War Horse Blu-ray Featurette

Not Mr. Big

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was disappointing. I don't think we got anything new from Williams, and just a paraphrase of Spielberg's liner notes in the OST. Oh well.

Is this really all they have on the Blu-ray release about the score? If so then it is rather disappointing.

There's also that short clip of the sound editor praising the score. You would think that for what Spielberg has called JW's best score in a long time, there would be more than a one minute interview.

Hi,

I have it on good authority from the marketing people that this is the intro to a feature that runs about 10 minutes and there is a title plate that comes up on the last note of that intro. :sigh:

• 4 weeks later...

Could someone please upload the full featurette?

I do not have a Blu-ray player, nor can afford one, and therefore do not have War Horse on Blu-ray (I have the DVD).

Could someone please upload the full featurette?

I do not have a Blu-ray player, nor can afford one, and therefore do not have War Horse on Blu-ray (I have the DVD).

The full score featurette will not be available on DVD, then?

Won't there be a 2-disc special edition DVD or something?

It IS not available on DVD.

As of right now, there is no 2-disc special edition DVD, not my knowledge anyway.

Will someone please answer my question?

• 2 weeks later...

This is NOT the full featurette.

That is why I asked for someone to upload the full version.

This is NOT the full featurette.

That is why I asked for someone to upload the full version.

Just keep demanding it. I'm sure someone will bow to your imperiousness eventually.

I am not demanding it.

I am only asking if someone could upload the full featurette. That is all.

Oh, and where do you go about calling me imperious,

when I am only asking in a common, calm, and polite way?

It would be nice if someone could share* it, really.

I dont have a BR player either, and im planing to buy the DVD. There is not going to be a 2 disc edition? Damn :/

BTW the DVD is set to be released 27th june here so it's a long time even if i could buy a Bluray...

*a description of it ;)

My Blu-Ray just came today, which is cool since the release date was this day and I have it already here in Finland.

Ordered it from England, very good service.

The sad thing is, there isn't any featurette about music... :crymore: :crymore: :crymore:

I couldn't find it. There was one 20 minutes "making of" feature and I "fast-forwarded" it and didn't see any

sign of that teaser.

Well I just came from work, little bit drunk, have to check it again...

Here's a comprehensive review of the War Horse Blu-ray:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/War-Horse-Blu-ray/35836/#Review

The JW featurette is this:

Editing & Scoring (HD, 9 minutes): Editor Michael Kahn and composer John Williams discuss their personal attachment to the story, their work on the film, and their ongoing collaboration with Spielberg (who weighs in on their efforts as well).

My Blu-Ray just came today, which is cool since the release date was this day and I have it already here in Finland.

Ordered it from England, very good service.

The sad thing is, there isn't any featurette about music... :crymore: :crymore: :crymore:

You joker! :lol:

I saw the film last night - rather impressive. Story moves rather slow, but I felt it worked. Ending is pure Spielberg sentimental mush, but effective mush.

Does the featurette have anything except Spielberg saying how amazing Williams' music is, and Williams saying how Spielberg didn't dislike any of his ideas?

These two gents badly need to be interviewed with some real questions.

I was only half paying attention when I watched it, and that was a month ago. But it had some nice scoring stage footage and raw recordings, like you hear the actual sound from the stage and not the finished track overlaid on the footage. Rehearsal with the strings on No Man's Land. It also has a full orchestra performance of much of No Man's Land that proves that the film version of the cue has either an insert or is a different version altogether, that extra part that's in the film is not something that was micro-edited out of the full track.

He mentions that he wrote several different versions of Dartmoor, 1912 - the final version with the flute solo is apparently the most subtle and restrained version.