Hello JWFAN,

10627912_10203561605993908_507687568_o_z

This event is now SOLD OUT!

I believe this is my first post though I've been a lurking for 11 years. I mostly post on the FSM board under drivingmissdaisy.

I wanted to announce my 5th Annual FFM event. You may have heard about our previous events in which we had the likes of John Debney, Richard M. Sherman, Graeme Revell, William Ross, John Ottman, Stu Phillips, Tyler Bates, Brian Tyler, Christopher Young and about 30 other wonderful composers.

If you are interested in coming email me and I can give you more info on how to request seats which I'll start doing in a couple of weeks. My email is peter@fansoffilmmusic.com. Ask me any questions you may have.

This year is composers:

Murray Gold

Benjamin Wallfish

Nathan Furst

Chris Bacon

Abel Korzeniowski

Charles Bernstein

Buck Sanders

Heitor Pereira

Geoff Zanelli

Alf Clausen

Brian Reitzel

Hummie Mann

Richard Band

Mark Isham

Blake Neely

NEWFFM5_Clausen_CS2_zpsb7bbc5a9.jpg
Sanders_zps0851f42a.jpg
Bernstein_zps97ac69aa.jpg

Photo Credit For Murray Gold's banner is Phil Watkins.

NEWFFM5Banner_Gold_zpsafdda957.jpg

Clausen_zps77f90ec8.jpg

Isham_zps2bade3b0.jpg

Mann_zpsd3f54d42.jpg

NEWFFM5Banner_Reitzell_zps554d9da4.jpg

Zanneli_zpscf260c07.jpg

Furst_zps29ef6efd.jpg

Neely_zps229aab1c.jpg

Band_zps6b739ce9.jpg

Korzinski_zps8d1e6119.jpg

Wallfisch_zps081e9913.jpg

Bacon_zpsdd9221e8.jpg

Los Angeles. I believe they've booked a scoring stage this year -- not for a recording, but for "mood".

I attended Peter's event in 2012, and it was great. It's not something I'll be able to participate in every year, but if he manages to keep going, I will probably return at some point.

Each year I say it's going to be my last just because it's a LOT of work, yet I do it because I love film music. This will be in Glendale California at a gorgeous stage. I saw it before I committed and it's a lovely place. I hope you come back Thor!!

Any questions just ask me here or in my email which is in my original post :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just Added:

This man has scored the longest-running American sitcom, the longest-running American animated program, and in 2009 it surpassed Gunsmoke as the longest-running American scripted primetime television series. I am talking about THE SIMPSONS! And on a funny note, Alf scored one of my favorite shows as a kid, "Alf" on NBC. Alf scored "Alf!" We welcome Alf Clausen to Fans of Film Music 5!

Mr. Alf Clausen

Clausen_zps77f90ec8.jpg

AND

We're glad this man lives close to THE PACIFIC so he can join us on August 30th for FFM5! Welcome Geoff Zanelli!

Mr. Geoff Zanelli

Zanneli_zpscf260c07.jpg

Just Added:

Aaron Zigman was set to come to our 2nd Annual event, but had to cancel at the last minute, unfortunately. He is now ready to COME BACK! Thanks Aaron for returning to FFM5!

Aaron Zigman!

Zigman_zps6f589e52.jpg

JUST ADDED:

Brian Reitzell who is scoring TV's Hannibal and has scored Boss, Lost In Translation, 30 Days of Night and several other projects.

Welcome Brian!

NEWFFM5Banner_Reitzell_zps554d9da4.jpg

HANNIBAL is intriguing as a 'sound design'-type score in the series, but I wouldn't listen to it on album if you paid me!

Just Added:

Hummie Mann who has been one of Hollywood's LEAD orchestrator's for decades as well as a great composer on his own right. My personal favorite is, Year of the Comet.

Mann_zpsd3f54d42.jpg

and

Mark Isham who's brilliant Americana score, A River Runs Through It, still get's played regularly by me. And both of these gentlemen are extremely KIND!

Isham_zps2bade3b0.jpg

TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

The 5th Annual Fans of Film Music Celebration is now taking seat requests!

We are going to be on an actual SOUND STAGE! Have you ever wanted to go on an actual sound stage where they actually RECORD all the music we buy? This year you get that chance! The Bridge Recording Facility in Glendale is opening their doors to us. Many shows have had some of their music recorded there like: Bear McCreary’s THE CAPE, the 500th episode of THE SIMPSONS by Alf Clausen, Mark Isham’s ONCE UPON A TIME, Ramin Djawadi’s PERSON OF INTEREST, DEXTER by Daniel Licht, AMC’s THE WALKING DEAD by Bear McCreary, REVENGE by iZler and Gustavo Borner, BLACK SAILS by Bear McCreary, HAWAII 5-0 by Brian Tyler, RESURRECTION by Blake Neely, CRAZY STUPID LOVE by Christophe Beck, SOURCE CODE by Chris Bacon, X-MEN: FIRST CLASS by Henry Jackman, THE BOURNE LEGACY by James Newton Howard, HIGH GROUND by Chris Bacon, THE JERSEY BOYS by Clint Eastwood, A MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST by Joel McNeely and many many more.

Friday August 29th, Henry and Nancy Stanny are pleased to once again invite FFM attendees to their home on Friday evening , which coincidentally is a celebration of Henry's birthday, with it's theme honoring 10 years of the Golden State Pops Orchestra. Henry & Nancy will be providing food and drinks, so come join the celebration! This will be a great place to unwind and relax after flying in from where ever you came from!

