John Williams' FIRST film cue ever! (?)

filmmusic

• 2 years later...

It's intriguing, as it means I must rework some of my Williams history (his first composing gig is then not DADDY-O, which he started working on around late spring 1958). But he did work on other films prior to this, btw, like CAROUSEL and SOUTH PACIFIC, but the latter was released later.

In either case, I would still very much like to know WHAT his contributions were. The listed track of "Murder on the Stairs" that I read somewhere doesn't really make sense, as that scene in the film contains a cue that belongs to the car chase in the following scene -- composed by Skiles. It's not an independent cue. I wonder what else it could be?

It's intriguing, as it means I must rework some of my Williams history (his first composing gig is then not DADDY-O, which he started working on around late spring 1958). But he did work on other films prior to this, btw, like CAROUSEL and SOUTH PACIFIC, but the latter was released later.

I meant the first theatrical film he contributed with a composition (not by performing).