Brian Tyler & Danny Elfman - The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Jay

The Amazon links now report the release has been pushed back two whole weeks, from Tuesday April 28 to Tuesday May 12th.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UHJ7DWW/

Since Tyler's score was recorded way back in January, I have to assume the only reason to delay it would be because they are making a new album master that incorporates Elfman's music too.

Fully agreed with you.

Or even a 2 disc set, where both composer arranged albums are sold together.

Yes! A 2cd would be the best alternative. I am sure there would be complications though with the credit as Elfman got the "additional music" credit.

All we know is that was his credit at the time that poster was printed up. Maybe at the time they thought he was adding 5-10 minutes of music, and now that he's done an hour the credit is different. Who knows.

(I would predict that credit will remain in the film exactly as it is on that poster, though)

Yes, Tyler will probably get the main credit. According to IMDB, the movie is150 minutes long so maybe it will be 50/50 Tyler/Elfman.

With Elfman working on Ultron, I can't but wonder if he'll end up doing Spider-Man in the future...

The Dark Knight, Frozen, and The Amazing Spider-man 2 as well.

Yea, I would guess originally it was going to be a 1CD set with just Tyler's intended album arrangement based on the January recording sessions......... but now it could possibly be a 2CD set featuring Tyler and Elfman's work. Who knows.

WaterTower Records has definitely been the best at making 2CD OSTs out the gate - all 3 Hobbit scores, Man of Steel, Interstellar, Jupiter Ascending, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, etc.

I wonder if Mad Max 4, Man from UNCLE, In The Heart of the Sea, or Point Break will get 2CD sets. Probably not becaus the compsers aren't as big as Zimmer or Giacchino or Shore

All we know is this:

From the FSM thread

More speculation! Elfman alluded to recording a week ago and this is a Facebook post from Elfman's to-go-to music editor a week ago.

Shie Rozow

7 March at 00:50 ·

Just finished one of the most intense & quick projects of my entire career. I was music editing - about an hour of music composed, recorded, mixed, conformed to new pix and delivered in 24 grueling days! I think I've earned a nap

An hour of Elfman cues... Wow. Must have replaced half of Tyler's score or more.

Maybe the guy misspoke or rounded up, who knows

New credit for Elfman:

HJanuL6.jpg

Source

So from "Music by Brian Tyler / Additional Music by Danny Elfman" to just "Music By Brian Tyler Danny Elfman"

The next TV spot will be "Music By Danny Elfman Brian Tyler"

And the final credit will be "Music By Danny Elfman"

:P

Interesting they list their names next to each other like than, and not "Music By Brian Tyler & Danny Elfman". I guess because they didn't collaborate, the film just features separate scores from both of them.

Hopefully they each get a disc to make their own presentation of their material for the official OST.

Looking that that credit block, I'm kinda surprised Hemsworth gets billed before Evans, and Johannson gets billed so far down after both of them and Ruffalo.

Why isn't Tom Hiddleston credited?

Hopefully they each get a disc to make their own presentation of their material for the official OST.

I wouldn't count on it. We probably will just see Tyler's music.

I would have thought that before the new credit, but now it seems that the OST definitely will:

1. First we had the report Elfman wrote an hour of music

2. Then the OST release got pushed back by TWO weeks

3. Now Elfman is getting the same credit as Tyler is.

All signs point to a OST with both composer's material.

They used her on Agents of SHIELD to show how Hydra had been infiltrating SHIELD for decades in a flashback, so this might be something along those lines too. Though I dunno what she would have gotten up to in the 40s-60s that would have to do with Ultron.

Ha!

I suspect the digital version will still be available in a few weeks, but with the reworking of the OST to include Elfman's material, there won't be enough pressed CDs to start selling it until the middle of May. Just my guess.

They might still be deciding on the track list! No samples until that is decided, then approved, then mastered, then passed through the marketing department!