La-La Land Records' HOOK (2CD Expanded) Anticipation thread

Jay

No I still make up my own titles for the themes that didn't come from the song demos

Are you seriously going to call the Pirate Theme Low Below and Hook's Theme Stick With Me? :P

Of course!

The liner notes of the new release do as well, BTW.

No I still make up my own titles for the themes that didn't come from the song demos

Are you seriously going to call the Pirate Theme Low Below and Hook's Theme Stick With Me? :P

Of course!

The liner notes of the new release do as well, BTW.

Good heavens! :eh:

I bet Tinker Bell's Theme is renamed after a song Tin-tin-tin-tin Tinkerin' Tin, Tinker-Tinker-Bell.

What's the problem?

Having song titles in place of concrete theme names is just so unorthodox. Heretical even. I have to get used to it.

Anyknow know what this is?

Exit Music (unused) * 1:42

It is an unused piece (heard on various bootlegs though) which I can only speculate to be the original ending of the End Credits or something similar. It contains a beautiful variation on the Neverland Theme. Comments Mr. Takis, Mr. LeBlanc, our resident experts? :)

Looks like it's not strictly chronological as well (not a huge problem, frankly).

In this day and age a minuscule inconvenience easily corrected.

Exit Music is also played as audiences exit the theatre after a musical or play, so I guess the title is another reference to the aborted musical.

What's the problem?

Having song titles in place of concrete theme names is just so unorthodox. Heretical even. I have to get used to it.

Do you call the "When You're Alone" theme the "When You're Alone Theme" or do you call it Maggie's Theme?

What's the problem?

Do you call the "When You're Alone" theme the "When You're Alone Theme" or do you call it Maggie's Theme?

Well you could not call it Maggie's Theme since it is not tied to Maggie alone. I would call it the Children's Theme. ;) Alright, ok, Hook has pretty many themes that are derived from songs like Childhood and the ones mentioned above. I guess I have to bend in this case.

Ah ok, I had to look at the track listing a second time to see where it was. All right, I can live with this arrangement.

Ordered. :)

Did Spielberg contribute to the liner notes?

And is the first part of Farewell Neverland really tracked from You Are The Pan in the film? Or as written by JW?

Well you could not call it Maggie's Theme since it is not tied to Maggie alone. I would call it the Children's Theme.

Why naming them at all, all the cues have titles...?

Well you could not call it Maggie's Theme since it is not tied to Maggie alone. I would call it the Children's Theme.

Order and method publicist, order and method.

Ah ok, I had to look at the track listing a second time to see where it was. All right, I can live with this arrangement.

Ordered. :)

Yea, it's in the same place it's always been!

Did Spielberg contribute to the liner notes?

Nope

And is the first part of Farewell Neverland really tracked from You Are The Pan in the film? Or as written by JW?

Yes that is film tracking. The material you hear in "Farewell Neverland" track on the OST is the only thing Williams wrote and recorded for that scene.

Order and method publicist, order and method.

No latin saying? Come on! I wanna hear something like "Espiritu ec nunc, vita et nunc numerum", or some shit like that. Everything sounds cooler in latin.

Disciplina methodoque BloodBoal mi amice, disciplina methodoque.

Jason, do the liner notes explain the idea behind the creation of the End Credits as heard in the film. Did Williams always plan to include part of the Lost Boys Chase and Tinker Bell material into the credits and then finish it all off with Exit Music or did he initially just plan to use the End Credits opening, the Lost Boy Chase and Exit Music?

I'm not seeing the release on the LalaLand website. Not yet anyway.

That's because it doesn't go up for sale until 1pm PST (4PM est)

Jason, do the liner notes explain the idea behind the creation of the End Credits as heard in the film. Did Williams always plan to include part of the Lost Boys Chase and Tinker Bell material into the credits and then finish it all off with Exit Music or did he initially just plan to use the End Credits opening, the Lost Boy Chase and Exit Music?

The liner notes for "Exit Music" do explain that it was Williams' original intended ending to the End Credits, yes.

The liner notes for "End Credits" don't specifically say that it was Williams' intention to segue from "End Credit" to "The Lost Boys Ballet", but it definitely was.

