The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

I eagerly await the day that the Marvel/DC empire falls to ruin!

On that joyous morning, the bells shall ring, and we shall rejoice!

And from the ashes, a phoenix will be reborn, and it's name shall be called...

Dark Horse Studios.

And from the ashes, a phoenix will be reborn, and it's name shall be called...

Dark Horse Studios.

I'd be interested in a film series based on my favorite Dark Horse property, "Star Wars."

So Cumberbatch is confirmed as Strange, huh?

This guy is sweeping iconic roles left and right, holy crap!

Sherlock Holmes, Khan, Julian Assange, Smaug, Sauron, Doctor Strange, Shere Khan ...

So Cumberbatch is confirmed as Strange, huh?

This guy is sweeping iconic roles left and right, holy crap!

Khan, Shere Khan ...

Twice?

;)

I can live with that and it makes some sense, even though it's purely motivated by money. How are we supposed to believe that the Chitauri invaded Spider-Man's home city, but he was nowhere to be found to help? He was in another part and we never saw him? Sloppy. Out of town, maybe. But not Spider-Man yet? Perfect.

I can live with that and it makes some sense, even though it's purely motivated by money. How are we supposed to believe that the Chitauri invaded Spider-Man's home city, but he was nowhere to be found to help? He was in another part and we never saw him? Sloppy. Out of town, maybe. But not Spider-Man yet? Perfect.

Didn't The Avengers come out before The Amazing Spider-Man?

It depends on if Marvel decides to reboot with a new origin within the confines of a post-Avengers reality, or if they have an already fully realized Spidey. If it's the latter then they have some explaining to do about where he's been or what he's been doing. If it's the former, then it may be interesting to see how this universe informs his motivations to become a superhero (maybe no Uncle Ben story).

Didn't The Avengers come out before The Amazing Spider-Man?
That's irrelevant with respect to our own timeline. Inside each film's continuity, the other does not exist. Spider-Man doesn't live in a world with the Avengers, and in the MCU, there is no Spider-Man.

Yet.

Imagine how complicated it would get if, for whatever reason, an imbecile inherited FOX and decided to sell the X-Men franchise to Marvel, or if they legitimately collaborated. It wouldn't work. In the X-Men film franchise, we've seen time and again over decades of story, if you're not a normal human, you're a mutant, and people will fear you. There is no such thing as a superhero that we've been shown. And the MCU Avengers are doing a good job at identifying the special individuals who could join the team, not the thousands and thousands of mutants we've seen identified in Cerebro, all of whom are potential Avengers or foes.

It's not the director change that bothers me, but the fact that Henry Jackman will score these gives me the shivers. He messed up Captain America: Winter Soldier badly -- plenty of opportune moments to reference Silvestri's theme -- and he didn't do it. And the underscore wasn't that much better.

The Spider-Man news makes me smile though. Apparently the Spidey Summit in January was planned before the massive leak, but it should be interesting to see how this goes come February.

I hope they still will direct Captain America 3 because Winter Soldier was quite good.

I hope they still will direct Captain America 3 because Winter Soldier was quite good.

What are you talking about? Of course they are directing Cap 3!

• 2 weeks later...

Details of the POTENTIAL Sony/Marvel potential universe merger:

If Spider-Man appears in Captain America: Civil War, Sony will produce 25% of that film. This also means that Marvel will produce 25% of the next solo Spider-Man, which is said to be released in July of 2017. This deal will also allow Sony to use only two of Marvel's roster in their films and continue the plot from Civil War to make the universe connect well. It appears that Spidey will join the rest of our beloved pals in Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 in 2018, then another solo Spidey film in 2019.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/12/20/marvel-and-sony-might-finally-have-a-deal-2530167

Still just a RUMOR at this point

Joining The Avengers for a day or two could do wonders for Spidey's popularity. OTOH, the newest generation might think he's just passé and then every attempt to reboot the Spider-Man franchise will be in vain.

Everyone loves Spider-man, but his movie life is a roller-coaster. Aside from Spider-man 2 and to a lesser extent The Amazing Spider-man, he hasn't fared well with film adaptations.

Perhaps not needing a full movie, and just acting in a supporting/cameo role, will get him back on track.