Boston Film Night 2015 (without JW)

I haven't found that anywhere either.

I think there's still a good chance the traditional May/June concerts aren't happening this year

I'm buying a ticket to Tanglewood Sunday at 10. Well, two tickets.

If you're talking about Tanglewood, those go on sale January 25. However, the Tanglewood season starts in June. Otherwise, I'm only seeing a few May concerts, which are already on sale.

Who are you asking?

I'm sum up the issue:

1. We know John Williams is performing at Tanglewood on Saturday, August 22nd. Those tickets go on sale this Sunday, January 25th at 10am EST.

2. According to this link only, John Williams is ALSO performing in Boston, on Friday May 22nd and Saturday May 23rd. These concerts are not listed on the main BSO site. Someone thought tickets for that might also go on sale on Sunday January 25th, but we don't really know anything for sure.

Hope that clears it up.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks! I didn't know Williams was going to be in Boston in May. Since it's not listed on the BSO website, I'm assuming it's not happening. The other May concerts aren't showing, either.

I would guess the concert will still happen, but they didn't want to post it yet due to his recent minor health concern.

Come to Tanglewood!

Also:

I would guess the concert will still happen, but they didn't want to post it yet due to his recent minor health concern.

Tanglewood doesn't look as appealing though. But i might consider it an option. The problem is that I would rather not book Tangewood tickets and find out there's gonna be a BPO concert afterall.

Do the Tanglewood ones go fast?

Nah, it doesn't really sell out because the venue is enormous. You can fit thousands and thousands of people on that lawn

The field is completely open. You can be as close or as far as you want to be.

Of course, you can always buy actual seats, and be much closer.

Hmmm....i dunno, right now I cant shake the image of thousands of Americans wearing shorts, baseball caps and holding a large Bud, yacking away while there are some showtunes being played in the distant background.

How much do these tickets cost, generally?

I didn't know Williams was going to be in Boston in May.

But that's precisely what this thread is about. :)

Since it's not listed on the BSO website, I'm assuming it's not happening

Our only source is actually a page from the BSO website. But yes, I think we can say goodbye to the Boston performances. Someone probably forgot to remove the information when they were cancelled.

You fool!

TGP and I will fawn over the Interstellar score, after which I will travel to Finland, where Inky and I will frown upon the Hobbit films!

Lol.

But really, let me know if you plan to attend KK. Chances are I'll be there and my cousin may be visiting at that time as well - he's around your age (I think), has very similar taste in music too. I think you'd be good pals.

Since it's not listed on the BSO website, I'm assuming it's not happening

Our only source is actually a page from the BSO website. But yes, I think we can say goodbye to the Boston performances. Someone probably forgot to remove the information when they were cancelled.

FYI this year's whole Pops season at Symphony Hall hasn't been announced yet, so I think there's still a good chance the annual JW Film Night programs will be there again. The reason they're delaying the announcement might be several--there are usually lots of guests at Pops concerts (including pop singers and foreign artists) so maybe they're rescheduling dates.

Tanglewood season is organized and managed independently and it's sold separately to patrons and customers than the other BSO season packages.

I guess we'll have official news in a few weeks, if not days :)