In other words, Williams' intended original plan was:

"End Credit" -> "Lost Boys Chase" with pick-up ending -> "Exit Music"

But in the final film, they replaced his original intentions with

"End Credit" -> "Lost Boys Chase" (with microedits and pick-up ending) -> music tracked from Tinkerbell's arrival -> music tracked from "Farewell Neverland"

Better! Better! You can smell the intelligence coming out of the words!

Olfacies sicut porcus BloodBoal. Non similis porcos ...

You can pre-order it on other sites, though. I'm not in a hurry, it will be around for a few days. I doubt that HOOK ist that desired, it's a rather silly film and thus, the usual scifi hardcore crowd will not snag it up soon (if anwyway).

I'm not seeing the release on the LalaLand website. Not yet anyway.

That's because it doesn't go up for sale until 1pm PST (4PM est)

Give yourself a gold star because you got to it before I did...

So this isn't exactly the definite edition of Hook. I must admit that's disappointing, after so much wait...

Karol

Its about as close as we'll ever get. For that, I think we ought to be grateful :)

There seem to be many here for whom the OST is the definite edition.

No, just one person.

Factum illud; fieri infectum non potest...

Yes, yes, it makes sense!

Olfacies sicut porcus BloodBoal. Non similis porcos ...

Hey, take that back!

You wanted intelligence BloodBoal, I gave you what you wanted needed :D

So this isn't exactly the definite edition of Hook. I must admit that's disappointing, after so much wait...

At least, they didn't call it "Hook: The Complete Recordings"!

Dougie Doug D. Adams be damned!

4 CDs + a special DVD presentation! And don't forget that after 10 years, we'll get a book "The Music of the Hook film" :D

I'm sure Adams could have squeezed another unending analysis along with the upcoming Hobbit :D

No. There is another.

Now there are two of them. This is getting out of hand!

"End Credit" -> "Lost Boys Chase" (with microedits and pick-up ending) -> music tracked from Tinkerbell's arrival -> music tracked from "Farewell Neverland"

And the LLL set retains this film edit, right?

as expected, williams involvement tainted the release a little bit. It's not LLL fault.

still better than nothing. I'll still be buying it on 1PM PST.

Shame williams didnt let the inserts to be included sepparate at the end of the 2nd cd like they did on home alone.

Retaining OST cues... sad.

I was hoping "We Don't Wanna Grow Up" was going to be the full film version cue. It does sort of suck that the OST edits were retained for this release.

"Pick 'Em, Up" was probably one of those 'reptative' tracks that Williams removed.

Either way this is better than nothing at all. I'll still be purchasing it at 1pm PST (2pm my time).

And the LLL set retains this film edit, right?

Yep

Either way this is better than nothing at all.

It's truly a bummer whenever we have to say that. KM is right. Every other composer gets the full shebang. I have every note of many scores I like a lot less.

While it is kind of a bummer that this release is not completely complete, instead of mourning the missing moments we should be praising what IS there!

The sound quality is FANTASTIC and to get to hear all the cues we've only hear as fuzzy bootlegs before is just plain awesome! Not to mention there is stuff on this new set that you've NEVER heard before!

I'm happy, for the most part.

I'm a *little* dissappointed that williams took out Pick Em' Up, and kept We dont wanna grow up, as I really liked that song, and hoped it would be in the movie, and he could have not had us use album version edits for some of them, but other than that I'm happy with it.

While it is kind of a bummer that this release is not completely complete, instead of mourning the missing moments we should be praising what IS there!

Unless Varese did it. ;)

Looks pretty awesome, as predicted, even with the edits. Of course, my luck forever runs dry: my bank account hit a snag and I can't buy this for another week! AUGH. Hopefully 5000 copies will hang in there for a while.

I don't mind ordering a copy for you if you'd like. PM me your address and I will have it shipped directly to you and you can PayPal me whenever you can. People have helped me before and I am happy to do the same. :)

Looks pretty awesome, as predicted, even with the edits. Of course, my luck forever runs dry: my bank account hit a snag and I can't buy this for another week! AUGH. Hopefully 5000 copies will hang in there for a while.

I don't mind ordering a copy for you if you'd like. PM me your address and I will have it shipped directly to you and you can PayPal me whenever you can. People have helped me before and I am happy to do the same. :)

:thumbup:

:thumbup:

Indeed.

Karol