Williams' Theme from Jurassic Park finally hits a Top 10

Jay

Well, that seals the deal.

"though with credits like “Cloverfield,” “Up” and “Ratatouille,” Giacchino is perhaps the closest thing Williams has to an heir in Hollywood"

"though with credits like “Cloverfield,” “Up” and “Ratatouille,” Giacchino is perhaps the closest thing Williams has to an heir in Hollywood"

:pat:

So would be the most likely candidate to continue to carry the film score torch that Williams held all these years? When Williams passes the torch, who ought to receive it?

So would be the most likely candidate to continue to carry the film score torch that Williams held all these years? When Williams passes the torch, who ought to receive it?

Me.

TGP will be our generation's Goldsmith. KK... Canadian Morricone!

Actually, I've been complimented lately by certain members here (scallenger being one of them) how some of my work is very Goldsmith-esque in composition.

But you? Carry Williams' torch? Do you have any samples of your work I can listen to?

They got the order all wrong! E.T. at number 6?

And SPR has no right being there!

Also they list "Harry Potter" but don't specify which of the 2,5 scores!

On the plus side his lesser post 2000 work rightfully isn't listed, apart from HP.

Another Top 10, by the Hollywood Reporter.

John Williams' 10 Best Movie Scores, Ranked

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/john-williams-10-best-movie-802186?utm_source=twitter

Jurassic Park ranked above E.T. and Jaws?

Me.

TGP will be our generation's Goldsmith. KK... Canadian Morricone!

That fact that I've never heard any of you threes music indicates you suck and live in a delusional world where you think you're talented!

Also they list "Harry Potter" but don't specify which of the 2,5 scores!

The continental propensity to use the wrong punctuation to mark number places is annoying.

Even your esteemed mathematicians learned to use the proper "decimal point." But the lay are clearly still misguided fools!

The continental propensity to use the wrong punctuation to mark number places is annoying.

Even your esteemed mathematicians learned to use the proper "decimal point." But the lay are clearly still misguided fools!

Where's the part where I should give a fuck?