The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

There's a 0% chance that Civil Wars ends without a major character's death.  It could be Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Black Widow, Rhodey, Hawkeye, or Pepper Potts.  It won't be Ant-man, Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Nick Fury, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Spider-man, Falcon, Thor or Hulk.

Personally, I just hope that Steve Rogers makes it through his third film alive.

He's actually a respectable guy and I like to see respectable guys come out on top.

But I very much doubt it.

Captain America 3 is pretty much "The Avengers 3" by now, with the number of characters going on. Why not just call it that?

It is also "Captain America vs. Iron Man". Why not call it "Iron Man 4" then?

Oh, because there is ONE thing that truly makes Captain America the "main" character between all those others: His death.

Same thing applied to Han Solo in SW:TFA. I'd probably have been more (pleasantly!) surprised if he hadn't died.

Oh I heartily disagree.  Killing off Steve Rogers at the end of this movie is hthe most likely way it will end, with Bucky Barnes taking up the shield and becoming the new Captain America.  That's what happened in the comics, too.

If they kill off Tony Stark instead, it would probably be because RDJ told them he didn't want to do these movies any more.

10 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

Didn't the movie tell us that he assassinated a ton of people?

Under mind control by Hydra.  If he's snapped out of that, as indicated by the end of Cap 2 and the trailers for this, he will be Ol' Bucky.

Sam Wilson (the Falcon) has also taken the mantle of Captain America in the comics.

I'd prefer the film version of Sam over the film version of Bucky (or at least the Bucky that we've seen in Winter Soldier and Ant-man's end-credit scene).  Captain America has to have some optimism.

On 15-3-2016 at 7:00 PM, BloodBoal said:

:groupwave:

5 hours ago, Jay said:

The movie offers a different superhero every other minute. Somebody should call Guinness World Records!

• 2 weeks later...

"The Road to Civil War" supercut wirh footage from all the earthbound MCU properties

Not bad!

I think I need to see Winter Soldier again.

9 hours ago, Jay said:

"The Road to Civil War" supercut wirh footage from all the earthbound MCU properties

This is really an excellent work, especially considering this is fanmade. Made me more pumped for the movie than any of the trailers.

International trailer for Civil War features new footage including some dialogue between Black Widow and Hawkeye

Fun movie, you should check it out

I have no idea if there was music under the opening logo or not

Ha!  I didn't even notice Ant-man was flat instead of scope; Probably because I watched it at home instead of in the theater.  In the theater, the flat-ness of The Avengers was kinda jarring.

Whedon just wasn't as much of a visual director as the other phase 1 directors, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it looked like a TV movie.  It looked like it had the high budget it did

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

I haven't seen Ant-Man yet, does it open with the fanfare Brian Tyler wrote for Marvel?

Is it on Netflix yet? I don't think I will see it, not even on a rainy day.

11 minutes ago, nightscape94 said:

Whedon may not be Snyder when it comes to an artistic eye, but he's perfectly fine.

Not sure, The Avengers has to be the worst looking Marvel movie to date.

The first one. Steef said it many times, it doesn't look cinematic enough, but more something like a TV movie. The second one looks much better, especially when that witch appears. ;)

elizabeth-olsen-is-scarlet-witch-in-aven

Solo Scarlett Witch movie! Now!