What is the weirdest thing you have done in behalf of John WIlliams or film scores?

Luke Skywalker

Well here are mine...

First and foremost, the already known buying of HooK.

I go out of a camping in one of south spain natural parks, at 22:00 in the night, in the search of unicor....cellphone coberture, went alongside the road though a forest with a head lamp and my laptop, about 1 or 2 kilometers. I found a good place, and bought it after 20 minutes and several tries because coberture was erratic... :P

And the second one i just made a few days ago.

I presented a paper-Thesis to finish my Master in Wildlife Management. And in the acknowledgments (this is the most difficult word in english! :lol: ) part I wrote:

"And lastly, a 'special' mention to John Williams and Michael Giacchino, whose film soundtracks have amenised my trips to the field, laboratory works and the long hours of writing the present thesis"

Aside from using the Trajan pro font (pretty popular in the 'Music composed and conducted by John Williams' credits in some OST covers) in the cover of the thesis ;)

Well, what are yours? How far have you gone in your Williams/film score freaky love?

after Attack of the Clones I practiced Santaria, sacrificed some chickens, goats, lambs, not a newborn child, definately not a newborn, in hopes that the next Star Wars prequel would be better. As you can tell my efforts were in vain. I knew I shoulda used the newborn.

after Attack of the Clones I practiced Santaria, sacrificed some chickens, goats, lambs, not a newborn child, definately not a newborn, in hopes that the next Star Wars prequel would be better. As you can tell my efforts were in vain. I knew I shoulda used the newborn.

i think you should have sacrificed twice as much. since half of ROTS is decent, according to someone... ;)

Remember those John Williams shirts that Ray Barnsbury made a few years ago? I bought one of those.

I think this was one of those:

Yup, that's the one I'm talking about! Unfortunately my shirt shrunk really quickly and now it's too small.

Leave the Shouty Clown be! He's sensitive!

And great pic Hornist! I always wanted one of those shirts. Those are the ones with the ET, Jaws and Raiders themes on them right? I think I'll buy one of those soon.

I'm really wracking my brain here trying to think of weird things that I've done with soundtracks, but I can't think of any.

I used Williams' music in two videos that I had to co-produce in high school. The first used "Also Sprach Zarathustra" for the introductory credits (not Williams but film-ish via 2001), but then used JP and Jaws music throughout the video, before using the final drum beats to the end of Cantina Band for the closing credits. The second video simply used "The Map Room: Dawn" for the introduction credits. But that's not weird. I really need to convert both tapes to DVD before the technology breaks and/or decays.

Remember those John Williams shirts that Ray Barnsbury made a few years ago? I bought one of those.

372_33510289541_7109_n.jpg

what's the secret recipe behind your incredibly soft looking hair?

372_33510289541_7109_n.jpg

Love this shirt! Where'd you get it?

I ran after his limo in New York. I did get an enthusiastic wave out of it not an autograph but I'll take it!

Sorry I actually don't remember what site it was, our member Ray Barnsbury designed those for some net company.

I definitely wanted to rebuy a new shirt, since I ruined this one with too high temperature in washing machine. :crymore:

This is going to sound really weird, I think, but it takes the cake for my feelings. I don't mind sharing it either, to tell you the truth.

I did two things regarding John Williams-related memoribilia for my crush in high school (we never did get together, unfortunately; it's a long story):

-I played the End Credits from Born on the Fourth of July, from memory and which I personally dedicated to my crush, on piano for our high school band's talent show at camp. They absolutely adored it. Although it was probably and personally the scariest thing I think I ever did back then, it turned out to be the best night of my life regardless of circumstances.

-On Valentine's Day this year, I gave them a CD of John Williams themes I personally mixed together to describe how I felt about them and our friendship as a whole.

So there you go, I suppose.

I ran after his limo in New York. I did get an enthusiastic wave out of it not an autograph but I'll take it!

Here's the link for the shirt: http://www.zazzle.com/williams_76_dark_t_shirt-235530740799412924

Here's the link for the shirt: http://www.zazzle.co...530740799412924

Excellent, thank you!