The Amazing Spider-Man (2012 Reboot film)

Trent B

I actually like Spider-Man 1 and 2, especially 2. Spider-Man 3 would have been fine had they stuck to the Sandman and Harry Osborn characters and not even bothered bringing in Venom. Or if they had, had introduced him some other way. I just think the movie suffered because there were too many villains so too much confusion going on.

I've seen others too say that they like Spider-Man 2 but not really the first one all that much, just a matter of opinions.

I have never met someone who loves Raimi's films.

That doesn't mean the movies are not loved.

I actually like Spider-Man 1 and 2, especially 2.

There! Koray, meet Trent. Trent, meet Koray.

I definitely enjoyed the first one at the time. It's been a while since I've seen it, so while I remember it fairly well, my opinions of it might be a little different now. I felt more lukewarm about the second film, and that hadn't changed when I had a chance to watch part of it recently. As for the third...I kind of pretend that one didn't happen. My then-girlfriend and I left the theater in hysterics because of how utterly terrible it was.

That side by side video is actually a really cynical editing job which makes it look closer to the game than it really is. They've taken parts from the game which roughly match the movie and edited them all together to make it look like one long sequence, like that of the movie trailer. They even turn the game's footage upside down when Spiderman crawls along the underneath of a structure so as not to break the illusion of complete replication.

Rather sad really, made by someone with waaaaay to much time on their hands. But that's the internet for ya. The dude who made it will no doubt be feeling really pleased with himself.

That side by side video is actually a really cynical editing job which makes it look closer to the game than it really is. They've taken parts from the game which roughly match the movie and edited them all together to make it look like one long sequence, like that of the movie trailer. They even turn the game's footage upside down when Spiderman crawls along the underneath of a structure so as not to break the illusion of complete replication.

That's true. This is not some revelation like with Transformers 3 reusing footage. If you have enough footage(as I suspect they did from Mirror's Edge), eventually you can find enough to match any first person video, particularly one that involves climbing.

I have never met someone who loves Raimi's films.

I find all these reactions quite odd. Sony announced this reboot like 3 years ago.

The general public doesn't read about upcoming films, though. I think most people are seeing this trailer and thinking, "What the fuck? Isn't Tobey MacGuire Spider-man?"

They are borderline unwatchable to me. The best Marvel movie is still, by far, Ang Lee's Hulk

Then again, that movie is generally hated by Marvel movie fans while The Incredible Hulk is seen as a major improvement (What a world! What a world!). Personally, I wish Ang Lee would do some more psychological Marvel flicks. A Supes by Lee? Bring it on!

Alex

No!

Hulk was a mess of a film. All Hulk did for the last half of the film was hop around the desert. Plus, the whole bit with his father was more unnecessary than the Two-Face/Gordan scene at the end of The Dark Knight. The pacing of the movie is so messed up and throughout the entire film Lee can't decide whether he wants it to be an art film or an action film. If Ang Lee did Superman we'd just get scenes of Supes flying around in the sky for a while while Lex shoots missiles at him. :down:

What a world! What a world!

Again, I see an artsy psychological drama, not an action film. Sorta like Blade Runner, actually.

Hulk might be a failure in some ways, but still is a glorious failure. It's the only Marvel movie that tried to look beyond and upgraded a somewhat pedestrian source material. It tried to be better than in really had the right to be. It's a fascinating movie, it has themes, it is about something.

I haven't seen the Norton one, but I did enjoy the Hulk, which surprised me. Calling it "artsy" is going overboard, though.

Understated and considered, under the guise of action adventure. Which is obviously why it failed.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked them all too. Spidey 3 has some huge problems, but it was still entertaining.

I don't like the trailer for the new one much, particularly the first-person CGI shot. IMO, if you can't do a shot like that completely photorealistically, don't do it.

I liked them all too. Spidey 3 has some huge problems, but it was still entertaining.

I don't like the trailer for the new one much, particularly the first-person CGI shot. IMO, if you can't do a shot like that completely photorealistically, don't do it.

I too liked all three Spider-Man 3 films, despite the 3rd being flawed.

