The Throne Room In Return of the Jedi

Faleel

Well, Now I can join the ranks of JW fans who have heard this connection now, I have finally heard the statement of the Throne Room theme in The Fleet Enters Hyperspace.

Huh?

Compare 1:28 of Track 11 of Disc 2 from the Stars Wars Special Edtion to 7:46 Track 3 of Disc 2 from Return of the Jedi Special Edition.

It was mentioned in the liner notes, I just never really was able to hear it in the track.

EDIT: Ninja'd

It's astonishing how much music your brains can store (and how detailedly, depending on your concentration whilst listening to it and the amount of repeated listens) - instead of listening to the cue again to get the reference, I just went through it in my mind.

Doesn't Lukas Kendall point it out in the 1993 anthology boxset notes?

If not, Matessino surely does in the 1997 notes

Ah yes I have to thank Matessino's excellent liner notes for pointing the reference out back when I got the RCA Victor releases of the SW scores.

Nice that you finally "heard the light" Faleel. ;)

I love how Williams twists that Walton/Elgar-esque march and turns into an angular quartal motif that wouldn't sound out of place in a piece by Janáček, Bartók or Hindemith. Fleet Enters Hyperspace is an amazing cue, from those insane planing trumpet triplets, to the final fanfare - BM7/E to E/D.

I love how Williams twists that Walton/Elgar-esque march and turns into an angular quartal motif that wouldn't sound out of place in a piece by Janáček, Bartók or Hindemith. Fleet Enters Hyperspace is an amazing cue, from those insane planing trumpet triplets, to the final fanfare - BM7/E to E/D.

It used to be my favourite cue from the OT - that final fanfare is magnificent. The planing trumpet chords remind me of mm. 50-52 in EMPIRE's R8P2 "City in the Clouds".

r8p2_zpsjbrwanym.jpg

If I remember correctly Johnny uses similar trumpet triplets in Grievous and the Droids in RotS as well although the effect is not as electrifying as in Fleet Enters Hyperspace.

It used to be my favourite cue from the OT - that final fanfare is magnificent. The planing trumpet chords remind me of mm. 50-52 in EMPIRE's R8P2 "City in the Clouds". r8p2_zpsjbrwanym.jpg
For me it's Attacking a Star Destroyer. City in the Clouds is a bit more dreamy/impressionist with its planing augmented triads.
If I remember correctly Johnny uses similar trumpet triplets in Grievous and the Droids in RotS as well although the effect is not as electrifying as in Fleet Enters Hyperspace.
This is the bit from ROTS that reminds me of Fleet Enters Hyperspace.

Well, Now I can join the ranks of JW fans who have heard this connection now, I have finally heard the statement of the Throne Room theme in The Fleet Enters Hyperspace.

Yeah, and I've heard that "The Imperial March" is all over "Return Of The Jedi", which only goes to show that JW is a third-rate hack who doesn't deserve to lick Hans Zimmer's

Yeah, and I've heard that "The Imperial March" is all over "Return Of The Jedi", which only goes to show that JW is a third-rate hack who doesn't deserve to lick Hans Zimmer's

What?

Bread?

Apples?

Very small rocks?

Cider.

Gravy.

Cherries.

Mud.

Churches?

Lead! Lead!

A duck.

There are similar things at 3:52 of The Death of Yoda and 2:27 of Leia is Wounded / Luke and Vader Duel? Does anyone else hear this?

Could you elaborate? 3:52 in The Death of Yoda is a statement of the Imperial March.

There are similar things at 3:52 of The Death of Yoda and 2:27 of Leia is Wounded / Luke and Vader Duel? Does anyone else hear this?

Could you elaborate? 3:52 in The Death of Yoda is a statement of the Imperial March.

Just thought you should know he is using Anthology timestamps.

He is talking about the rising deep strings.

Probably a lot.

I've also heard that a lot of the notes in the "Star Wars" scores were used in the Indiana Jones Flims. Copycat!

What?
Bread?
Apples?
Very small rocks?
Cider.
Gravy.
Cherries.
Mud.
Churches?
Lead! Lead!

A duck.

I'll let you complete that sentence.

Something similar occured to me some time ago, whilst listening to THE LAST CRUSADE. I suddenly noticed the violins play, in fact, the Raiders theme in pizzicato fashion at the beginning of FATHER AND SON REUNITED.

(...)

I can't seem to properly embed Spotify tracks. I converted the Spotify URL into an iframe link and tried inserting the latter into my post in various ways, but no such attempt appeared to be succesful.

What you did was perfectly fine. You linked directly to the track in question.

EDIT: I see you edited your post. Now it doesn't link to anything. It was perfect before

• 4 weeks later...

The same concept again: does everyone hear the Anything Goes melody played by the violin section at 1:56 in The Nightclub Brawl?

The same concept again: does everyone hear the Anything Goes melody played by the violin section at 1:56 in The Nightclub Brawl?

Yep, that's an easy one.

Yes yodas death quotes or 'foretells' the "dark side beckons"

Qui-gon's and padme's funerals are similar to this also (the yoda cue),, specially because it has the force theme at the right spot.

"Leia is Wounded"? is that the bit where she blows up the speeder-bike? Whoops! Just realized where this bit is. It's near the end, where she is...wounded :lol:

There's a lovely, and subtle, statement of Luke's theme at the end of "Father/Son".