War Horse Original Soundtrack - Tracklist (Spoilers noted inside)

Jay

Bonding... learning... seeding... plowing... .hey you're right!

They all sound like good backdrops for Williams to build up a theme during, though, don't they?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure! They also sound a bit corny :)

Well, simply thank you from my side Jason. ;)

Jason already knows that everything he does is very much appreciated at this end of the laptop chain. Go back to learning to appreciate the TV theme you! ;)

Sure! They also sound a bit corny :)

Well, simply thank you from my side Jason. ;)

Jason already knows that everything he does is very much appreciated at this end of the laptop chain. Go back to learning to appreciate the TV theme you! ;)

;)

Bonding... learning... seeding... plowing... .hey you're right!

They all sound like good backdrops for Williams to build up a theme during, though, don't they?

Yeah and the track times seem generous.We are not even in the war part of War Horse and we have already about 25 minutes of music there just for horse rearing and farm work. If the running time goes above 65 minutes KM is going to have a hissy fit! ;)

Hey that's a good point. So, far, out of 6 tracks, the average track length is 4:12. If the remaining 10 tracks have the same average, that's another 42:07, bringing the total to 67:24

Far and Away, SpaceCamp, Nixon, Born on the Fourth of July, Poseidon Adventure, Heartbeeps, The Fury, The Cowboys, Always, AI Artificial Intelligence. . . .plus a bunch of his 60s scores.

The thing is, even though he usually includes them, when he does they're almost always within the first few tracks of the OST.

Far and Away, SpaceCamp, Nixon, Born on the Fourth of July, Poseidon Adventure, Heartbeeps, The Fury, The Cowboys, Always, AI Artificial Intelligence. . . .plus a bunch of his 60s scores.

The thing is, even though he usually includes them, when he does they're almost always within the first few tracks of the OST.

I would consider End Credits the thematic suite in most of those above scores. Plus some older movies didn't really have but a 1 minute credit sequence since the main credits were at the beginning. Even Theme from Angela's Ashes is an end credits suite. But yeah he didn't write those individual concert arrangements for every score.

Here is to hoping JW will create a thematic suite for the End Credits with new development of the material!

Yes. At least Jason's sources that have supplied the track names thusfar tell us so.

Very true - if the closest we get to a concert version is an brand new End Credits suite, I'll be happy.

If I remember correctly the guy who had the sheet music said that the flute theme at the end of the trailer was a theme that only appeared in full form in the end credits...

Are we sure there's only 16 tracks?

Yes. At least Jason's sources that have supplied the track names thusfar tell us so.

Well, it's Sony Classical, so I wouldn't count on it. ;)

This is a War Movie, but we might actually have a lot more music in the movie than in the other war movies JW scored so far. The focus here is obviously not on the war...

By the way, do we know whether the bit that we hear in the trailer is the main theme? Or is it just any random cue?

Are we sure there's only 16 tracks?

Well, it's Sony Classical, but I wouldn't count on it. ;)

This is a War Movie, but we might actually have a lot more music in the movie than in the other war movies JW scores so far. The focus here is obviously not on the war...

By the way, do we know whether the bit that we hear in the trailer is the main theme? Or is it just any random cue?

FilmComposer told me it is probably the main theme since it appears a lot in the score, more than any other theme.

FilmComposer told me it is probably the main theme since it appears a lot in the score, more than any other theme.

This theme is quite simple, but in a way unlike anything JW has written before, is it? I mean, I can't quite say definitely, "This piece is a bit like JW's previous composition so and so."

Although... it may be slightly reminiscent of the theme in Omaha Beach?

1. Dartmoor, 1912 (3:35)

2. The Auction (3:43)

3. Bringing Joey Home, and Bonding (4:48)

4. Learning the Call (3:42)

5. Seeding, and Horse vs. Car (3:32)

6. Plowing (5:57)

Hmmm, looking good so far. 10 titles to go!

7. Ruined Crop, and Going to War (3:33)

Correcting the tracklisting:

1. More Darting, 1912 (3:35)

2. Auctioning (3:43)

4. Learning his Calling (3:42)

5. Seeding, and Horse Opposing to Car (3:32)

7. Crop Being Ruined, and Going to War (3:33)

Yeah, that would be consistent. ;)

A six minute plowing scene will be Williams' time to shine. I'm also looking forward to the bonding music, that could contain a great theme heard frequently throughout the score to highlight their separation and need to reunite.

It looks like with every single track title being revealed we're thinking of sex. John Williams apparently hasn't lost it yet! (Even if we haven't really heard much of it).

Karol

v. t. To sexually penetrate, esp. in a firm or forceful manner.1. -How was your date with Phyllis? -I plowed her.

2. He's going to Toronto to see a DJ at a fashionable waterfront nightclub and plow the sweet merciful crap out of Julia.

"And the way it was shot and acted ... Sometimes you hear perfect music by just watching a scene, especially with Steven's films. It was just mesmerising."

I agree. Looks like musical ideas will get room to develop

Like "Welcome To Jurassic Park"?

Yeah, he is a true stallion. :P

He scores in more ways than one that much is certain.

And hey almost 30 minutes into the score and we are just going to war. I expect at least 40 minutes more music from the following 9 tracks.

Hmmm.

I just hope that we get to hear the beautiful main theme many many times in the movie, and that we get maybe 2 or 3 other, minor catchy motifs . . .

By the way, so far, judging from the track names alone, we don't seem to have a concert arrangement here, either. No "Theme from War Horse" or just "The War Horse" or something like that... :huh:

8. The Charge and Capture (3:21)

I think 7. and 8. will contain some old-fashioned military-sounding war music . . . :)

I think 7. and 8. will contain some old-fashioned military-sounding war music . . . :)

FilmComposer said about The Charge: "action cue which is unlike his stuff...which is why it's so cool...it's almost like NEW williams with a bit of Raiders mixed in."

FilmComposer said about The Charge: "action cue which is unlike his stuff...which is why it's so cool...it's almost like NEW williams with a bit of Raiders mixed in."

Oh man, stop hyping us! The wait will be excruciating just because that description sounds incredibly awesome! :lol:

Oh man, stop hyping us! The wait will be excruciating just because that description sounds incredibly awesome! :lol:

:lol:

Yeah, Conrad definitely knows how to push the right buttons!

9. The Desertion (2:34)

Oh no! Not The Desertion! Poor war horsey, a deserter from His Majesty's Army! :o

And fommes should add The Deserting into his -ing track list. ;)

8. Charging, or Being Charged, and Capturing, or Being Captured, and Being Confused (3:21)

9. The Deserting (2:34)