Blu-ray News and Deals

Quintus

Ordered this baby today:

517180_01.JPG

I ordered it from HMV because as a Hmv Exclusive, a set of artcards is supposed to come with the boxset.

Man, lucky whoever can be in London this coming Monday ... Check this out:

The James Bond Blu-ray arrives at HMV Oxford Street, London.

hmv Oxford Circus, London - Mon 24 September at 10.07pm

Iconic Bond girl Britt Ekland (Mary Goodnight, THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN) will arrive in style at HMV in the Aston Martin DBS from QUANTUM OF SOLACE, followed by classic villain Richard Kiel (Jaws, MOONRAKER, SPY WHO LOVED ME), who will meet visitors and present one lucky Bond fan with a signed golden briefcase, containing all of the films.

You're being unfair to the Back to the Future sequels, they're still watchable, and I enjoy them very much. The others you listed aren't.

Actually, the second film is fantastic. One of the best sequels of all time.

Ordered this baby today:

517180_01.JPG

OMG! You're rich!! I didn't know that..

Oh come on :D I've been working for 8 years now so I guess I can afford 90 pounds to buy my very probably favourite boxset of all time! :) Well it sure ain't cheap, I'll give you that alright but if I could only buy one boxset in life and/or take it to a desert island, this would be it. I take my 007 obsession very seriously! :D

So you expect it to be listed for roughy $4 a film. Enjoy your wait for that.

So you expect it to be listed for roughy $4 a film. Enjoy your wait for that.

well, i think I can live without the Bond BLurays for another year.

After all, I managed to live 32 years without them, didn't I? ROTFLMAO

This just in! The Bond 50 box set will be sold for only $149.99 at Best Buy next week!

Source: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/604914-best-buy-ad-09-23-09-29-12-a.html

That's $6.18/film!!!

It will also be $169.99 at Target next week

Source: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/604915-target-ad-09-23-09-29-12-a.html

That's $7.27/film

No word yet on if Amazon will lower their price on Tuesday. Likely they won't lower it until Wednesday, so everyone who pre-ordered will still be charged $179.99, but they can compete with Best Buy's pricing for most of the week

The Bond 50 box set is not a box that holds 23 normal blu ray cases, its a special wide "book" format where the discs are stored in the "pages", like the Star Wars box set

See:

81mcifevgrlaa1500.jpg

I only want On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, The Spy Who Loved Me, and a couple of Connery films, and maybe For Your Eyes Only.

No word yet on if Amazon will lower their price on Tuesday. Likely they won't lower it until Wednesday, so everyone who pre-ordered will still be charged $179.99, but they can compete with Best Buy's pricing for most of the week

Amazon will actually refund you the difference if the price lowers, and look, it's now $150. It doesn't say that it includes the limited edition book though, like it did before.

Either way I cancelled my old order and re-pre-ordered. Only paying $108 now. Yip yip!

I picked up Indy yesterday at Target. It came with 5 lithographs. I did not hear about any other stores giving something with the set.

it was onsale Saturday at Amazon for 45 bucks.

The Harry Potter Year Seven Ultimate Edition was released Tuesday as a Target Exclusive, it includes both Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 and 2. It's 6 discs. Not sure if there are any other extra's not on the original blu releases. Some reports said it included disc 31 of the massive Harry Potter collection but that was in error.

Is it supposed to look like that or is this another case of changing the colors around like Raiders, Star Wars, French Connection, Titanic, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek Generations etc.

FOr anyone here that missed the Twilight Time 3000 limited release of Night of the Living Dead, perhaps you can try again in a couple of weeks!

many copies will be returned! :mrgreen:

Whew, thank you for the warning, I was just about to order this BR today or tomorrow! :blink:

FOr anyone here that missed the Twilight Time 3000 limited release of Night of the Living Dead, perhaps you can try again in a couple of weeks!

many copies will be returned! :mrgreen:

Whew, thank you for the warning, I was just about to order this BR today or tomorrow! :blink:

well, you couldn't order it because it's OOP.

But since many as they say will return their copies, it won't be anymore.

@E.T. & Elliot

We don't know yet. there is a long talk about this with people complaining..

In a few days we will know if the master that was delivered to Twilight time was a result of a creative decision on the part of the creators, or an error in the transfer. (probably the first)

here's a comparison video! Well, we're talking about another movie!

I wonder what does the script say: EXTERIOR DAY or EXTERIOR NIGHT?

Also the new Terminator Bluray has caused a lot of trouble! And i so wanted to buy it! :(

But now, it's gone to the teal side (bluish-green) (like the Aliens Bluray).

And doesn't include the original mono track, but only the new one with the altered sound FX.

t1comparison1.png

Cameron's Terminator films have never gotten a proper transfer, yet they release a new edition every other year. I don't get it.

The 2006 BLuray wasn't good in terms of clarity and detail. (it doesn't show in the above screenshots)

Now it IS, BUT they messed up the colors!

And of course no original audio track again!

Cameron's Terminator films have never gotten a proper transfer, yet they release a new edition every other year. I don't get it.

The 2006 BLuray wasn't good in terms of clarity and detail. (it doesn't show in the above screenshots)

Now it IS, BUT they messed up the colors!

And of course no original audio track again!

:folder:

Does no one revise these things?

well, the change of the colors etc, is not caused by an error in transfer (in which a revision would fix the problem), but for artistic purposes most times.

Apparently Cameron wasn't happy with how the film looked for more than 25 years and he decided that he likes teal better..

Of course, changes in color cause a change in the aesthetics of the film.

The original version was colder and more rigid!