Poll: Tintin extended edition preference

Gurkensalat

Tintin ultimate edition?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What would be in your opinion the best Tintin expanded edition?

• The complete soundtrack as heard in the film (like an expanded FYC) plus the original album
    • The complete first recording sessions plus the main alternates from the second recording sessions as bonus
    • The complete music in chronological order, making each track as long as possible by combining editorially music from both recording sessions
    • other (specify)

He's right, though. If I even attempt to listen to it, I need to eliminate the ZImmer sounding music, Presenting Bianca Castafiore and various useless underscore by Williams on autopilot.

I don't hear any Zimmer-sounding music in Tintin, but OK.

Bumper Sticker Philosophy:

I'd rather hear bad Zimmer music in Tintin than good Giacchino music in Tintin.

I don't hear any Zimmer-sounding music in Tintin, but OK.

Me neither. Confused.

Um... because they dumped Zimmer the moment they heard the first track and pulled in Williams? I dunno.

So much for Spielberg trying out new composers (not including The Goonies and The Color Purple).

First option

As it is this is my least favorite Williams adventure score, but I feel the complete score + early sessions could change my mind

Then why did you not vote for it in the poll?

It's just not important. This score along with Crystal Skull are forgettable cookie cutter Williams. His heart just wasn't in it, although Tintin moreso seems to have all the trappings of the classic whimsical Williams fantasy/adventure scores. Unfortunately, it's soulless.

I disagree totally. I find Tintin one of the best Williams scores, showing of his incredible craftsmanship. His motivic work is intricate and inventive, total genius. Of course, not something that one hears with background listening.

I personlly vote for option2: first the main recordings sessions, then the most important altenates from the second session to fill up the second disc. With detailed liner notes, of course. Lalaland, what are you waiting for?

Yeah I was wondering about that too.

I'm sure RedBard knows that Zimmer was not considered for this score at any point, nor will he be for any Spielberg film as long as John Williams is actively writing, or alive.

That's right. And even when Williams has passed on, he will be doing what all composers have been doing when they pass away.

That's right. He'll be de-composing

:P