Various JW Articles

SF1_freeze

If we limit it to scores that 14-year old boys like, kind of yeah. Of course there were tons of more significant scores written in between these years, even if i just limit it to Vietnam movies - cf. CASUALTIES OF WAR, BOTFOJ, GLORY, PLATOON.

If we limit it to scores that 14-year old boys like, kind of yeah. Of course there were tons of more significant scores written in between these years, even if i just limit it to Vietnam movies - cf. CASUALTIES OF WAR, BOTFOJ, GLORY, PLATOON.

Great score, but wrong war...

ID4 is THAT good, but there were obviously other scores just as good between 1985 and 1996!

Then please name those scores.......

Amazing Stories: The Mission
Empire of the Sun
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Home Alone
Hook
Jurassic Park
Aliens
Willow
The Rocketeer
Sneakers
Braveheart
Apollo 13
Total Recall
Basic Instinct
Beetlejuice
Batman
Darkman
Batman Returns
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Mission: Impossible
Mars Attacks!
Back To The Future
Predator
The Abyss
Back To The Future II
Back To The Future III
Predator 2
Judge Dredd
The Fugitive
Waterworld
Robocop
Stargate
Batman Forever

• 3 weeks later...

ID4 is THAT good, but there were obviously other scores just as good between 1985 and 1996!

Then please name those scores.......

All I know are the movies I've seen, and the music that I have reacted to.....

You probably didn't see many movies during that time span then, nor listen to a lot of scores.

I mean; Jurassic Park, Morricone's The Mission, Braveheart, Dances With Wolves, Willow, Basic Instinct, The Lion King, ...

I'm not even going to continue.

• 2 weeks later...

Independence Day set me on the path to film score listening and collecting, hence my frustration and disappointment at how the sequel is reportedly developing.

But yeah, other scores that were round about its level of quality between 1985 to 1996 were Batman, Batman Returns, The Living Daylights, Last Crusade, Hook, Jurassic Park, Stargate, Hellraiser 1&2, Star Trek V, The Shadow, etc.