy (Bob?) grabbed/rescued the baby - would explain the blood in the carrier, since he was shot in the shoulder nonfatally early on, and then not seen again.

I don't see how Bob got Judith. Since Maggie and Sasha were aiding him b/c of his wound. Plus they seem to be headed out of the prison, when the Bus took off without 'em.

I think the two kids (Mika and Molly) who were holding the car seat took her back into the prison when Lizzie said they should get guns. Lizzie and Mika come back out with those guns and save Tyrese, but then run back into the prison even after he calls. I think it's to get Judith from wherever they stashed her for safe keeping. We don't see them do this or take her from her car seat to create drama.

• 1 month later...

Finally caught up with The Walking Dead and reached the mid-season finale. This show isn't consistently good and is even sometimes a bit libel to a spot of total BS, but when it's good, it's fucking brilliant.

So far this season, RUTHLESS, and very, very entertaining.

I'd rank this equally with Game of Thrones at this stage. Both have their never-gets-old O.M.G. moments, as well as their problems, and both feel pretty much like essential prime time fair.

• 4 weeks later...

Remember this Wojo before you shit your diapers the first time I had already read a thousand books or more.

That's great. Too bad one of those thousand books couldn't have been the guide to all the most popular threads here, or even the most recently posted view.

at least I'm not dumb enough to mistake the difference between reading and searching for a thread at least 3 or more pages buried in the past.

Take your meds, granpa.

get a clue nimrod.

Lol at this place god fucking forbid a square peg in a round hole.

I watched the first season, then the first half of the second until the show just lost me. Missed the entire third season. I picked back up at the beginning of the fourth to see if it could whet my appetite again. I'm trying, I really am, but the characters, dialogue and acting do not make it easy. I may be looking for too much out of a zombie show, but it seems to have lost that magic that made me love that first short season.

I liked the first season enough to want to continue watching it, but then never did. I think mostly because my fiance has absolutely no interest in watching the show, so I'd have to watch it in my free time, which I have precious little of these days. Glad so many people like it though. Though I feel really bad for how Darabont got completely screwed over.

A lot of my friends really like the comic books. Anybody here read them?