Saturday August 30th, there will be two panels with around seven or eight composers on each panel. Following that, we’ll again have an autograph signing with the composers. You will have the ability to get over 40 NEW autographs. The list of composers we have on board right now are: Alf Clausen, Nathan Furst, Chris Bacon, Abel Korzeniowski, Geoff Zanelli, Brian Reitzell, Hummie Mann, Richard Band, Mark Isham, Aaron Zigman and Blake Neely. More will be announced as we get closer. Many composers can’t commit until we are closer to the date as they are super busy creating more great music for us all to enjoy! Our excellent hosts this year will be SUPER agent, Richard Kraft from Kraft & Engel Management and the host of On The Score at FilmMusicMag.com, Daniel Schweiger.

We will have a multitude of raffle items from various composers like Danny Elfman, Bill Conti, Laurence Rosenthal, Edwin Wendler, Nathan Furst, John Ottman, Bear McCreary and possible a few more goodies!

Varèse Sarabande Records is helping us celebrate our 5th Anniversary by giving one lucky winner a year FREE of Club Discs! From August 30th 2014 through August 30th 2015, ONE lucky winner will receive one copy of EVERY single Club Disc that is released. At this point, we have NO idea how many great releases Robert Townson has in store for us, but whatever he gets out to us all, you will receive ONE free copy. This cannot be transferred to another person during that one year. Shipping IS included as well!

David Newman is again donating backstage passes to FFM5 with ALL proceeds going to The American Youth Symphony, http://aysymphony.org. Four lucky winners will follow me backstage after his August 31st concert at the Hollywood Bowl, which is called The Big Picture: Hitchcock! Winning a backstage pass gets you backstage ONLY. You still need to buy your ticket that gets you into the actual concert. Raffle tickets for this will cost $5.00 per ticket. So, if you spend $20.00, you’ll get four tickets/four chances of winning a backstage pass. If you spend $10, you’ll get two tickets/chances to win a backstage pass.

I am also looking at creating a commemorative program, which each guest will receive.

We will also have wonderful goodie bags donated by the great guys at La-La Land Records. We will also have a few goodies from other labels as well. Still working out all those details!

Sunday, August 31st, Creature Features and The Fans of Film Music Society are coming together to give you even MORE composers! We’ll have another great composer signing at their store in Burbank that will be open to anyone and everyone. Details of that event, composers, online orders etc. are still being finalized. We are tentatively looking at a 1-3 time frame, which will still give all of you plenty of time to have dinner and get to David Newman’s concert at the Bowl if you are attending.

I have not planned anything for Monday September 1st, but if folks are still in town and you want me to arrange a lunch or something, I can pick a spot where we can all relax and talk about the fun weekend we just had. Give me feedback on that!

The cost of the Saturday event with 15 or so composers, over 40 new autographs and a catered lunch is $30. ALL proceeds go into putting this massive event on. Seating has been limited in the past and this year, we have fewer seats because of the space at The Bridge Recording Studio in Glendale. If you want to attend, I cannot stress enough, EMAIL ME ASAP.

Email me, peter@ fansoffilmmusic.com. BEFORE EMAILING, remove the SPACE between the @ sign and the letter “f.”

www.fansoffilmmusic.com For More Info!

A few items for our FFM5 raffle kindly donated by composer, Nathan Furst!

These are NOT copies but the actual score cues with a few hand written notes by Nathan. These were used by Nathan on the days they recorded each cue. These are NOT just the front pages of the score cues but every note every instrument every page. 5m25 is 25 pages long, WOW!! The other cue wasn't even used in the film so it's unreleased and autographed!

He is also donating two autographed copies of his OUT OF PRINT score, "Dust To Glory."

August 30th can't come soon enough!! Fans, you are going to just love meeting Nathan!

10500338_10152568338661323_1014346617235

10351472_10152568348741323_5534018728272

10517560_10152568348796323_6565754498293

10425429_10152568348856323_3933246230079

10489627_10152568348921323_4554759619967

10491283_10152568348971323_5594477364176

10399985_10152568349036323_5932002575149

We are excited to see that the DOCTOR will be in the house for Fans of Film Music 5!!!

Welcome Murray Gold!

Photo credit for Murray Gold's photo is Phil Watkins.

Gold_zpse58831ec.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The man who gave Freddy that creepy theme, WELCOME Mr. Charles Bernstein!

Bernstein_zps97ac69aa.jpg

AND

We are equally excited to announce an Oscar nominated composer for The Hurt Locker, Mr. Buck Sanders!

Sanders_zps0851f42a.jpg

URGENT Fans Of Film Music UPDATE!!!!!

Aaron Zigman can not make it because of a scoring commitment.

Another stellar composer will take Aaron's spot.

On to the good news....

StreamNOTE_zps6c844ea1.png

SigningAug31_zps039058cc.png

More composers will be added as we get closer!

Online orders WILL happen. Stay tuned to either here or the website, www.creaturefeatures.com, or Facebook for more info on what CD's will be available to order online.

More raffled items donated by the great Hummie Mann and boy are these babies RARE! We will have three each of these to raffle off at FFM5 this Saturday!

10621470_10152360494344503_1789872863_o_

10585324_10152360494349503_1398632997_o_

10580944_10152360499209503_7939996810695

• 2 weeks later...

Watch the entire two panels on youtube!

Thanks BIMVID for streaming this!

www.bimvid.com

Did you miss this years Fans of Film Music 5? Watch it here on Youtube!
Panel One
Panel Two
MANY thanks to BIMVID for streaming this for all the fans throughout the world!