Beauty and the Beast (2017 Live Action)

Jay

I wonder if his 1992 Beauty and the Beast score will get an expended treatment (from Intrada) to coincide with the 2017 score. I hope so...that score is high on my list of scores for a complete/expended release.

It's more likely it will get the Legacy Collection treatment in 2016 for the 25th anniversary... assuming the collection continues after 2015.

• 1 month later...

The film will feature the movie's songs but not the Broadway additions; Menken is writing 3 new songs for the film and discusses two of them here:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/447495-alan-menken-talks-two-new-songs-for-disneys-beauty-and-the-beast

Good, I didn't think the Broadway-specific songs were as great as the film's. Except "Human Again", but that was animated and incorporated into the IMAX release a decade later...

I'm curious to know if the songs will feature the exact same lyrics from the animated film or if they'll be modified and adapted somewhat.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 2:08 AM, Stefancos said:

Menken is an idiot! It is not his baby to give! How about the heirs of Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont?

No it is his music. His baby.

I liked Malificent and Cinderella last year was pretty well-done too.

Plus The Jungle Book was just plain awesome by my reckoning.

But with Beauty of the Beast, I'm just not feeling it at all.

I never did particularly like that story. Not sure how that could be made more fun/interesting/exciting (read: Pieter-friendly). :unsure:

Glad to hear these days a trailer for a film with music related to the film...

I'm curious about the film. I liked jungle book, and having menken scoring, the music can be great.

I think this film will be more similar to the original cartoon version than the others. The songs will fit more than in jungle book. Problably there wont be any musical set pieces in the town and battle, but i'm sure that "Be out guest" and "Beauty and the Beast" will be there in full form.

its a physical set from what i read, however the room was CGI in the cartoon, Disney's best IMHO.

Looks good to me, I will be there next March

I wonder if all this is gonna lead into films that have more than one character in them, like the Marvel movies and DC and now Universal has decided to do it with the Monster movies they are creating.

A Disney Shared Universe? Don't we already have Once Upon a Time for that purpose?

That is Disney and had a wide variety of characters.

In fact, I did wonder why they didn't use the same actress who played Belle in there.

A Disney shared universe is a terrible idea. 

In The Little Mermaid, all the fish talk and sing. In Beauty and the Beast, all the platterware talks and sings. 

How do people eat? 

BatB is my all time favorite Disney film including any Pixar films. I hope this film does the cartoon justice.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just think they look too "realistic" and would have preferred a more cartoony look - not that I really care about this movie anyway. 

You do realize I only like 3 out of 7 Star Wars films and didn't even bother to see half the MCU films in the theater right?  You've spent considerably more money on those franchises than I have.