John Williams interview on USA Today

TownerFan

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/movieawards/oscars/story/2012-02-17/john-williams-oscars-soundtrack/53160208/1

Chances are, John Williams' fans listen to his movie scores a lot more than he does, yet even the composer had to turn up the volume for a recent Volkswagen commercial with a dozen dogs barking Darth Vader's Imperial March from The Empire Strikes Back.

As far as the strangest versions of his music go, "I think that takes the record. I got a big kick out of that," Williams says with a chuckle.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link! A few interesting points:

- Lincoln records in May!

- Williams has a collection of antique music stands

- Williams is a Red Socks fan

- the Red Socks sent him a seat from Fenway park

- he and his wife are dog fans/rescuers

Bold below is crucial. Unfortunately, the music industry has not yet come to terms with this.

'The humble Williams may never say so, but Giacchino feels that 50 years from now, historians will look at him as a modern Mozart, another popular musical star of his own era with memorable melodies and an astounding influence. "In those days, you had the church hiring the composers, and now you have the studios hiring the composers," Giacchino says.'

William's Big Pitch :P

:lol:

I would expect it to sound like the beginning of Remembering Childhood from Hook. ;)

Nice article, thanks for sharing.

I would love it if we could get a Ken Burns film about the life of John Williams? Or heck, I would be happy with a Ken Burns film about soundtrack composers in general. Maybe a three part film two hours each.