I do agree with your statement about the first person CGI shot. The fact that they nearly copied everything from a game is a bit disturbing at best. I bet had WETA or ILM done the computer animation they could have made it look realistic and not game like.

For me, the third Spider-Man film was entertaining in the sense that all the moments you could wince at, all the gigantic, unparalleled plot holes you have to marvel at, and the relentless degrading of any known Spider-Man character or story make Spider-Man 3 an awesome spectacle to behold.

When your most convincing character is J.J. Jameson, you have a problem.

So, apparently, this film is a setup for the sequel, why else would they announce one already? I hate that kind of thing.

It will do well. They made a mistake with The Green Lantern though and greenlit the sequel before it opened and look what happened. So who knows?

No, WB never really greenlit the GL sequel. They had the writers pen a treatment for a sequel after filming on GL wrapped, but never set a release date. Michael Goldenberg, the guy who was responsible for the shooting draft, was hired to write a script using said treatment. But in a recent interview with WB honcho Jeff Robinov, they don't mention a script-- just a treatment.

Sony just wants to reclaim that early May spot before Disney or WB takes it. But they're awfully confident in a film that hasn't come out, let alone finished.

Spider-Man 3 has major flaws, but for what should have been a complete and total trainwreck thanks to studio interference, I found a flawed, but quite enjoyable film. Hell, I even enjoy things in that movie moreso than the first two - for example, Christoper Young's score. I loved elfman's themes, but..there was something about Young's SM3 that I enjoyed more. The promo that I got from him was first class. So far I still think all three rank up in the top tens of superhero flicks for me. I wouldn't mind SM3.1 or something like that coming out to improve the flick, however.

Now the reboot...the trailer was okay. I liked some of it, but the first person cgi was... :down:

Let me put it this way.

I would have found infinitely more joy in Spider-Man 3 had I not read tons of vintage Spidey comic books.

That said, I would have also been infinitely more confused had I not read those.

Let me put it this way.

I would have found infinitely more joy in Spider-Man 3 had I not read tons of vintage Spidey comic books.

That said, I would have also been infinitely more confused had I not read those.

I've read tons of spider-man comics. I find it to be a genuinely good movie, and hell, Raimi actually improved on that POS character known as venom.

Rachel Portman with Daft Punk

:lol:

I can just see Portman saying to Daft Punk: Well guys, your music seems awfully harsh and has those beats in it. Can we tone it down? Don't you think it would be nicer if I just used some oboe, or perhaps clarinet, yes clarinet is nicely mellow, a quiet inobtrusive string section and the mellowest french horn, I mean the mellowest, here instead. It is after all a high speed chase and I am sure what Spider-Man is thinking here is Mary Jane and fluffy warm and fuzzy thoughts even though it is a chaos going on around him. Let's go for the warmness in his inner life in this scene. I know you boys have scored only one major film so take it from a one who has done many. Mellow. That's the way to go. Not that I could do it any other way. I have not challenged myself in 15 years and neither has anyone else. It works nicely. Don't bellow, be mellow is my philosophy.

Who is scoring this?

I looked up the director - Marc Webb. The only film composer he's worked with (500 Days of Summer) is Mychael Danna.

Can imagine Sony wanting a bigger name than that. I just don't want another OOTP situation where someone is clearly out of their depth.

Release is a year away though so it could be months before we get an announcement.

Let me put it this way.

I've read tons of spider-man comics. I find it to be a genuinely good movie, and hell, Raimi actually improved on that POS character known as venom.

:blink:

:mellow:

Let me put it this way.

:blink:

:mellow:

Should I explain how he did? ;)

I had no idea of Raimi's hate for Venom until I read the comments on here.

I'd say the Sandman added far less to the story, not to mention featuring what I consider a very wooden performance from Haden Church (although that probably wasn't helped by some abysmal lines).

Nah.

Spider-Man 3 isn't as refined as the first two, but Raimi still managed to make you care for the characters, and although obviously his heart wasn't as in it as much as SM1/SM2, he still cared and made a great flick.