Fox's Marvel Universe (X-Men, Legion, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, etc)

Jay

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

What?

Why the fuck are you grumpy, dude?

Grumpy about the wording of clickbait headlines and the things that rate as news, I guess!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I don't know who they are.

On the right, that's Aubrey Plaza.  She played April on the show Parks and Recreation.  She also starred in a few decent-sized movies like "The To-Do List" and "Life After Beth," and had memorable supporting roles in movies like "Scott Pilgrim vs the World."  Of course, the world may know her best as the voice of Grumpy Cat in the direct to video Grumpy Cat Christmas feature, "Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever."

On the left, nobody knows.

Here's a nice article about all nine of Fox's X-Men movies, including comparing them to what Marvel is doing themselves with the MCU, I enjoyed reading it

http://www.avclub.com/article/mutating-x-men-series-offers-alternative-marvel-ci-237477

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What is funny, and I just realised this yesterday, is that Marvel Comics essentially just killed every single X-Men comic book title. And for the past several years they even rejected any idea of creating any new mutant characters so that Fox doesn't automatically get any rights to those characters. Mutants used to be the most profitable titles so this is quite big.

Karol

34 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

I thought Jackman was done with Wolverine?

Supposedly this will be his last time popping the claws, but I have to wonder if Jackman will be "done" with Wolverine the same way Mark Hamill is always "done" voicing the Joker (i.e. always coming back for more).

5 hours ago, crocodile said:

What is funny, and I just realised this yesterday, is that Marvel Comics essentially just killed every single X-Men comic book title. And for the past several years they even rejected any idea of creating any new mutant characters so that Fox doesn't automatically get any rights to those characters. Mutants used to be the most profitable titles so this is quite big.

Karol

They've done the same with Fantastic Four. 

Deadpool still bas 647574858 titles though. 

Marvel comics is going through a really bad phase at the moment. Pretty much everything is awful. None of the Avengers' characters are in any way like their on screen counterparts. I think Thor and Wolverine are still women.

Image is where its at anyway.