Favorite JW score for a film you have not seen

EdwardHall

I haven't seen most of those films either, but the ones I have seen that I think you would enjoy watching are

The Fury

Schindler's List

A.I.

Minority Report

I wouldn't really expect to "enjoy" watching Schindler's List. I know it's an important historical movie with a powerful message. I've just never wanted to watch human suffering on that scale for a few hours.

I haven't seen most of those films either, but the ones I have seen that I think you would enjoy watching are

The Fury

Schindler's List

A.I.

Minority Report

I wouldn't really expect to "enjoy" watching Schindler's List. I know it's an important historical movie with a powerful message. I've just never wanted to watch human suffering on that scale for a few hours.

It's enjoyable as a piece of artistic expression; Acting, cinematography, editing, music, etc. It's not a joyful experience obviously, but it still elicits certain emotions that are healthy and necessary.

interestingly, the film's director, Jeannot Szwarc -- who had his "big" period in the 80s -- is now cropping up as a television director everywhere, doing high-profile series such as SMALLVILLE, FRINGE, SUPERNATURAL, HEROES etc. Not bad for a 74-year-old.

And although he never did a whole lot of films, his composer track record is pretty impressive -- Basil Poledouris, John Williams, John Barry, Jerry Goldsmith, Henry Mancini, Gabriel Yared!

Somewhere in Time. Great flick. Great friggin' flick. The guy is brilliant. Barry delivers one of the greatest film scores of all time.

You're joking right??? Please be joking.

You don't like the SOMEWHERE IN TIME score? I've never seen the film, as far as I can recall, but it's one of the few Barry scores I actually like.

I think the 'greatest' somehow figures in his irritation. It's not particularly 'advanced' music but the theme is one of the few defining pieces of simple romantic music able to elevate corny melodrama into a higher plane just by stoic conviction.

I think the 'greatest' somehow figures in his irritation. It's not particularly 'advanced' music but the theme is one of the few defining pieces of simple romantic music able to elevate corny melodrama into a higher plane just by stoic conviction.

So what you're saying is that less is more. And I'm always serious.

Somewhere in Time. Great flick. Great friggin' flick. The guy is brilliant. Barry delivers one of the greatest film scores of all time.

You're joking right??? Please be joking.

You don't like the SOMEWHERE IN TIME score? I've never seen the film, as far as I can recall, but it's one of the few Barry scores I actually like.

I'm a big Barry fan, but it's one of his few scores that I actually hate. It just rubs me the wrong way, but the film has probably a lot to do with that.

I actually went to see a lot of those "obscure" Williams movies in the cinema like Sleepers, Angelas Ashes,Memoirs of a Geisha, Seven Years in Tibet,Book Thief...

The only ones I skipped are Stepmom and Rosewood