Williams' The Lost World OST CD has gone Out Of Print

Jay

Maybe we'll get a 20th anniversary release in 2017?

That's what I'm thinking. Gives them two years to prep it, and fill the void between JW and JP5 (and keep the franchise fresh in people's minds).

Yeah income from a few thousand units of a soundtrack album are nothing compared with the big bucks from other merchandising cash flows.

All the more reason to give to the professionals to take care of. Although they aren't going to make insane amounts of profit, they have nothing to lose either.

Yeah income from a few thousand units of a soundtrack album are nothing compared with the big bucks from other merchandising cash flows.

All the more reason to give to the professionals to take care of. Although they aren't going to make insane amounts of profit, they have nothing to lose either.

You're absolutely right, of course, if only the studio execs felt the same way :(

The ones at Fox obviously do, its Universal, Sony, and sometimes Paramount and WB that are hoarding lots of good stuff

Apparently according to some dubious arguments that cannot be elaborated, the studios make millions of dollars more by just sitting on it.

Is producing such products financially lucrative is probably the only thing weighing in the scale of many companies.

Let's not kid ourselves though, Universal is never going to open an Expanded Soundtrack Division where they're going to care enough, ever. They're just sitting on those golden musical eggs, and they'll never hatch!

Pretty much

Though it should be said that their own expansions of Jaws, ET, and Jurassic Park are not awful - they're just not ideal.

Let's not kid ourselves though, Universal is never going to open an Expanded Soundtrack Division where they're going to care enough, ever. They're just sitting on those golden musical eggs, and they'll never hatch!

Those Philistines! :stick:

Why can't we even get isolated scores anymore? That was a thing at one point. There were a couple Williams back in the day.

I'm sure they have their reasons.

None of which have been especially thought-out.

• 3 weeks later...

I was disappointed to see this too! I thought about getting it after seeing Jurassic World, and then I find out my only option is mp3/aac unless I want to pay $25+ for a cd. Just never pulled the trigger on it earlier in the year and the price shot up. Missed the $6 sale apparently too because its like $13 now for mp3 files. Bleh.

• 1 year later...
On June 17, 2015 at 0:18 PM, Jay said:

Well this is interesting. The OST to The Lost World has been in print ever since it came out, always in its original "dinorama" packaging.

Well just recently, its finally gone out of print!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000002P6K/jwfancom-20

People are selling sealed copies for $15 on the Amazon Market and prices will only go up from there!

How ODD that now, of all times, with a new film in theaters, Universal decides to take it out of print!

They also took JP and TLW off of Spotify recently, which is annoying.

What is Universal thinking?

And on top of all this, they won't even let a specialty label issued expanded versions of either score. Boo to Universal!

If we only knew then what we know now! Took a year and a half but hey wouldn't trade the new La La land discs in for anything (well maybe a version with the teeth on the booklet  :P)

Now if Disney does the same thing with Star Wars and lets one of the labels do their thing with those I'm ok if it dissapears from physical media for a little while! Ah to dream the impossible dream.