Some great news about a possible future JAWS Re-issue!

Jay

I paid for a CD on ebay once and the seller closed their profile and disappeared without a word and no postage of the item.

I filed a complaint to eBay and PayPal gave me a full refund. I will be forever grateful to that company for looking after me.

I once bought a video card on eBay for about $100. The seller didn't post it for weeks and always kept delaying or ignoring my messages. I filed a complaint with eBay, PayPal set a deadline, and the guy sent the card off at the last moment. When it arrived, it was broken and useless. I tried to update or refile my request, but PayPal told me that they do not allow more than one complaint per transaction, and that I'd already used up mine.

Horrible company as far as their supposed buyer safety is concerned.

Can I just jump in and say that this article: http://m.mic.com/articles/116046/without-john-williams-star-wars-theme-movie-history-would-be-completely-different

Has this sentence in it: 'when Steven Spielberg and Williams joined forces for Jaws in 1975, that score put Williams into the realm of famed composers like Henry Mancini and Hans Zimmer.'

Yeah, Lord of the Rings is a score I would never expect to be described as "weighty symphonic"!

He is right on about Gravity though.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting excited. Since Intrada has released both Jaws 3 and 4 now, surely 2 and 1 must be coming? Why else did Doug uncover the elements in 2013 and made that post (in the main post of this thread) about it?

OOoh, I can't wait!

I'm getting excited. Since Intrada has released both Jaws 3 and 4 now, surely 2 and 1 must be coming? Why else did Doug uncover the elements in 2013 and made that post (in the main post of this thread) about it?

OOoh, I can't wait!

well, this would make a great anniversary release this year.

I hope they don't miss it.

They better not. I recently bought Jaws 2 for $75.

That's a steal comparing to these cd prices here:

http://www.amazon.com/Jaws-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/B0000014SD/

I got Jaws the Revenge for over $100 on ebay and a month later...

Could you please buy The Lord ofthe Rings: Complete Recordings? And Dracula?

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Or just the bottom... ;)

Karol

I bought Dracula at about the same time as Jaws 2.

Any time now.

• 4 months later...

Intrada's got another "popular" 2CD set coming on Nov 17. Could it be Jaws 1?

11/1/2015

It's fun to say that the 2-CD release of Back To The Future Part II has been a smash hit for us, as was the first movie's 2-CD set a few years ago. It's been out of stock more than it's been in stock. As fast as we get pressing batches in, they're gone. As such, we've already moved more than half of the maximum allowable units per the AFM policy agreement.

So here's a heads up. This week we've got another new 2-CD release of a high profile score for you to consider. It may sell rapidly as well. Jeff and George want everyone to please be patient while they work to stay abreast of the orders. The BTTF releases are keeping everyone busy as it is... and with another important 2-CD release going on sale this week, the shipping room will be unusually busy. If all of these popular releases don't keep them from taking lunch breaks, then the subsequent 2-CD new release scheduled just two weeks later most certainly will. We promise some excitement throughout November but please allow a few extra days to receive your orders. Thanks!

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6878

Yes. The sound quality. And the fact you have to buy the LP re-recording separately..

I'm just throwing out a guess, there's a million things that qualify as "popular" and "warrants a 2 disc set"

I know that I own Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of hte Moon on SACD, and it has a high res SACD layer and a normal redbook layer.

You must be off your meds again. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to think releasing an quadraphonic album mix on SACD is a good idea.

I've proposed this 2disc set idea of mine for Jaws several times over the years on this board and others, including on Intrada's own board

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=68071#p68071

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=73790#p73790

Others have even stolen my idea

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=74003#p74003

How awesome would it be to have two Jaws scores from John Williams to be released on the same month (and all four of them in the same year)? But it really makes sense, given this years' anniversary. Intrada is/are (cross out the unnecessary word) doing some stellar job this year. Way ahead of the competition.

Karol

11/1/2015

It's fun to say that the 2-CD release of Back To The Future Part II has been a smash hit for us, as was the first movie's 2-CD set a few years ago. It's been out of stock more than it's been in stock. As fast as we get pressing batches in, they're gone. As such, we've already moved more than half of the maximum allowable units per the AFM policy agreement.

So here's a heads up. This week we've got another new 2-CD release of a high profile score for you to consider. It may sell rapidly as well. Jeff and George want everyone to please be patient while they work to stay abreast of the orders. The BTTF releases are keeping everyone busy as it is... and with another important 2-CD release going on sale this week, the shipping room will be unusually busy. If all of these popular releases don't keep them from taking lunch breaks, then the subsequent 2-CD new release scheduled just two weeks later most certainly will. We promise some excitement throughout November but please allow a few extra days to receive your orders. Thanks!

That sounds interesting, but why is there speculation that this might be the Maestro's score to Jaws? They just released his score to Jaws 2. Is that possible?
Maybe it is another of John Williams's scores.
Heck, maybe it is just a film score done by another composer that is apparently popular.
Though, I'd be amazed and excited if this next release turns out to be Jaws, or another of John Williams's scores.

The speculation is based on the fact that Intrada released Jaws 4 this year, then Jaws 3, then Jaws 2.... and this year is also Jaws' 40th anniversary. It is logical that they are working on Jaws 1 also. But no, there is no proof.

Yea, I took it as a release that everyone will want basically, since he made the comment about the shipping. I guess "bigger" was the wrong phrasing.

But I'm certainly excited to see what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea reading his quote again, he doesn't even say the Nov 17th title is popular, just that it will keep his shipping department busy. Which is basically the same thing, I suppose :P