The Official "The Walking Dead" TV Show Discussion Thread (Beware Spoilers)

BLUMENKOHL

I came back to check if this show is worth getting back into...doesn't sound like it!

better than ever. Really good episode this past week.

Not formulaic at all. So different than it was.

Well the show did drag the bar down a great deal with Slabtown and the others in the Atlanta psycho hospital, while the last two post-Tyrese ones have been good.

I do like how Rick will put his foot down and insist one thing, but a strong argument against will change his mind. Glenn and Michonne both get props for that, and if the episode was five minutes longer, I think she would have kissed Rick.

I see that happening soon to.

The reason I say it's not formulaic is it's avoided tendencies this 2nd half so far.

How many went ewww when Aaron and Eric kissed?

Andrew Lincoln said it's great that even in a zombie apocalypse gay love survives.

However the reality is in a zombie Apocalypse people got to start making babies.

I didn't.

Perhaps that's the point. Everyone is living in a zombie apocalypse, but Aaron in his safe zone community, even after less than two years in story, is detached from the horrors outside. He feels safe and doesn't see a need to become a father to a baby he doesn't want to make. The man doesn't want to eat a manly food like applesauce, he's definitely not going to compromise himself for a woman.

Additionally, I heard children laughter in the community as Rick sat there at the gate. We didn't see kids so they could have been hallucinations like his S3 phone calls. But if they're real, the community has enough children and they're not in baby making mode yet, which drains resources.

• 2 weeks later...

I only knew who you were because of our past conversations

So far the return after the break has been very strong IMO. Not much action, but riveting scenes behind the false safety of the latest set of protective fencing.

During the first season of The Walking Dead, and I believe part of the second, they had scattered flashbacks to the origins of the event. I enjoyed those and had expected them to continue throughout the show. Obviously they didn't.

I hope this show does better with its storytelling, because I'm done with the original.

I don't remember that at all.

Tonight's episode features a horrific and painful death.

It was very bothersome.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, didn't see that little twist coming at the end of the latest episode. Seems very out of character for Michonne, so the follow up episode better reveal bloody good reasoning for her actions. This has been one of the best seasons so far, the social interactions, it's fascinating stuff.

I think it makes perfect sense for Michonne to have decked Rick upside the head. She wants to stay at Alexandria. She wants to make it work. Rosita remarked on that when she and Michonne went looking for Sasha: Michonne left her katana at home, taking only a knife. She's becoming domesticated. And right now, Rick acting unhinged is a threat to that process. She doesn't want to go back out into the wild, or be exiled by association, or see Rick start shooting people. She defuses the situation, both for the reason I explained and because it's her civilized role as the other police officer to do.

If anything, I thought that by the end of this past episode, Rick is becoming Shane. He's fallen for another man's wife. That's rather unfortunate that it's going down like this when Michonne was available for the past two seasons, but he's only now showing interest in the hot blonde.

And why? I don't think that Carol's evidence is all that damning, at least it wasn't until he confronted the battered wife and got her story. Remember, this is the same Carol who killed people in the prison just for being sick, and Rick exiled her, but now he's taking advice from her on who lives and dies just because she knows a thing or two about being a battered wife? Rick is losing it again.

All very good points Woj, but Michonne knows and understands the brutality of the real world beyond the flimsy walls of her latest safe zone as well as Rick and Glenn do. She ought to know that 'civilisation' is still a dangerous pipe dream. And that's without taking her bonding with and utter trust in Rick into consideration.

It was out of character.

But maybe the finale will reveal very good reasoning behind what she did. If not I'm gonna be very disappointed.

Well, this is the same Michonne who thinks it's a really bad thing that Sasha has a suicidal streak when it comes to killing walkers by herself at impossible odds. Sasha did it on the road a few episodes back, just after Tyrese died, and Michonne tried to talk her down. Now she's outside the wall with a great gun, and Michonne still thinks it's bad.

Why? What is Sasha hurting? This is how she's coping losing three brothers so far this season, well, one brother, one boyfriend, and one kid, all black, but I digress. She's working out her grief and frustration with a self destructive streak of killing walkers, which Michonne is taking offense to and trying to stop.

Truthfully, I don't know if that aspect of Michonne, the previously femme nikita ninja zombie killer, is out of character or just the way the writers are taking her, which I don't like.

So of course, Michonne can't go super soft on self destructive Sasha but let Officer Friendly threaten the whole group with a gun. It's dumb but that's the new Michonne.

I don't think that a town with no surgeon or a surgeon who's beaten into a coma is safer than a town with a surgeon who drinks and beats his wife and kid. And Michonne recognized that Rick is out of line because killing the wife beating surgeon makes the town weak.

Makes sense since the show is at the beginning of the event.

No one to blame but yourself for opening up a thread about a currently airing TV show if you haven't seen the latest aired episode

Good finale to one of the strongest seasons overall. Riveting stuff!

Ya it was good. It sucks that it took the death of Deanna's husband to finally make Deanna realize that Rick was right. It was nice to see Morgan too again and he kicked ass with that bo-staff (walking stick). Morgan and Michonne would make a kick ass fighting team.

It's about the start of the zombie outbreak, on the opposite side of the continent. So few opportunities for characters to crossover, and just a lot of arbitrary backstory that nobody really asked for but will take. Amazing because Scott Gimple's regret is the first season finale in the CDC, because it told too much. Now here comes a show about that plus more.

I'm cautious, but maybe it'll be a hit.