Finally! New Varese Club Batch coming July 28th

Jay

Step 1: Buy Varese STID

Step 2: Rip Varese STID

Step 3: Put "Spock to Spock" from the leaked boot/sessions where it belongs in your digital playlist

Step 4: Stop whining

Bingo, like I said it's something that can easily be overlooked and not complaining to much about it but I'll still be happy to have a legit release.

Step 1: Buy Varese STID

Step 2: Rip Varese STID

Step 3: Put "Spock to Spock" from the leaked boot/sessions where it belongs in your digital playlist

Step 4: Stop whining

That's why it leaked. To give the customer the option of putting it in their playlist.

Problem is the bootleg cue will sound like crap in between the properly mastered DE tracks.

You're joking, right? The STID leak is perfect sound quality.

Correct. The only thing is, I think they brightened the OST a little. That may not translate to the Deluxe Edition, though.

Problem is the bootleg cue will sound like crap in between the properly mastered DE tracks.

You're joking, right? The STID leak is perfect sound quality.

Perfect? I agree that the boot sounds much better than it could, but perfect? Not at all. In fact, it's not even legitimate 320 kbps. Even so, I listened to "Spock to Spock" just yesterday and the compression really is painfully obvious.

Refer to Step #4.

Oh, screw off! There are scores you'd "whine" about just as much.

Well yea, the YouTube video is obviously compressed, but it's not like the original files are.

Well yea, the YouTube video is obviously compressed, but it's not like the original files are.

Actually, it's exactly like that. The so-called "original files" that were being traded around appear to have been transcoded from a 128-192 kbps source.

Refer to Step #4.

Oh, screw off! There are scores you'd "whine" about just as much.

I'll whine only when the truly great scores are violated or neglected. A Giacchino Star Trek score is not a truly great score. I bought it anyways, happy with what Varese provided for the sake of Star Trek film completion, because I'm not interested enough in rewatching the movie a second time to figure out which seconds aren't on the record.

I'll whine only when the truly great scores are violated or neglected.

That's your prerogative and I actually agree that Giacchino's Trek scores are not truly great works of film scoring. That said, I absolutely hate it when my analysis of a score gets confused with whining. I'm allowed to comment on what's missing and on the quality of bootlegs; and I know for a fact that some people appreciate such analyses because it often saves them the trouble of breaking a score down for themselves. All I was doing here was commenting on the plans of others to mix and match tracks from this new deluxe edition with a clearly inferior bootleg.

The quality of the boot is technically inferior, yes, but it is still good quality. As I said, the cues are 'brightened' in the original OST release and presumably in this set too and anybody with fairly simple audio editing capabilities can take that piece and make it match anyway. And in any case, we've been combining lesser-quality tracks in the past with superior quality tracks (IE RotLA and TLC).