The Adventures of Tintin SEQUEL Anticipation thread

Muad'Dib

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11665522

Spielberg had this to say about Jackson and Tintin 2 as well as a currently under-wraps film he's involved with.

"Peter was so busy with The Hobbit that it took him away from Tintin and he's doing another film for my company now. It's a secret, nobody knows about it. Then after that he'll do Tintin"

A spokesman for Jackson says he would be happy to talk about the project "at the right time". Spielberg was a producer and his company Dreamworks was the studio behind Jackson's 2009 adaptation of The Lovely Bones.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Let's just say that I didn't enjoy it.

Fair enough. Personal preferences and all that. :music:

1 hour ago, Richard said:

That's a fair comment, Pieter. You have always been one of JWfan's more level-headed posters. I respect you for that.

Thank you very kindly.

Of course in this thread, I may have been slightly over-excited.

But good fun adventure stuff has that effect on me. :lol:

Tintin was a really fun movie and great score, so I hope this sequel gets made, Spielberg is involved (apparently he would be producing, not directing, this time) and Williams scores it. 

You have to wonder if Williams will be able to find the time, though. RPO, SW8, and Indy 5 are basically confirmed, and I'm sure he will do the other films Spielberg directs if he can (KOEM and possibly others including It's What I Do) so he will have a pretty full slate considering his age and his pencil-and-paper composing technique. I hope he can do Tintin 2, but it's no sure thing. 

If Williams doesn't end up doing Tintin 2, I hope Captain Haddock's theme returns anyway.

That one is SO drunken sailorly it becomes brilliant. And not used enough in the first film as far as I'm concerned.

Tintin was great fun when I watched it, but it wasn't very lasting in my memory.  The score is fantastic and was part of a great December for Williams, coupled with War Horse.

I would absolutely love a Jackson/Williams collaboration if it ever came to that, or if Williams was game for it.

However, if Spielberg is anywhere near as accurate at predicting other people's films as he is his own, then.....

• 1 year later...

The books are already written for crying out loud. This should've happened years ago and Williams might have actually scored it.

Doubt he'll have much interest in writing another Tintin score if he's in his 90's when filming wraps.

Indeed I honestly don't understand why this has been taking so long.

I hope Williams does end up writing the music, but even if not, I'll settle for a good score that follows in its footsteps.

There are several composers who could pull it off, like James Newton Howard, David Arnold or Alan Silvestri.

Any of those would be a pretty solid choice.

On 3/24/2018 at 1:09 PM, crumbs said:

The books are already written for crying out loud. This should've happened years ago and Williams might have actually scored it.

With Jackson directing, I doubt Williams will have managed to score this, anyway. Most directors let the composer do his thing and maybe ask for changes to a cue here or a theme there. Jackson, on the other hand, is sitting through the entire recording sessions and constantly calls for changes until the music fits his vision.

Williams doesn’t work like that.

19 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

With Jackson directing, I doubt Williams will have managed to score this, anyway. Most directors let the composer do his thing and maybe ask for changes to a cue here or a theme there. Jackson, on the other hand, is sitting through the entire recording sessions and constantly calls for changes until the music fits his vision.

Williams doesn’t work like that.

Imagine if they'd try and Williams wouldn't quite cooperate! Maybe Jackson would learn something....

1 hour ago, filmmusic said:

Please, not another Williams Tintin.

Aren't Star Warses and Indiana Joneses enough?

what's wrong with you guys? :lol:

(well, at least he was wise enough to leave Harry Potter early on)

giphy.gif

I thought the original agreement was Spielberg and his core group of people handle the first film and Jackson and his core group of people handle the second film. That means Shore will score it, and if he is unwilling, then likely Spielberg will suggest Silvestri, considering Williams probably wont be bothered in 5 years or whenever it will come out.

Tintin 2 is going to be interesting.

Although Spielberg will be the co-exec., or something, it will definitely be Jackson's film. He'll want to put his own stamp on it, and I'm not sure if he'd take kindly to any artistic "suggestions", especially from somebody who still has a lot of clout, in Hollywood.

Also, in 2025, JW will be 93 years old. I hope that, by then, he will be sunning himself on a beach in the Bahamas, earning 20%.

24 minutes ago, Richard said:

If Jackson is directing the Tintin sequel, then Shore, I can assure you, will go nowhere near that film.

Did things really deteriorate THAT badly between them?

I really wonder what could have happened.

Their collaboration resulted in two Oscars, so clearly they were doing well at some point.

There are people who know a lot more than me about this, but I think it's all mixed up with KING KONG.

The old "creative differences'" covers a lot of ground, and I get the impression that Jackson needed to swallow quite a bit of humble pie, if he wanted Shore to score THE HOBBIT, which kinda put him over a barrel.

I hope that they are at least friendly, even if they are no longer friends.